5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
What Bands Got You Into Metal
Feffey
Sep 3 2008, 06:56 PM
GMC:er
For me it was Metallica. You know went from R&B to metal real quick, so I started listening to One, then I guess it was Sanitarium and Fade to black. And now I'm all in to that sorta Trash metal smile.gif
Thought I'm not sure what made me listen to metal tongue.gif I guess it was just ment to be xD

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Feffey: Sep 3 2008, 06:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 3 2008, 07:01 PM
I'm not really a metalhead (anymore tongue.gif), but I guess it was Metallica, that got into metal in the first place smile.gif

I more of an Bluesman now biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 07:04 PM
Instructor
Guess who ???

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 3 2008, 07:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hehe, Eddie on your guitar kinda reveals it as well tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
pat
Sep 3 2008, 07:14 PM
no certain band got me into metal, it was more like the gmc forum made me listen to metal. with all the thread´s saying "you gotta listen to that band..." i somehow started listening to all this stuff and i think it´s just great!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 07:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Canis @ Sep 3 2008, 08:13 PM) *
Hehe, Eddie on your guitar kinda reveals it as well tongue.gif

haha, that's true !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Soolas
Sep 4 2008, 10:10 PM
For me this are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, UFO

--------------------
Guitar: Mayones Setius Pro Lizard, Epiphone G-400
Amp: VOX AD30VT-XL

my english is not the best!!! ;-)

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 4 2008, 10:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Haha very nice topic:)

For me it was (don't laugh) MANOWAR:) with Warriors of the world united.
I saw them at Viva a german tv channel like MTV and they had a show called Hell's Kitchen.

After that i got into metal:)

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 4 2008, 10:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (edguy @ Sep 4 2008, 11:15 PM) *
For me it was (don't laugh) MANOWAR:) with Warriors of the world united.

I love that song! I just got my lazy self to learn it today tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 4 2008, 10:30 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Iron Maiden, Anthrax, Ac/Dc, Metallica and Guns N' Roses smile.gif
I was 11 at the time, what a fantastic discovery metal was wub.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 4 2008, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Iron Maiden wins !!! It's amazing, there are a lot of people influenced by them... including myself biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
helo92
Jan 31 2009, 09:45 PM
the first metall band i listened to was NIghtwish
from them i came to Cob who are my fav band right know

--------------------
<a href="http://www.wacken.com/" target="_blank"><embed src="http://banner.wacken.com/banner/WOA_Banner2010_468x60_090904_cw.swf" quality="high" width="468" height="60"></embed></a>

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 1 2009, 04:00 AM
Slipknot. first acually heavy band I listened to

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2009, 04:59 AM
Instructor
Guns and Roses and Metallica's black album prepaired me to became an Iron Maiden fan.. So I can say that these three bands got me into metal... Now I love these bands an many other metal bands.
Before Maiden I discovered Malmsteen and then all the power metal bands... then I discovered Dream Theater.. and after that the list continued and continues growing...

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 1 2009, 05:04 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Tono Fyr
Feb 2 2009, 03:41 PM
I started about four years ago. A friend of mine got me listening to Shadows Fall (To this day, they're the only band of that set that I actually like), and I also bought Master of Puppets, and not long after that, I stumbled onto Blind Guardian through an Anime Music Video using the song Battlefield. I haven't really looked back since.

+Quote Post
utak3r
Feb 2 2009, 04:55 PM
It was two steps... first it was just as a young boy, it was Accept, Metallica, Kreator, Slayer and similar bands...
And few years later, in early 90's I've heard My Dying Bride, which were starting their march for being the kings.... it changed my music tastes completely, they showed me another world of music biggrin.gif no more funny and lite music, like heavy, trash, death or something (sure, I like listening to it sometimes for relaxing...) - the world of the true weight - doom metal biggrin.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
J.T.
Feb 5 2009, 09:35 AM
Iron Maiden for me too... but the next great thing I got a s a kid was Blind Guardian - Imaginations From The Other Side. I used to listen to that one all the time!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 5 2009, 09:44 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Well the first metal band I was listening on my own, was Metallica. I had no tapes/cd back than, and waited each week to visit my older friends with whom I played role playing games, as they were always listening to Metallica:P After that, I started to listen to everything from Aerosmith-Guns'And'Roses to some black metal stuff... But one day one of these friends brought a Blind Guardian cd to my home, and after few listens they became my favorite band.

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 22 2011, 04:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes, I brought an old thread back...but I was searching and came across this. smile.gif

Demon Hunter is what got me into metal.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2011, 05:47 AM
Instructor
Good topic! I'm not sure if I already participated on this one but these are some of the first metal bands that I've heard:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:37 AM