3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Scariest Game Series Ever?, and by extension...Scariest Game Ever!
Scary Games!
Most Frightening Game Series?
Silent Hill Series [ 12 ] ** [28.57%]
Resident Evil Series [ 8 ] ** [19.05%]
Fatal Frame Series [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Doom Series [ 7 ] ** [16.67%]
Halflife Series [ 2 ] ** [4.76%]
The Suffering Series [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Clocktower Series [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Dino Crisis Series [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Alone in the dark Series [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Manhunt Series [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
I'm Batman, and none of these scare me. [ 4 ] ** [9.52%]
Didn't play any of these.. [ 7 ] ** [16.67%]
Most Frightening Game out of series?
Eternal Darkness [ 3 ] ** [7.14%]
F.E.A.R. [ 10 ] ** [23.81%]
System Shock 2 [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Prey [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Clive Barkers Undying [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Aliens Vs. Predator [ 3 ] ** [7.14%]
Siren [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
The Thing [ 2 ] ** [4.76%]
American McGee's Alice [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
I'm Batman, and none of these scare me. [ 5 ] ** [11.90%]
Didn't play any of these... [ 14 ] ** [33.33%]
Scariest Game of all time?
Silent Hill 1 [ 8 ] ** [19.05%]
Resident Evil 4 [ 3 ] ** [7.14%]
Fatal Frame 2 [ 1 ] ** [2.38%]
Doom 3 [ 8 ] ** [19.05%]
Halflife 2 [ 3 ] ** [7.14%]
Other....(explain in the thread) [ 7 ] ** [16.67%]
I'm Batman... [ 5 ] ** [11.90%]
Didn't play any of these...and I'm really missing out [ 7 ] ** [16.67%]
Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
Spiderusalem
Dec 25 2007, 12:33 AM
GMC:er
I firmly believe that the fatal frame games are the scariest games ever made. My ex girlfriend once broke down in tears out of fear/anxiety/jumpyness from playing the first one. I wanna hear what you think.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 25 2007, 12:42 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Silent hill 1 for me, so creepy, my girlfriend at the time wouldnt let me play it if she was in the room, and I didnt like playing it when I was on my own laugh.gif so never finished it laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 25 2007, 12:52 AM
Learning Roadie
System shock 2 needs to be in the scariest of all time category, because it is cool.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 25 2007, 01:02 AM
Instructor
Played some of these games and saw almost all of them but really don't know which one is the scariest smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 25 2007, 01:16 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Silent Hill 2 for me, cause i played it when i was kinda young, so it really got to me then, i dont really get scared by games anymore, a select few get me though wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 25 2007, 06:41 AM
Most frightening series for me is the Doom one.

Most frightening game out of series would be F.E.A.R.

And my scariest game of all time is Condemned. Took me months to finish the last level just because I was scared of ever going down that basement.

I remember I went into the basement of this house, and I grabbed a 2x4 off the wall and walked into a corner. Then I took out the blacklight and looked around, and then I heard a sound behind me. I turned to see a zombie ready to hit me in the face.

My neighbors ended up calling my house to see if someone was killed. They said they heard a woman shrieking.

sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Dec 25 2007, 06:46 AM
QUOTE (Ayen @ Dec 25 2007, 06:41 AM) *
Most frightening game out of series would be F.E.A.R.

And my scariest game of all time is Condemned. Took me months to finish the last level just because I was scared of ever going down that basement.

I could only play F.E.A.R during the day. I'm a baby though, And when I started to play condemned I nearly wet myself.

Amazing games though! So much suspense.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Ayen
Dec 25 2007, 08:55 AM
Agreed, and both had brilliant storylines!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
spdalton
Dec 25 2007, 09:29 AM
F.E.A.R was awesome but so scary!
But for my "Other . explain in thread" game it would be Zork Nemesis.
A puzzle game that just seemed to freak me out when I played it as a child.

--------------------
IPB Image
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

http://www.myspace.com/cashnz

+Quote Post
Tank
Dec 25 2007, 10:42 AM
GMC Veteran
I remember buying the playstation in 1995, with resident evil. There had never been a game like it before. Started the game off, had a look around the main hallway, then went into the dining room. Nothing much interesting in here. Side door into a hallway. OMG there's a zombie munching on a body! BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG, clip empty. Load new clip BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG, clip empty. Knife out, SLICE SLICE SLICE. Okay, it's dead. *heavy breathing*

I remember at this point thinking "there must be another couple of zombies dotted about this house", and had to spend the next quarter of the game without any bullets. I was a nervous wreck by the time the dogs burst through the windows.

Absolutely great game. There have been a couple of others since that have had the "jump" factor. But Res Evil was the first.

Strangely enough, I found that the subsequent Res Evil titles were too easy? You never seemed to run out of stuff, and the monsters were too easy to kill :S

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Dec 25 2007, 11:24 AM
I agree F.E.A.R. is one hell of a scary game ohmy.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 25 2007, 01:54 PM
Diablo - the original, whilst listening to Cannibal Corpse. laugh.gif

Euuurrrgghhh!

My mum always hated that game... tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Gen
Dec 25 2007, 02:13 PM
Silent Hill 1 for me.
I was really young when i played it the first time, i bought one of these demo/magazines at the game shop, it was a star wars dedicated mag, so i thought the cd would be a star wars demo aswell tongue.gif
I started to play, and i noticed i didnt have any light saber or something, and it was all dark and creepy, i turned off the console when i saw the first monster laugh.gif .
A few weeks after that, i bought the game, because i was curious tongue.gif
I finished it and loved it, the story line is amazing, as well as for the other games of the serie.

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 25 2007, 03:28 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 25 2007, 04:54 AM) *
Diablo - the original, whilst listening to Cannibal Corpse. laugh.gif

Euuurrrgghhh!

My mum always hated that game... tongue.gif

Thats an amazing combination!

I still have the original Diablo, and plenty of Cannibal Corpse smile.gif

EDIT
Me and my Mum used to play that game together when i was like 10! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 25 2007, 03:29 PM

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 25 2007, 03:44 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 25 2007, 06:28 AM) *
Thats an amazing combination!

I still have the original Diablo, and plenty of Cannibal Corpse smile.gif

EDIT
Me and my Mum used to play that game together when i was like 10! laugh.gif

Haha yeah laugh.gif Me and my dad played it together when I must have been about 9.

My little brother found it again recently and played it - it disappointed though, I remember it being so much more vivid than a bumch of pixelated red and grey blobs. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Dec 25 2007, 03:59 PM
Instructor
I'm a Doom fan, so my answer is simple smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 25 2007, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Owen @ Dec 25 2007, 06:44 AM) *
Haha yeah laugh.gif Me and my dad played it together when I must have been about 9.

My little brother found it again recently and played it - it disappointed though, I remember it being so much more vivid than a bumch of pixelated red and grey blobs. biggrin.gif

Oh how times have changed eh? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Dec 25 2007, 04:33 PM
OOGIE BOOGIE!!! biggrin.gif

Resident Evil series is the scariest for me....

F.E.A.R is so scary, I have it but I'm afraid to play it, and when I get the courage to play it, it only takes me a couple of minutes and I'm crying like a little baby smile.gif

Resident Evil 4 is the scariest game of all time, but also an awesome game because of the story smile.gif

also Condemned is so scary, it crawls somewhere into your brains darkest places and stays there and hunts you forever smile.gif ( Same with F.E.A.R )

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 25 2007, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I dont like to play scary games.... I am always nervous when i am playing so i really dont like playing them.

One of the scariest games i have ever played (Havent played so many scary games) was Area 51..I played it like 2 times then i didnt want to play mre because it was really scary

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 26 2007, 12:14 AM
I haven't played any of these... Only Ratchet and Clank and car racing stuff...

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:00 AM