My Sweet Becky..., A Love Composition...
FretDancer69
Aug 15 2007, 08:24 AM
GMC:er
Hello, ive been wanting to record something nice for the girl i love, I wanted to compose something for her, to tell her how much i love her, not with my words, but with my melody. I wanted the guitar to speak for itself...

So, ive recorded some licks ive come up with. Its still a work in progress, but it sounds great IMO.

Ive used the Am Pentatonic scale for this song, being the only scale i actually know by heart.

So here it is, i hope you guys like it. I played it with all my heart. Ive gathered some ideas from Gabriel's recent Major Pentatonic Lesson and then i added licks of my own, using the Am Pentatonic scale.

Please comment and give suggestions. As i want to make this, one of my greatest works ever.

You'll notice that the title of the file is "MiDulceBecky" which in english is: "My Sweet Becky" wub.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 15 2007, 08:28 AM
Pretty cool
Have you let her here it yet?I think you should add a rythem guitar onto it if you still have time.See ya in the chat . smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Aug 15 2007, 08:29 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
KGZ
Aug 15 2007, 12:48 PM
Good job !!.... but in my experience, non guitar players don't really appreciate the music until there's a backing track behind it. or they're watching you play it in person. I would definitely recommend some rhythm guitar.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 15 2007, 01:26 PM
thanks guys. I really want to extend it alot, and add some bass, drums and rythm guitar.

I was wondering, if this isnt too much asking, could anyone make a backing track for me for this song? and add a chord progression that fits my scale...please. Or it would be ok too if you can tell me where to get some good backings with drums, bass, and rythm guitar.

Thanks alot guys.

And no, she hasnt' listened to it yet, i wanna add more stuff to it.

Also, i agree with you about non-experienced guitar players and backing tracks. But good thing is, she plays the guitar as well! And is very devoted to it!! Thats one of many reasons i love her so much!!!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Aug 15 2007, 01:35 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Aug 15 2007, 06:20 PM
I can hook you up with backing tracks for bass and drums, but to do that I would like you to put down some rhythm guitar first so I can get a better idea of what the drums and the bass should be doing.

Anyways, nice work, hope she likes it!

Oh and btw, the solo could really use some vibrato. Every time you hang on a note, shake it like crazy! It adds alot to a solo.

/Marcus

This post has been edited by Smurkas: Aug 15 2007, 06:21 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 16 2007, 03:40 AM
QUOTE (Smurkas @ Aug 15 2007, 11:20 AM) *
I can hook you up with backing tracks for bass and drums, but to do that I would like you to put down some rhythm guitar first so I can get a better idea of what the drums and the bass should be doing.

Anyways, nice work, hope she likes it!

Oh and btw, the solo could really use some vibrato. Every time you hang on a note, shake it like crazy! It adds alot to a solo.

/Marcus

alright dude, ill make add the rythm guitar. But, do you think acoustic would work best or a distortion one? And about vibrato, i use vibrato in the solo, but not too much. Like i said, that is NOT the recording im gonna show her, the ultimate and final one, will have the Best of my Vibrato. I dont wanna boast or anything, but i think that vibrato is my best technique so far, i really love my vibrato and satisfied with it. smile.gif

Thanks for helping me with this dude, i owe you one. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Aug 16 2007, 07:41 PM
hey! Harmonizing! 7 frets down play the same lick over that one, that might sound awesome, i have been doing that on a song im working on.

Refer to Kris's lesson on harmonies https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar-harmonizing.htm

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Aug 16 2007, 07:42 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 17 2007, 02:20 AM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Aug 16 2007, 12:41 PM) *
hey! Harmonizing! 7 frets down play the same lick over that one, that might sound awesome, i have been doing that on a song im working on.

Refer to Kris's lesson on harmonies https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar-harmonizing.htm

hmm never thought about that, it might actually sound good. but im not sure if i should harmonize the whole song, or just bits... unsure.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2007, 02:23 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Aug 16 2007, 01:20 PM) *
hmm never thought about that, it might actually sound good. but im not sure if i should harmonize the whole song, or just bits... unsure.gif

Just passages I think, if you do the whole thing it'll sound overdone IMO. What I would do is take what you think are the highlights of the song, and get them down perfectly and pour all your emotion into them. Much of the rest, and especially anything you think is lacking, might benefit from harmonizing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 17 2007, 02:38 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 16 2007, 07:23 PM) *
Just passages I think, if you do the whole thing it'll sound overdone IMO. What I would do is take what you think are the highlights of the song, and get them down perfectly and pour all your emotion into them. Much of the rest, and especially anything you think is lacking, might benefit from harmonizing.

thanks, Ill do that.

But i still have a question about the Rythm Guitar:

Should i make the rythm with an acoustic guitar? I think it sounds more "love" type. I dont want heavy metal riffs. But what do you guys think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 17 2007, 05:46 AM
I like the idea you got smile.gif, but I think you should slow it down a bit and perhaps more pauses in between phrases, it will sound alot better(+more emotional)
and like the rest here said, it has to have a backing, atleast a rythm guitar.

I actually got some ideas as for backing and for continuation of the melody, so if you want then add me on msn: [email protected] and i'll help you out with it! smile.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 17 2007, 06:15 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 16 2007, 10:46 PM) *
I like the idea you got smile.gif, but I think you should slow it down a bit and perhaps more pauses in between phrases, it will sound alot better(+more emotional)
and like the rest here said, it has to have a backing, atleast a rythm guitar.

I actually got some ideas as for backing and for continuation of the melody, so if you want then add me on msn: [email protected] and i'll help you out with it! smile.gif

thanks man. Ill add you right now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:45 PM