2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New Higgy Album
Ben Higgins
May 13 2016, 06:53 AM
Instructor
Greetings, fellow spankers of the plank!

I've been naughty and made more noise again...... it's an album called PANTHEON. I put out the first track from it the other day, a track called Gott Mit Uns. It's an historical phrase used by the German military for decades around the turn of the 20th Century

Some time ago I had another member join the family. Phobos - my Ibanez RG8. Here he is seen with his brother Deimos, who you may remember I called Spartan until I decided a re-naming was appropriate to fit with his sibling. Gott Mit Uns was the first thing I recorded after Phobos arrived.

Attached Image

For those who like a bit of geekery, you may recognise the names as the moons of Mars. They're named after the mythological sons of Ares, the Greek god of war. Like all of the planets expect for Uranus, (or Uranos) we use the names of the Roman counterparts to the Greek deities, however Phobos (Fear) and Deimos (Dread)) retain their Green names.

The album's out now if any of you are interested.... and yes, that's a 9 minute song right at the end cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 13 2016, 07:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
Awesome, congrats for your new album!!!! Who is the first one who just bought your album?...Me of course biggrin.gif
I hardly wait to listen but the download take a little time. Damn....I'm like a child who wait a new toy biggrin.gif
Anyway I already have the feeling that I will love the song " Deus Et Satanas" wink.gif

EDIT: I posted here before to hear from you that I wasn't the first one tongue.gif But....second place it's also good biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: May 13 2016, 07:51 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 13 2016, 08:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 13 2016, 06:12 AM) *
Awesome, congrats for your new album!!!! Who is the first one who just bought your album?...Me of course biggrin.gif
I hardly wait to listen but the download take a little time. Damn....I'm like a child who wait a new toy biggrin.gif
Anyway I already have the feeling that I will love the song " Deus Et Satanas" wink.gif

EDIT: I posted here before to hear from you that I wasn't the first one tongue.gif But....second place it's also good biggrin.gif

You, Mr Roberts and Bleez were the first to jump in!

I hope you enjoy the album.... Deus et Satanas was one of my favourites to write smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 13 2016, 10:47 AM
Learning Tone Master
Your album sounds truly amazing!!!! I enjoyed every second and now I'm back to say which is my favorite song smile.gif The number one is.....actually I have two songs because both deserve the winner place.

Deus et Satanas - As you expected I love this song. Sounds gorgeous from any point of view: composition, tone, playing.

Silos of Doom - From my point of view this is the best song judging from the composition area. It's like a cherry on top. I don't know what you had in mind when you composed this song but you made the best combination of sounds (truly brilliant thinking). Beside the fact that has a fantastic melodic line and that solo from 1:22 is damn killer, all those "weird" sounds which enter in a psychedelic area combined with the riffs make you addicted to this song.
What can I say.....this song is truly very special. Fantastic playing, very complex composition and that weird feeling makes the things to sound so damn perfect!!! HUGE congrats!!!! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: May 13 2016, 10:56 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 13 2016, 12:18 PM
Instructor
Congratulations on your new album Ben!! It's great to see how your career keeps on growing and evolving! All the best my friend. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
nikeman64
May 13 2016, 12:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
BIG Congrats Ben,

Just bought it. I will listen to it in my car cool.gif as soon as possible.

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 13 2016, 01:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 13 2016, 09:47 AM) *
Your album sounds truly amazing!!!! I enjoyed every second and now I'm back to say which is my favorite song smile.gif The number one is.....actually I have two songs because both deserve the winner place.

Deus et Satanas - As you expected I love this song. Sounds gorgeous from any point of view: composition, tone, playing.

Silos of Doom - From my point of view this is the best song judging from the composition area. It's like a cherry on top. I don't know what you had in mind when you composed this song but you made the best combination of sounds (truly brilliant thinking). Beside the fact that has a fantastic melodic line and that solo from 1:22 is damn killer, all those "weird" sounds which enter in a psychedelic area combined with the riffs make you addicted to this song.
What can I say.....this song is truly very special. Fantastic playing, very complex composition and that weird feeling makes the things to sound so damn perfect!!! HUGE congrats!!!! smile.gif

Thanks so much, Monica........ Silos of Doom is another personal fave too. I wanted to take advantage of the low F# on the 8 string and I aimed to get a jarring, industrial-esque riff. The psychedelic arpeggios that occur after each verse came about because I was experimenting with the presets in Overloud TH3. I was particularly pleased with them and the combo of weird tones.

When the solo came, I thought I'd unleash my inner Zakk Wylde smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 13 2016, 11:18 AM) *
Congratulations on your new album Ben!! It's great to see how your career keeps on growing and evolving! All the best my friend. smile.gif

Cheers, Gab!

QUOTE (nikeman64 @ May 13 2016, 11:42 AM) *
BIG Congrats Ben,

Just bought it. I will listen to it in my car cool.gif as soon as possible.

Thank you Nico - I hope you enjoy it... and I hope your car does too wink.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
May 13 2016, 07:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Excellent album Mr H. I've already been playing the ass off Gott Mit Uns since you put on YT - it's a monster of a track - The whole album is a beast to be fair cool.gif but Deus et Satanas and the man who went to hell are beyond beastly! Immediately hooked on those 2 tracks especially.

any more playthough videos planned?

btw buckethead called, he wants his album release rate back smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 13 2016, 08:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ May 13 2016, 06:20 PM) *
Excellent album Mr H. I've already been playing the ass off Gott Mit Uns since you put on YT - it's a monster of a track - The whole album is a beast to be fair cool.gif but Deus et Satanas and the man who went to hell are beyond beastly! Immediately hooked on those 2 tracks especially.

any more playthough videos planned?

btw buckethead called, he wants his album release rate back smile.gif

Cheers, my friend! You know, I did think of you when I'd finished Deus et Satanas as I knew you dug Blues for Lucifer.. so I'm really pleased you like it smile.gif

"Hell" was a pleasure as well.. I did enjoy putting it together, I must admit

I'll probably do at least one more smile.gif

Hopefully Buckethead will let me borrow his magic work ethic for a little longer!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 13 2016, 08:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Just bought it mate, bought some other stuff too wink.gif

Lovin it. Thank you for the music buddy wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
May 13 2016, 08:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 13 2016, 08:15 PM) *
Cheers, my friend! You know, I did think of you when I'd finished Deus et Satanas as I knew you dug Blues for Lucifer.. so I'm really pleased you like it smile.gif

biggrin.gif that's awesome! I like it even more now cool.gif
Deus et Satanas is like the result of an unholy devils threesome between 'lost child', 'bringer of light' and 'B4L'. I dunno what it is about those songs in particular, maybe the atmosphere or dynamics or just the way they seem to dip into the light and then back to the dark but all of those songs have stopped me in my tracks. I salute you, sir smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 13 2016, 09:28 PM
Learning Roadie
very cool songs Ben !!

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2016, 07:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 13 2016, 07:20 PM) *
Just bought it mate, bought some other stuff too wink.gif

Lovin it. Thank you for the music buddy wink.gif

Thank you, Phil - I hope they provide you with pleasurable service! smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ May 13 2016, 07:49 PM) *
biggrin.gif that's awesome! I like it even more now cool.gif
Deus et Satanas is like the result of an unholy devils threesome between 'lost child', 'bringer of light' and 'B4L'. I dunno what it is about those songs in particular, maybe the atmosphere or dynamics or just the way they seem to dip into the light and then back to the dark but all of those songs have stopped me in my tracks. I salute you, sir smile.gif

I'm honoured!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 13 2016, 08:28 PM) *
very cool songs Ben !!

Laurent

Thank you, man cool.gif

+Quote Post
nikeman64
May 14 2016, 09:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Benmeister,

As I said, I listened to your new album on my car stereo. I went into the "are you nuts? ... sound level and man, really this is one pure adrenaline boosting piece of art. Incredible !! Awesome riffs, awesome solo's. Great sound. Next time I go to the gym, I'll play this on my iPod and put at least 20 % of weight extra on the barbell laugh.gif I hope I will not get too excited because at my age ... tendons are not that flexible anymore biggrin.gif ohmy.gif
The whole album is great, first notes of "Gott mit uns" was like : WAKE UP!! HERE I AM. BAM!!!!! And it just kept going that way.
Favourite song? Definitely : Deus Et Satanas. Bro, this is top notch. Beautiful soundscape with a very expressive, melodic solo line. I adore these type of songs and this one is absolutely outstanding !!!!!!!! Congratulations Ben!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 14 2016, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Well well smile.gif Things got really heavy now! smile.gif I hope your album will get an attention it deserves smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 14 2016, 04:35 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Every song stands on its own and is amazing album as a whole.. I'm the Bad Guy and Deify are personal favorites. Love all the different shifts in Bad Guy. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 14 2016, 04:56 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ May 12 2016, 09:53 PM) *
Greetings, fellow spankers of the plank!

I've been naughty and made more noise again...... it's an album called PANTHEON. I put out the first track from it the other day, a track called Gott Mit Uns. It's an historical phrase used by the German military for decades around the turn of the 20th Century

Some time ago I had another member join the family. Phobos - my Ibanez RG8. Here he is seen with his brother Deimos, who you may remember I called Spartan until I decided a re-naming was appropriate to fit with his sibling. Gott Mit Uns was the first thing I recorded after Phobos arrived.

Attached Image

For those who like a bit of geekery, you may recognise the names as the moons of Mars. They're named after the mythological sons of Ares, the Greek god of war. Like all of the planets expect for Uranus, (or Uranos) we use the names of the Roman counterparts to the Greek deities, however Phobos (Fear) and Deimos (Dread)) retain their Green names.

The album's out now if any of you are interested.... and yes, that's a 9 minute song right at the end cool.gif

Tone's of DOOM! Man you transitioned to that 8 like it was made for you, Ben. Friggin awesome man! You are turning into quite the monster Mr Higgins. Rock on! And congrats on the new axe and album!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 14 2016, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (nikeman64 @ May 14 2016, 08:21 AM) *
Benmeister,

As I said, I listened to your new album on my car stereo. I went into the "are you nuts? ... sound level and man, really this is one pure adrenaline boosting piece of art. Incredible !! Awesome riffs, awesome solo's. Great sound. Next time I go to the gym, I'll play this on my iPod and put at least 20 % of weight extra on the barbell laugh.gif I hope I will not get too excited because at my age ... tendons are not that flexible anymore biggrin.gif ohmy.gif
The whole album is great, first notes of "Gott mit uns" was like : WAKE UP!! HERE I AM. BAM!!!!! And it just kept going that way.
Favourite song? Definitely : Deus Et Satanas. Bro, this is top notch. Beautiful soundscape with a very expressive, melodic solo line. I adore these type of songs and this one is absolutely outstanding !!!!!!!! Congratulations Ben!!! smile.gif

Nico, thanks so much for you kind words...... I'll have images in my head of you doing a Schwarzenegger in the gym next time you go!! cool.gif

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ May 14 2016, 02:32 PM) *
Well well smile.gif Things got really heavy now! smile.gif I hope your album will get an attention it deserves smile.gif

Cheers D!

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 14 2016, 03:35 PM) *
Every song stands on its own and is amazing album as a whole.. I'm the Bad Guy and Deify are personal favorites. Love all the different shifts in Bad Guy. cool.gif

Thanks Joe - I'm really stoked to hear some different song titles being thrown out as well smile.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 14 2016, 03:56 PM) *
Tone's of DOOM! Man you transitioned to that 8 like it was made for you, Ben. Friggin awesome man! You are turning into quite the monster Mr Higgins. Rock on! And congrats on the new axe and album!

Thank you Rich... I'm not sure what it was that made me gravitate to the 8 - I just knew I had to have one and it would either work out or not! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 14 2016, 09:45 PM
GMC:er
PURE EPIC HIGGY!!! I love the spot in the vid around 3:48 in particular but the entire thing freaking RAWKS!!!!!!!! Just bought my copy online to add to my Higgy Collection!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 14 2016, 09:48 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 15 2016, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 14 2016, 08:45 PM) *
PURE EPIC HIGGY!!! I love the spot in the vid around 3:48 in particular but the entire thing freaking RAWKS!!!!!!!! Just bought my copy online to add to my Higgy Collection!

Todd

You rock T-Sim! cool.gif

I look forward to hearing what you think of the rest of it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:08 PM