10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The Gmc Borderline Group Program
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2015, 03:00 PM
Instructor
We have noticed several GMC’ers are bordering a “threshold experience” - meaning they are about to reach a new level.

Taking those final steps can be a frustrating experience - because the closer we get to our goals, there more confused we get about why we haven’t achieved them yet. Our vision gets blurred. It is easy for students who practice a lot to loose perspective on their own level and progress.

We don’t want you to just sit at home and “wait for something to happen” - therefore we are launching a new kind of group mentoring where we select students who we think are close to this threshold experience.

So what is this program about?

The goal is to help you overcome your threshold in a fast way.

1 - I will contact members via pm who we think have the right level for this. These students have been chosen after researching everybody’s work at the forum (REC program, Collabs, Mentoring programs, Workouts and other threads).

2 - I will give ~weekly assignments with *strict deadlines* that should be respected to accomplish the objectives of this course. You will have to work on them during the whole week and share a take to let us analyze it and decide if you pass to the next assignment.

So again - the idea is not for you to sit and wait for the ‘train to pick you up’. Instead, *you will have to work hard to remain on this train!* So this program will require much more work, and in return the rewards will be much greater.

3 - At the end of the course, we will set a date to have a live stream at the chat-room to hear the students who reached the end of the program rocking some of the assignments.

If you want to know what you must do to qualify for this program, please contact me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 9 2015, 03:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think that's a fantastic idea. it would give the student some serious direction and something to really focus on. Sticking points can be hard to overcome. I used to be the strongest discus thrower in our county, one of the top in the country at schoolboy level. I know at times I just couldn't get past a certain distance, it would take months of practice on my own in the evening then, BAM, you hit your target and over the next few weeks you go beyond what you thought was possible.

Good luck to those that are selected. One thing though. If the instructor thinks something should be done in 7 days I think maybe the student, who is working full time and has family commitments should be given 10 days, or maybe by request if the student is going on a break for a couple of days they can explain to the instructor. 7 days would still be spent on the assignment in total but with a gap period.

Brilliant idea Gab. GMC just keeps on getting better.

Thanks to ALL STAFF at GMC cool.gif

Edit.

What I meant in paragraph 2 was, the student's practise time allocation needs to be taken into account. Maybe this can be discussed with the mentor. It wouldn't be fair to give two students a week when one has 5 hours a day and one has 1 hour a day. Just thought I'd clarify what I was trying to say rolleyes.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 9 2015, 08:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 10 2015, 08:28 AM
GMC Founder
This is indeed a very exciting program! cool.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 9 2015, 04:52 PM) *
What I meant in paragraph 2 was, the student's practise time allocation needs to be taken into account. Maybe this can be discussed with the mentor. It wouldn't be fair to give two students a week when one has 5 hours a day and one has 1 hour a day. Just thought I'd clarify what I was trying to say rolleyes.gif

The idea with this program is to give you pressure with strict guidelines, to help you prioritise your daily practice.

When we are exposed to deadlines and pressure which we can't fully control by ourselves - something happens, and we tend to deliver more (=faster results). So that is the whole idea with this one. Students will need to struggle hard to 'stay on board'.

Does it make sense?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2015, 04:14 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! After a very intensive research at everybody's work here we defined the first group to start working. We feel that these students are at a similar level and that qualify to the main purpose of this program.

Before we publish the chosen ones names, we will get in contact to check if all of them are interested to join this one.

So please check your inbox! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 11 2015, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 10 2015, 08:28 AM) *
This is indeed a very exciting program! cool.gif

The idea with this program is to give you pressure with strict guidelines, to help you prioritise your daily practice.

When we are exposed to deadlines and pressure which we can't fully control by ourselves - something happens, and we tend to deliver more (=faster results). So that is the whole idea with this one. Students will need to struggle hard to 'stay on board'.

Does it make sense?

Makes 100% sense Kris, I just meant that the deadlines need to be student specific due to varying lifestyles. Or maybe give the student xx hours to get it done. Obviously if they take longer but say that they haven't then they are only fooling themselves. Honesty and integrity is the only way with that scenario smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jun 12 2015, 05:14 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab,

It's a great idea.
Sometimes it's not easy to find the motivation .
Having an objective given by an instructor will be good .

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 12 2015, 06:12 AM
Learning Chord Basher
+1 ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Huargo
Jun 12 2015, 07:04 AM
Tone Seeker
Enjoy the trip!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2015, 07:12 AM
Also self discipline lets you down and you don't stick to your routine or you spend the whole time on one aspect and before you know it, time is up. This will give direction to those selected. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2015, 04:12 PM
Instructor
The students have been contacted, we are waiting for confirmations. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 18 2015, 06:46 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! So these are the 5 selected and confirmed students for this group:

Mad

Beat Zbinden

Bleez

Yoncopin

Chris S.

Congrats guys! You'll receive news on how to start soon.

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 18 2015, 06:46 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 18 2015, 07:00 PM
Congratulations everyone smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 18 2015, 09:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Many Thanks biggrin.gif this is gonna be really cool..........

.......... and Im not in the least bit nervous about it at all!
smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 19 2015, 12:56 AM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jun 19 2015, 07:14 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thank you that I can be a part of this group !!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 19 2015, 03:01 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm psyched, when's the first assignment come? I got a whole weekend ahead of me to practice. Thanks for letting me participate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2015, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Stay tuned! We are defining the last details to start.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2015, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Ok guys! It’s time to start!

This course will take 2 months, so we have 60 days of hard work for 6 assignments. This means that you’ll have 10 days to work on each assignment. On day 11th , I’ll expect a video of you playing the assignment.

The assignments will consist on GMC musical lessons that combine different techniques and expressive elements. During the 10 days of practice I will also share tips and complementary exercises that I think will help to master the lessons easily, and you can off course share your status and ask everything you need to master it.

It’s not necessary to learn the whole thing; it is ok if you learn half of the lessons or even less. I won’t judge quantity, I’ll judge quality. You are also allowed and encouraged to add some of your own phrasing in your takes. I won’t be analyzing how close you play this lesson to the original; I will analyze how you manage the specific elements that I want you to work on each assignment.

Each of the assignments will cover a different style direction (blues, rock, ballad, metal, fusion) that will act as an excuse to work on specific elements but also to expand your playing.

At the end of the course I will analyze your overall performance, I’ll pay special attention to details and the amount of individual progress made and the one/s that pass this program will receive a Certificate from GMC.

Assignment 1 – Blues

The first assignment is based on Blues, the roots of most of the music that we hear nowadays. I think that it’s a must for every modern pop, rock, metal and jazz guitarist to master blues. So if you’ve never played this style, you’ll incorporate some new vocabulary into your playing. The specific elements that we will focus on this one are:

- Bending
- Vibrato
- Mixing Pentatonic major with blues scale

Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bendy-Blues/

Deadline: June 29th

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 19 2015, 08:17 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jun 19 2015, 08:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
whoa...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 20 2015, 03:54 AM
Learning Roadie
Long day at work, have to be up in 6 hours to go back so I should probably go to bed...

BUT IM NOT!!!!! ohmy.gif

Time to get started cool.gif

EDIT: Holy moly is that a big bend in the first part! huh.gif

This post has been edited by Chris S.: Jun 20 2015, 04:23 AM

+Quote Post

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:30 PM