24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Apr 22 2020, 07:39 AM
GMC:er
NEO CLASSICAL INSANITY!! Yet despite the tricky bits, you are spot on per usual. Let's Debrief!!!

MEDALS OF HONOR Those first three licks are Neo Classical Pedal Point licks. You have done plenty of these types of licks and these are no problem for you at all. Nicely done. I'd like to see you add these types of licks in to your solo work!

TAPPING PART FIVE Five Note Tapping is not for the feint of heart. It requires hammer ons and pull offs on far more fingers than the standard EVH approach. Some folks never quite get it. I've seen you do it several times with no problems. NICE!!!

COMPLEXITY That last lick has a bit of everything. It really requires reach, precision, pinky power, synch, etc. You got all of it and NAILED IT!!!!

In short yet another impressive kill!!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well Fought Yet again Soldier!! You are Knocking on Heavens Door!!!

Sarge

PEDAL POINT GOODNESS
QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 19 2020, 06:01 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 22 2020, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 24 2020, 07:43 PM
Well Fought Soldier! You are in the deep end of the pool to be sure. You are also knocking on Heaven's Door as we approach the magical 200 mark! Let's dig in and see what we got.

LET'S DEBRIEF!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

NEO CLASSICAL PROGRESS: The first two licks are neoclassical bits and they are both really similar. It's easy to get them confused. The first lick can be very confusing all by itself. It's NOT a natural pattern that the hand wants to play. Tongue twister licks are great for getting your hand to obey your mind!

DREADED PINKY SLIDE:
The much dreaded pinky slide is something folks struggle with a lot. The pinky does not always want to behave. It's the weakest finger and sometimes doesn't want to be the lead finger and do the sliding that is often done with the first finger. Instead of using the first finger to slide down, we are using the pinky to slide up. You can slide up or down with pinky or first finger once you get them trained. Nice!

OPEN STRING HERE AGAIN: You have gotten really good at open string licks. No extra string noise, using the pinky, hand synch, it's all there!

**YOU REMAIN OUR TOP DAWG!****

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well Fought Soldier!!

ONWARD!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 22 2020, 04:30 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 24 2020, 07:43 PM

+Quote Post
Adam
Apr 25 2020, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie

This post has been edited by Adam: Apr 25 2020, 10:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 25 2020, 11:40 PM
MISSION 198 DEBRIEF

Very close to the never before done MISSION 200. You are still on a ROLL SOLDIER!! Let's dig in and Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

INVERSION OF DEATH
You have gotten really good at doing scale inversions. The second lick is all about the inversion and you nailed it. It's a tricky thing to play but you have it sorted. NICE!

ECON PICKING OF DOOM
You nail the Economy Picking riff as well. It's about as far away from the previous lick as one could get but you don't miss a beat. Jump right in and nail it. SCORE!

PINKY SLIDE FUN Another fun lick with the Pinky Slide. Leading up the neck with a sliding pinky is tricky and you are making it look easy. DOUBLE SCORE!!!

This is the deep end of the pool and you are making it look like the kiddie pool! No problems at all. Very nice. Impressive work Soldier!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!

You remain our TOP DAWG!!!!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Well fought!
Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Apr 25 2020, 04:56 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 25 2020, 11:41 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 29 2020, 12:28 AM
199 DEBRIEF!!!

You are indeed knocking on Heavens Door Soldier!! One Mission away from the much vaunted MISSION 200 which has never been achieved in 10 years of BOOTCAMP. It means a new milestone and a new badge that has never been seen before either. For now, let's look at MISSION 199!

BACK AND FORTH:
I added the Paul Gilbert style "Back and Forth" Licks in here to see how far you have come since first seeing it. I am impressed with it Soldier!! you have kept your precision and now are playing with a great deal more speed.

PINKY POWER: In addition to the back and forth, I threw in a big pinky reach where you have to stick the landing over and over and you don't miss a beat!

PEDAL POINT: Just to make it even tricker, I added PEDAL POINT bits on top of the other bits. This is a stack of techniques to pull off and you don't even break a sweat!!

You clearly are ready to take the next step Soldier. Well Fought!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 30 2020, 05:30 AM
MISSION 200 DEBRIEF!!

Soldier this is a true milestone. Nobody has ever crossed this threshold until you. I must say how impressed I am to see your level of sheer determination. You have powered through these Missions with verve and gusto. It's been a thing of beauty to watch. You have made significant gains in your playing along the way. Your reach, precision, ability to play very long and complex bits, sense of timing and overall musicianship have come a long long way since the very first mission.

You were the first ever to hit 100, and now the first ever to hit 200. You did it with style and grace. Your technique here is spot on and your fingers are in synch. Your pinky is not afraid of anything I throw at it and your hands are all over the board without flinching. Well played Soldier. I want to congratulate you and present you with the first ever LEVEL 200 Badge!

Congratulations Soldier! You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 30 2020, 05:38 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
May 2 2020, 09:33 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 30 2020, 06:24 AM) *
Nice Job on the Mech Build! I loved Metal Gear solid 5. It was one of my faves games ever. I loved the mechs and thought the story was cool tool i remember fighting some of the really big mechs and it seems hopeless, but persistence pays off as it all things smile.gif I built out my military base til it was just crazy huge. Killer game!

I got MGV, both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain AND MGR Revengance on a pretty good sale at Steam but I didn't have the time to finish MGS1, so it will be a while before I get there. But at least I now have them waiting, ready to play! I'm also working hard to cosplay as Naked Snake/Venom Snake next year. THat's a lot of weight to lose, muscle to build but also I need to recreate Vietnam era equipment with little reference. I'm not sure if I can get any of the 3 things done but that's some goal to keep me busy, away from depression.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 10 2020, 10:25 AM) *
I'd LOVE to contribute some guitar bits to your Video Game work!! I love to collaborate on music projects. I'm all in when it comes to making music for games. Sounds like fun!!!

Also looking forward to hearing new music from you!! I'm sure you will get a bass along the way. Surely this crazy virus can't last forever. Once it's over I look forward to the world getting back to something like normal. I'm about done with all this insanity.

I think you will really dig the Metal Gear bundle of games!! I gotta say, PHANTOM PAIN is just awesome. It's flat out amazing. One of the best I've ever played. Loved every single minute of it. You are in for a treat!!!

BTW Yup! Vice City is a lot like a place in Florida called MIAMI and surrounding areas. If you watch Miami Vice, it's that same vibe. That was decades ago and the strip with bars is still there. The more things change the more they stay the same. There are also some cool theme parks in Florida, Disney, Universal, etc. in Orlando. If you ever get the chance, it's worth a visit!!

I have a bunch of tracks, around 200 of them, to choose from. It will take a while to decide which ones we'll be using but they are all copyright-free. I will keep you updated on this. Given the amount of things on my head right now, we'll be lucky if the game gets finished this year.

I heard from my MGS friends that every Metal Gear game shapes one's personality but does so by breaking one mentally and emotionally. Still, I should finish the series this year, maybe this summer if I can afford to quit one of my jobs but given the economy, I don't think I will.

I'd love to visit Miami and Dallas one day. I have a gamer friend in Dallas I'd like to meet someday but it's difficult as is and now there's the virus thing.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2020, 05:30 AM) *
SIDE NOTE: Do you have an instagram account? Is it blocked in your country? If you have one or can make one, please do so and shoot me the link!! Share it in this thread if you can. I'd love to follow you in gram!! I'd say put each and every one of these vids on gram to see if you can reach a wiser audience. Please do shoot me the link!!!

Here is me on instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/techniqueswithtodd/

I don't use any social media. I quit Facebook, tried Twitter but I'm not the type to use it regularly, even for our game's profile. Got betrayed by my DeviantArt friend and I don't have anything to post on Instagram, Soundcloud or even Youtube, besides the Bootcamp.

I should have replied much earlier but I barely had the energy to just post the videos.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 3 2020, 01:59 AM
You have a lot of cool game time ahead of you for sure! I still remember PHANTOM PAIN as one of my favorite games ever. The story does grow and evolve in METAL GEAR and it does get a bit dark at times. It's still a very fun series. Great music, great story, graphics, etc. You are in for a great time!

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate to keep you busy! This is a good thing IMHO. It's always good to have something to look forward to that you want to do! Now that I'm in Florida I'd like to go see the theme parks again like UNIVERSAL STUDIOS and such but with the virus everything is closed. Stay safe!

QUOTE (Adam @ May 2 2020, 04:33 PM) *
I got MGV, both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain AND MGR Revengance on a pretty good sale at Steam but I didn't

I should have replied much earlier but I barely had the energy to just post the videos.

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2020 - 07:53 PM