Rise Of The Lycans, First draft
OzRob
Mar 3 2010, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
I'm slowly pulling all the bits of this song together. A lot of work to do before it's done - especially in transitions - but I wanted to get this first draft finished before I go away; so it's another project I can come back to with fresh ears in a week's time. blink.gif

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songI...;songID=8835844

Oops...has a new working title "Rise of the Drop Bears" - there's a story behind that. Some other time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OzRob: Mar 3 2010, 11:30 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
del-4fr53e3
Mar 7 2010, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sounding cool! Looking forward to hear it in a more proper mix biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 8 2010, 01:37 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Sounds pretty cool, I sense a lot of Andy LaRoque in your playing, might you be a fan?

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 13 2010, 05:51 PM
Instructor
wow, nice playing!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 14 2010, 07:59 AM
Draft #2

Thanks Daniel, glad you liked it. But I think I've changed it a lot. huh.gif

OK...so here's the next draft. There are places where it's a wall of sound - but maybe not in a good way. Think I need to drop out a few sounds to reduce that wall.

There are some intentional things that may sound odd. The opening and closing bass lines are supposed to be a bit off and dissonant. And there are 34 tracks in this song! It's the most complex sound-on-sound arrangement I've ever tried. I don't quite have it perfect yet but nearly there.

Also, sounds best through headphones. Prepare to be assaulted. smile.gif

@ Uncreator - I can't say I know Andy LaRoque. In terms of influence for me, it's primarily Satriani and Yngwie plus some bands like Rammstein and Draconian and a dash of Mark Knopfler. But I'm really just forging my own path.

This post has been edited by OzRob: Mar 14 2010, 10:00 AM

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Mar 14 2010, 08:09 AM
That is pretty awesome, got some really good parts! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 14 2010, 01:05 PM
Jazz Instructor
Sounds very good! smile.gif

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 17 2010, 06:19 AM
There's a smaller file size version ( = crappy quality ) available here rather than downloading the one above.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songI...;songID=8893342

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 17 2010, 08:34 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Very cool song, I like it!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
OzRob
Mar 20 2010, 10:11 AM
So as a learning experience I grabbed a few H.R.Giger pictures and set them to this song. I've never made a video before, and I guess this doesn't really count because it's not actually video (stills only) but it's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guB3UjRNcaI

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 08:21 AM