Fret2fret A Scam?
AudunESP
Sep 11 2007, 12:02 AM
GMC:er
In the metronome online site i saw a really interesting add by google ; "play guitar in 60 minutes" -" learn this revolusionary technique. Start playing within the next hour".
I dropped in to the sites, and they nearly promise you to memorize the whole fretboard within 60 minutes.
anyone who have any thoughts?

fret2fret dot com

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Pavel
Sep 11 2007, 12:17 AM
Instructor
I saw it. Not worth spending money and time.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 11 2007, 12:34 AM
*SomeonesaySCAMCOUGHCOUGH*

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 11 2007, 12:49 AM
Get to da Chopper!
They basically teach you all the notes on the fretboard- by using a really childish story involving several actors huh.gif that is waaaaaaay too long to remember. They then pass off that with this ultimate knowledge you can play better than anyone in the entire world.

Sadly, i am not joking...

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 11 2007, 01:05 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Sep 10 2007, 11:34 PM) *
*SomeonesaySCAMCOUGHCOUGH*

Scam indeed.

I saw some add that said "Play like a pro in 60 minutes". Pisses me off, all those adds you see, at for instance www.all-guitar-chords.com, is all just crappy scam. Well, except GMC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Sep 11 2007, 01:13 AM
I actually paid for it - BEFORE discovering GMC, that is. Not worth the money.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 11 2007, 01:25 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 10 2007, 08:05 PM) *
Scam indeed.

I saw some add that said "Play like a pro in 60 minutes". Pisses me off, all those adds you see, at for instance www.all-guitar-chords.com, is all just crappy scam. Well, except GMC biggrin.gif

Yea, at least GMC says "practice practice practice" .... all the time! The thing I liked best though was Kris saying anyone can do it with work - I think that is a far more honest message than I have seen anywhere else.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 11 2007, 01:32 AM
Yes
Any technique or method stating you can learn to play guitar or memorize the fretboard in 60 minutes is a false waste of time. tongue.gif As for just about anything in life ,if it sounds to good to be true it most likley is.

If your wanting a fun way to memorize the fretboard in 60 minutes laugh.gif Try this out as its free and kinda fun to do.Go to google and type fret warrior and it will bring up the info to download this free tool to learn the notes on the neck. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
NightFlight
Sep 11 2007, 01:55 AM
Yep, saw that Fret2Fret thing the other day and was LMFAO reading through that that bullcrap scam. The funny thing about it is that the big guarantee is that you "memorize" every note on the fretboard. Well, that's all fine and good -- kind of like learning the alphabet. HOWEVER, knowing which notes go with which scale, recognizing these notes on a staff, time signatures, key signatures, and all the theory that surrounds musical notation doesn't come with knowing that 5th sting, 5th fret is a D.

Besides these obvious things, mere memorization of position/fingering of notes on an instrument certainly does NOT make anyone a proficient player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem <---- Fret 2 Fret Theory Model laugh.gif

I guess we could all get lucky. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by NightFlight: Sep 11 2007, 04:18 AM

--------------------
"Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately, it kills all it's students."

My Toys
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 Lead Series
Boss GT-6 Processor
...and other stuff. :-)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 11 2007, 02:09 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 11 2007, 02:25 AM) *
Yea, at least GMC says "practice practice practice" .... all the time! The thing I liked best though was Kris saying anyone can do it with work - I think that is a far more honest message than I have seen anywhere else.

That's because it's true! biggrin.gif

The opposite is also true - nobody can do it without work...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Sep 11 2007, 02:30 AM
Frankly, I'm still waiting for that magic pill. They can give you a pill to sterilize and one to fertilize, one to keep you awake and one to put you to sleep, etc...so where is the one to make you an instant guitar guru?

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Sep 11 2007, 02:40 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
I actually get quite angry at the people who make such 'ideas' as it lures the person into a false sense of achievement and achievable goals.

There is no way one can become great at guitar without hard work like Kris said. Some may be more gifted than others, but you are not born with instant knowledge of Western Theory and its application or reading notation and thus have to learn it which requires work.

Put the effort in and practice and more importantly practice honestly and things are guaranteed to pay off.

Rant over. biggrin.gif

-Ben

This post has been edited by benhowell: Sep 11 2007, 02:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 11 2007, 02:44 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Sep 10 2007, 09:30 PM) *
Frankly, I'm still waiting for that magic pill. They can give you a pill to sterilize and one to fertilize, one to keep you awake and one to put you to sleep, etc...so where is the one to make you an instant guitar guru?

Vai, Satriani, Cooley and friends have them all sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
1mpr1m1s
Sep 11 2007, 02:47 AM
Yes I have seen that site and thanx to post on GMC i will never go there again. I have checked around and was a member of Jam Play which is not worth the money either I canceled my subscription there. And am devoted to GMC if you want to play folk music and Jazz and a little rock as rythem no solo lessons not saying anything wrong with it thats fine. But for the best instructors by far for the kind of playing I want to do is right here. They have some Rock song lessons but no tabs ,and I would message them and say hey that is not a complete lesson I would even tell them GMC has tabs on all lessons that you can print with ease. Their instructors teaching is is really sloppy its like they dont have the stuff they are trying to teach down themselfs .They have one song master of puppets lesson the only really metal song and its not solo its just a few riffs no tabs. and I play it tighter than the instructor and I just learned it from the tabs on ultimate guitar and I was like damn I like the way I play it better and I am a beginer. Bottom line for me is I checked out a few sites even payed the price for Jam play which is twice as much as GMC and have 100% come to the inclusion that GMC is were I want to be Kris method and his philosaphy is right on target with what I feel will make me the best I can Be.And guys like Kris and Pavel kick butt and to play like the best you have to learn from the best thats why I am at GMC I will be renewing my membership here for sure. I am here to learn how to play solo guitar and GMC gives me the best chance to achieve my goals . Thanx Kris
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Sep 10 2007, 06:09 PM) *
That's because it's true! biggrin.gif

The opposite is also true - nobody can do it without work...

This post has been edited by 1mpr1m1s: Sep 11 2007, 02:47 AM

--------------------
My Gear

Guitars: Ibanez Prestige RGR1570 , Epiphone 1966 G-400
Amplifiers: Spider III 75W

Pedals: RP250

Wish list : Better pedal set up. & ESP EC1000

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2007, 03:17 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont trust these sites, id rather eat dirt.

I like the approach used for GMC, Through Hard Work you can do it, and i think that is compeltly true, in order to be good at any instrument, you must practice, and work as hard as possible.

This is why GMC Is better than pretty much every site on the internet.

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 11 2007, 03:23 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 11 2007, 02:17 AM) *
This is why GMC Is better than pretty much every site on the internet.

Indeed. No lies...

+Quote Post
Anomaly
Sep 11 2007, 03:45 AM
I heard of this nice way how to memorize notes on the fretboard. I hope it's not copy-righted or anything..

Anyway, it helps if you first memorize and then play every A note on your guitar, then every C note (I started with A and C because I already know an A and a C scale) etc. I found this a lot easier than learning notes on a string and then go and learn notes on the next string.
Basically I'm saying if you want to know where every note is, them memorize and practise. smile.gif

And use a metronome of course. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 11 2007, 03:50 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nothing really worth having comes easy.

Sadly though most peole want it easy - you only have to watch X Factor/American Idol et al rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 11 2007, 03:56 AM
nothing is better than GMC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 11 2007, 04:08 AM
Only one thing you can learn to do in 60 minutes or less and It's not learn to play the guitar, lol.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:27 PM