Something Different For You Guys
sammetal92
Oct 10 2013, 06:53 PM
GMC:er
Here's a little video for you people to listen to biggrin.gif I know you probably won't understand a thing but still, this is different and who knows, some people might like it cool.gif

Comment on how you found the song and the overall concept of the studio.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 16)
wollace03
Oct 10 2013, 07:22 PM
hey! cool song.. I somwhow like the groove...
studio seems a good place to play and record some music... whats the story behind this studio?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 10 2013, 08:03 PM
Its really pleasant to the ear, right? biggrin.gif

This is a really popular show around here, the studio has a house band and they call artists to collaborate and record live performances in the studio, so its somewhere in between a live performance and a recording tongue.gif you might notice some tiny mistakes here and there, they do improvise a whole lot during these sessions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 11 2013, 01:43 AM
I dig the whole package ... concept, studio, performance, vibe, etc.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 11 2013, 10:55 AM
Instructor
This was something I really like! I usually listen non-guitar music much more than guitar soloing smile.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 11 2013, 12:01 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 11 2013, 12:43 AM) *
I dig the whole package ... concept, studio, performance, vibe, etc.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 11 2013, 09:55 AM) *
This was something I really like! I usually listen non-guitar music much more than guitar soloing smile.gif

I love it smile.gif especially the vocals, they're so soothing smile.gif most people really train their voices well here, that's why we've got a lot of singers around tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Oct 11 2013, 12:57 PM
Yeah...that was tight...Good quality music/sound...nice happy creative setting...I like seeing what happening in other cultures cool.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 11 2013, 05:47 PM
QUOTE (Headbanger @ Oct 11 2013, 11:57 AM) *
Yeah...that was tight...Good quality music/sound...nice happy creative setting...I like seeing what happening in other cultures cool.gif

Music is a universal language, right? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Himansu C Kerkar
Oct 18 2013, 08:27 PM
Its a Pakistan based Band called Strings

Show is called Coke Studio where You have a Band or a Regional artist performing their songs as Fusion with a Band like in this case

They play their very Famous Song called Dhaani with a Regional Classic Artist

I have a good Collection of this type of Music ( which anyways is easily available on You tube)

Do let me know if you like such music......... I am happy to suggest more

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
Mate smile.gif I am a huge Ravi Shankar and Anoushka Shankar fan, so thank you for posting this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 21 2013, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Himansu C Kerkar @ Oct 18 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Its a Pakistan based Band called Strings

Show is called Coke Studio where You have a Band or a Regional artist performing their songs as Fusion with a Band like in this case

They play their very Famous Song called Dhaani with a Regional Classic Artist

I have a good Collection of this type of Music ( which anyways is easily available on You tube)

Do let me know if you like such music......... I am happy to suggest more

Awesome to know that others know this show and band too biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 19 2013, 08:16 AM) *
Mate smile.gif I am a huge Ravi Shankar and Anoushka Shankar fan, so thank you for posting this biggrin.gif

Anytime bro biggrin.gif songs today are sometimes kind of shallow to me, lyrics and music wise. Not all music, but some, so listening to something lyrically and musically deep is very refreshing smile.gif specially the voices of Pakistani and Indian singers are just wow, instant relaxation biggrin.gif they NEVER go out of tune, I have no clue how biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 08:14 AM
Instructor
I feel you man smile.gif There was a time around March this year, when I was listening to Anoushka Shankar almost exclusively and I found this amazing footage with her and her father:

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 24 2013, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 22 2013, 07:14 AM) *
I feel you man smile.gif There was a time around March this year, when I was listening to Anoushka Shankar almost exclusively and I found this amazing footage with her and her father:

I didn't see that video before this biggrin.gif its like listening to Vai playing a Sitar laugh.gif she can shred it cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 24 2013, 07:15 PM
Instructor
Top notch ! Thanks for sharing wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 25 2013, 09:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Oct 24 2013, 04:39 PM) *
I didn't see that video before this biggrin.gif its like listening to Vai playing a Sitar laugh.gif she can shred it cool.gif

Vai plays an electric Sithar tongue.gif It's all over the harmony parts in For the Love of God!

Found this preset for emulating a sithar with virtual instruments - maybe someone here would like to use it wink.gif

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Oct 28 2013, 06:23 PM
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Oct 24 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Top notch ! Thanks for sharing wink.gif

My pleasure biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 25 2013, 08:40 AM) *
Vai plays an electric Sithar tongue.gif It's all over the harmony parts in For the Love of God!

Found this preset for emulating a sithar with virtual instruments - maybe someone here would like to use it wink.gif

Wow, didn't know that, I just said what I said off a hunch laugh.gif That's pretty cool and a unique thing to do, to me at least biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2013, 08:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Oct 28 2013, 05:23 PM) *
My pleasure biggrin.gif

Wow, didn't know that, I just said what I said off a hunch laugh.gif That's pretty cool and a unique thing to do, to me at least biggrin.gif

Well, he pulled it off in 1990 so, we're a bit behind schedule... laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:59 AM