> #34 Left Hand Tapping / Hammering, Using ONLY The left hand for an entire piece
Todd Simpson
post Jun 30 2018, 10:29 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

QUICK LICKS #34 Left Hand Tapping / Hammering
INTRO:
In this piece we are using ONLY OUR LEFT HAND to create all of the sound. This means you will need to use your finger power to create the strikes for all the notes. So put your guitar pick down, use your picking hand to mute all the strings as i'm doing in the video. You will use your fretting hand to strike every single note. If you lack finger power, this drill will show you where your weak spots are and give you a chance to fix them.

Being able to play this lick will open up an entire range of abilities that you didn't know you even had. Once you get the hang of it, wads of licks that require left hand power will seem like child's play. It's well worth it to get a handle on this type of thing. It can elevate your playing in ways you never thought possible.

*Make sure to watch the vid!.

*NOTE: Try the same right hand muting trick that I'm using here.

BACKGROUND / COMMENTS
This is a stand alone drill/lick. It's meant to be played by itself as it's not really a scale. It's for working up your finger power on your fretting hand!
Attached Image
Attached File  34.gp5 ( 1.84K ) Number of downloads: 18

BTW:
Please let me know if you have any questions about this lick, send me a PM if you like or post here. I'm happy to help!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 7 2018, 07:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 04:30 PM