Is Reaper Really Free?
JTaylor
Dec 17 2011, 06:15 PM
Apprentice Roadie
I found the problem I had with Amp3 and Reaper addressed in another post and I would like to give it a try. However, every time I open it, it says "Reaper is not free!" and tells me I have x amount of days left before I have to buy it. I thought it was free? huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 17 2011, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie
No, it is not free.

The Demo is but it works on trust, so the demo never actually runs out, so you can use it in Demo mode (which is no different to paid full version) forever. At $60 for a DAW which could be sold for 5-10x that amount, then I would encourage buying it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Dec 17 2011, 06:45 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 17 2011, 05:21 PM) *
No, it is not free.

The Demo is but it works on trust, so the demo never actually runs out, so you can use it in Demo mode (which is no different to paid full version) forever. At $60 for a DAW which could be sold for 5-10x that amount, then I would encourage buying it.

I agree with you 100%. I'll use Audacity until I can buy it. Thanks for the info! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JekyllShred
Dec 17 2011, 06:58 PM
GMC:er
I just got Reaper 3 weeks ago and loving it. My trial hasn't run out but i will buy it. It just as good as any other DAW out there

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 18 2011, 02:24 AM
Instructor
Reaper is an excellent DAW, which upgraded a lot since early versions, which looked pretty basic. 2-3 years ago it was 1 generation behind bigger names at the time, but now it became almost as good and comfortable to work with (specially if you are seasoned user). You can see that they are making progress, obviously donations and licenses are helping.

Having said that, it was marked as Number One DAW of the year 2011 by some sites, probably a marketing trick, but still, their business decision to distribute Reaper with unlimited free demo license certainly pushed things a bit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Blister
Dec 18 2011, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (JTaylor @ Dec 17 2011, 12:45 PM) *
I agree with you 100%. I'll use Audacity until I can buy it. Thanks for the info! cool.gif

I'm using (should say learning to use) Reaper in the trial mode. Just click "Still evaluating" until you purchase it. I will purchase it soon, but you might as well get used to using it. It has many more features compared to Audacity.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 18 2011, 09:26 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I wasa reluctant to try Reaper since I was comfortable with my old DAW, but since I invested some time I learning to use it I really dig Reaper. It's true, you can use it as long as you want for free, but I agree with Posterboy that you should give them some money when you use it on a regular basis.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 18 2011, 04:08 PM
Learning Roadie
These guys are right. I am still evaluating Reaper. I will certainly buy my own license one of these days. But you should certainly start learning it. You will be amazed how much better it is than Audacity.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:34 PM