Advise On Tapping
bmh1109
Aug 15 2007, 04:40 AM
GMC:er
Ive been working on your slow solo lesson, which i love btw, and I've got everything up to the 2 finger tapping part down pretty good. I was wondering if you had any specific type of exercise you use to practice tapping like what you used in this solo. I have the tapping part to about 75% of where it needs to be to sound correct and clean, im just looking for tips to get it the rest of the way. Thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 15 2007, 08:49 AM
Instructor
I never was actually practicing 2-finger tapping! When you are playing this kind of tapping using 2 or 3 fingers of your right hand - you have to make it very slowly so you can feel each hit of the finger! If you want to play it nice and clean - you first have to play it clean and slow and make each hit of the right hand very precise and confident so that you produce nice loud tap.

The tricky part is the pull of with ring finger and that's what you also have to feel. There is not much of a regular pull-off in the standard sense of "pulling-off".

Practice something like this: 15-17-15, 15-17-15 and repeat it again and again! Tap 15th, tap 17th, pull-off 17th! Once you get this slow and clean you'll sure be able to play it fast and clean. Mute unnecessary strings with your left hand and just work on these 2 taps.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM