> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Vai Made Easy, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

George Hlio
Mar 15 2016, 09:28 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Original lesson: Vai Made Easy by Ben Higgins

2nd take on this one! I aimed for good phrasing and elimination of string noises... P.S. I am still trying to understand what am I saying to myself in the beginning of the video :) My previous attempt below: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56671

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=56671

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2016, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Hi George, good second take!

I can say that you have really polished your take. I don't hear the unwanted noises anymore so you did a good job with your muting technique. I can also say that your timing is precise in most of the take and that your vibrato is a lot better!

The only thing that you could improve on this one is tone. I feel that the original lesson has a more enjoyable tone, it's smoother and fits better with the backing track.

I'm honestly impressed of how much you could improve your previous take. You can keep on practicing this one to give more and more feeling, but I can say that this is a GREAT take!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 18 2016, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Hi George. You have made a massive improvement with your timing and noise control! smile.gif

The slides at 0:41 sound much more controlled but be aware of rushing with these. They just about ok with timing but they are right on the edge of being slightly early, ok?

The index finger is a little uncomfortable with keeping the timing at 0:53. Maybe sliding is something to devote some extra time to because it is hard to keep time with slides.

Overall, though, excellent work!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 19 2016, 12:05 PM
Instructor
Hey George!

Excellent improvements! Your playing became really tight here. I have nothing to complain here aside from one thing. You need to work out your vibrato because you have a very common problem with vibrating over increased pitch - you slightly bend the note and vibrate it while you should always go across fully released tension - right pitch of the note. Try to think of vibrato like a series of pulses - ultra tiny bend for a change with totally released pressure smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 21 2016, 06:48 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:12 PM