13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Kaznie_NL, Uploads and Discussion
kaznie_NL
Apr 21 2009, 07:36 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So... I have this for the Satch collab, and I have a problem. I can't get off the point where this sound seems a bit dull.... How can I get it come out more?? I tried adding some treble, some less bass, some more gain... I just can't get it ok tongue.gif I want it like in the satch song If I could Fly, and i hope you could recognize that tongue.gif The GP5 file contains the tab, but the timing ain't alright.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 21 2009, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 21 2009, 07:36 PM) *
So... I have this for the Satch collab, and I have a problem. I can't get off the point where this sound seems a bit dull.... How can I get it come out more?? I tried adding some treble, some less bass, some more gain... I just can't get it ok tongue.gif I want it like in the satch song If I could Fly, and i hope you could recognize that tongue.gif The GP5 file contains the tab, but the timing ain't alright.

I know Satch uses a cry-baby wah as a filter a lot.....if you have one of those you could try that. It should make it come out quite a bit. Listen to "one big rush" off of his "flying in a blue dream" album to hear what I am talking about. I don't know if he is doing that on If I could fly, but he very well could be. I still thing "A Ionian" sound better over this progression, but again......it's all opinions. tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 22 2009, 08:59 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 21 2009, 09:45 PM) *
I know Satch uses a cry-baby wah as a filter a lot.....if you have one of those you could try that. It should make it come out quite a bit. Listen to "one big rush" off of his "flying in a blue dream" album to hear what I am talking about. I don't know if he is doing that on If I could fly, but he very well could be. I still thing "A Ionian" sound better over this progression, but again......it's all opinions. tongue.gif

Emir asked for A penta, so I thought let's use A penta tongue.gif But maybe I can add some Ionian notes to get it sound more like if I could fly. Pod Farm has some Wahs, I can try to set them at a nice level.

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Apr 22 2009, 08:59 AM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 22 2009, 06:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Monte,

I'm still a bit confused about these modes. Joe Satriani has a video where he plays in E, and then goes through several modes. Does this mean he knows all positions for every key??? I mean, going from A Ionian to B Dorian is just changing the root note, but going from A Ionian to A Dorian is changing shifting the A ionian up two frets and changing the place for the root. Am I right when I say that for fluid playing with modes you need to know all the notes on the fretboard within a second?

UPDATE: something else I don't get... Learning how to play the dorian mode, ain't that just playing the Ionion mode with different roots????

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Apr 22 2009, 07:11 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 22 2009, 07:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 22 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Hey Monte,

I'm still a bit confused about these modes. Joe Satriani has a video where he plays in E, and then goes through several modes. Does this mean he knows all positions for every key??? I mean, going from A Ionian to B Dorian is just changing the root note, but going from A Ionian to A Dorian is changing shifting the A ionian up two frets and changing the place for the root. Am I right when I say that for fluid playing with modes you need to know all the notes on the fretboard within a second?

UPDATE: something else I don't get... Learning how to play the dorian mode, ain't that just playing the Ionion mode with different roots????

Yeah you are right. Playing fluidly.....improvising on the spot.....would require you knowing instantly every position.

Remember that whether you are playing in A Ionian or B Dorian....since the notes are the same......depends on what chords you are soloing over. If you play A Ionian over an A major chord it will sound like A Ionian. If you play that same scale over a B minor chord it will sound like B Dorian. It's all about the relationship of the chords to the scale. You have to have both the chords and the scales to get the sound of a mode. Make sense?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 23 2009, 03:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 22 2009, 08:22 PM) *
Yeah you are right. Playing fluidly.....improvising on the spot.....would require you knowing instantly every position.

Remember that whether you are playing in A Ionian or B Dorian....since the notes are the same......depends on what chords you are soloing over. If you play A Ionian over an A major chord it will sound like A Ionian. If you play that same scale over a B minor chord it will sound like B Dorian. It's all about the relationship of the chords to the scale. You have to have both the chords and the scales to get the sound of a mode. Make sense?

it does I gues... But to get a sad sound, you can just play A Aeolian without any BT right? it should still sound sad...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 23 2009, 03:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 23 2009, 03:05 PM) *
it does I gues... But to get a sad sound, you can just play A Aeolian without any BT right? it should still sound sad...

All depends on what notes you emphasize Kaz. IMO You can't get the sound of a mode without the context of the chords playing underneath. You could get it to sound sad and minorish but not near as sad and minor sounding as if you play a minor chord progression underneath it.

Maybe Pedja, or Muris or Andrew could stop in here and help me explain this better. Modes=chords+scale. If you don't have both of these elements you can't get the true sound of the mode. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 23 2009, 08:16 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
new lukather take. It's all one piece, I only failed on the last two notes tongue.gif so I redid them, where I failed some more notes, which I redid... but in essence, just two notes are done twice wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 24 2009, 08:29 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Monte,

pls comment on this take for the Volume Control lesson, it's not close to Vis0n's take, and I mis the goosebumps which I should get when the key changes.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 24 2009, 08:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 24 2009, 08:29 PM) *
Hey Monte,

pls comment on this take for the Volume Control lesson, it's not close to Vis0n's take, and I mis the goosebumps which I should get when the key changes.

What take?

Luke lesson sounds good. Are you isolating the faster runs and practicing them separately? If not try doing this....it will make them sound much better. wink.gif Good job!!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 25 2009, 11:22 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 24 2009, 09:43 PM) *
What take?

Luke lesson sounds good. Are you isolating the faster runs and practicing them separately? If not try doing this....it will make them sound much better. wink.gif Good job!!

Woops, forgot to upload tongue.gif Sometime today I'll upload it wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 26 2009, 12:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So, a bit late, but I have it tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 26 2009, 02:17 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 26 2009, 12:19 PM) *
So, a bit late, but I have it tongue.gif

Sounds good Kaz...why do I hear a bunch of clicks though? Is this from combining takes? Just need a little cleaning up but overall I'd say you did a great job. \m/\m/

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 26 2009, 07:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 26 2009, 03:17 PM) *
Sounds good Kaz...why do I hear a bunch of clicks though? Is this from combining takes? Just need a little cleaning up but overall I'd say you did a great job. \m/\m/

Recording the backing. The clicks come from my Pod GX.

Ok new take on the Satch thing. This is half written, half improvised. Would this be aceptable? It's hard to write more then the two first If I could Frases. I can't seem to think of something that fits after that.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 26 2009, 09:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 26 2009, 07:25 PM) *
Recording the backing. The clicks come from my Pod GX.

Ok new take on the Satch thing. This is half written, half improvised. Would this be aceptable? It's hard to write more then the two first If I could Frases. I can't seem to think of something that fits after that.

I thought that sounded good. You could always try some sort of arpeggio run or a pentatonic run over the C5-D5 section. I thought it sounded fine as is though. Up to you if you want to work on it some more. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 27 2009, 10:13 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 26 2009, 10:27 PM) *
I thought that sounded good. You could always try some sort of arpeggio run or a pentatonic run over the C5-D5 section. I thought it sounded fine as is though. Up to you if you want to work on it some more. smile.gif

problem is I improvised half of it, so I can't just redo it wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 27 2009, 12:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I've uploaded my final take in Emir's thread, it's quite different fromt he previous take!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 2 2009, 01:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm back wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
lcsdds
May 3 2009, 03:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ May 2 2009, 01:42 PM) *
I'm back wink.gif

Welcome back Kaz....hope you had a good holiday. I liked your new take for the Satch collab. Turned out nice. Good job. smile.gif

What are you working on at the moment?

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 3 2009, 07:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nothing tongue.gif Playing poker xD Holiday is over, but I'll keep working on the Lukather lesson (I want in perfect for a REC take). I'm planning on filming some entries for the REC program. They shuld include Volume Control Phrasing and Steve Lukather style. Maybe also jazzy bluesy phrasing from Piotr, it's not very hard, but sounds cool. Just to add some jazz wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:00 AM