5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Kristofer Dahl Jams With You!
Phil66
Aug 11 2019, 07:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That's great Kris, how about posting the video from YouTude with the student footage too wink.gif

Thank you for giving us the chance to jam with you buddy smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 11 2019, 10:38 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 11 2019, 08:40 PM) *
That's great Kris, how about posting the video from YouTude with the student footage

Hi mate, not sure what you mean - this one has the student footage?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 12 2019, 06:29 AM
Hello buddy,

That video just shows you, we can hear the students playing but while they're playing we see you fiddling with you guitar while you wait to play, I think this is the one you put on Facebook, the other one on YouTube show the video footage of the students.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 12 2019, 02:13 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 12 2019, 07:21 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Kris

Thank you for response, it's beautifull

Can you change my audio track for wet track.
I uploaded 2 track with a wrong name, I correct it

Part 1 Guitar Wet : https://ahp.li/3987d9d957dc3d7e8ea2.wav

Part 2 Guitar Wet : https://ahp.li/4449199e2f174af00f25.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 07:26 AM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 12 2019, 07:35 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 12 2019, 07:29 AM) *
Hello buddy,

That video just shows you, we can hear the students playing but while they're playing we see you riding with you guitar while you wait to play, I think this is the one you put on Facebook, the other one on YouTube show the video footage of the students.

Cheers

Ouchie, that's what happens when you upload in a hurry 😩 Thanks a million for letting me know. Let's try it one more time - here are all my responses to Leo, Phil, MisterM, Rids & Onetabmat:

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 12 2019, 08:21 AM) *
Hi Kris

I accidentally uploaded the raw file with wrong audio 😅 - all should be good now!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 12 2019, 07:53 AM
Veteran Tone Master
No Kris it's me - I uploaded with bad name. I corrected it on 1rst post
The track is again "dry" sad.gif
Can you mix with wet track

Beautifull video wub.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 07:55 AM

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Aug 12 2019, 02:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 12 2019, 06:35 AM) *
Ouchie, that's what happens when you upload in a hurry 😩 Thanks a million for letting me know. Let's try it one more - here are all my responses to Leo, Phil, MisterM, Rids & Onetabmat:

I accidentally uploaded the raw file with wrong audio 😅 - all should be good now!

Hi Kris,

Thank you for your awesome video and the time you put to answer to every video we uploaded. Is great to see my face for the first time on a GMC video smile.gif

However, -and you know this is the first time I record my guitar using a software-, I was expecting somehow to hear the audio files I uploaded, named "leo_Backing 1_only guitar w fx and leo_Backing 2_only guitar w fx", I guess that's the same thing MisterM calls "wet" audio. Maybe is my mistake, probably I used way too distortion and that's why you used the two "dry" files (named "Only guitar no fx").

The thing with those 2 -dry- files is that I turned off every single effect and it was difficult for me to identify my mistakes, and now that you mixed and uploaded the video I feel that some notes doesn't sound good and specially the bendings sound kinda out of tune. I hope I'm being clear with my point, you know I'm here to learn.

Thanks!

Angel.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 12 2019, 06:53 AM) *
No Kris it's me - I uploaded with bad name. I corrected it on 1rst post
The track is again "dry" sad.gif
Can you mix with wet track

Beautifull video wub.gif

Hi MisterM,

I don't have experience with recordings and I wanted to ask you: could you please explain me what does "wet" and "dry" audio means? What's the difference between the 2 of them? Do you have to record 2 different audios or you record just once and when rendering or exporting the audio you kind of unable or disable the effects? Hope I'm being clear.

Thanks!

Angel.

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 12 2019, 03:03 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hello Léo

Wet : 1 track with preset
Dry : 1 track without preset
It's just an export issue without modulation amp

I do this so that the instructors modify the track if they wish.
If you record with amp+cab you can't upload "Dry track"

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 03:05 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 12 2019, 06:37 PM
GMC Founder
@ Leo -

Thanks for asking - I agree a clarification is in place:

The file I need from you should include your amp sound, but no reverb / delay. This is the "dry" file.

However if you send me the unprocessed direct signal (without even the amp sim) - I will need to use amp sim on my end. And this could end up sounding very different than what you had in mind.

There is no need to resend me any files now, but it's a good rule to remember for coming takes/collabs.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Aug 12 2019, 08:21 AM) *
Hi Kris

I can insert this in coming mixes. However best results would probably be if your dry files had your amp tone but without any reverb/delay, I would then use these.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 10 2019, 07:51 AM) *
I don't know if this is still open or if I have the kind of restraint needed to play something like this smile.gif But what the heck! Sound fun smile.gif

Todd

Definitely go for it Todd! 👍

--------------------

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 12 2019, 06:51 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Ok Kris,

I will upload wet track without delay

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 06:51 PM

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 12 2019, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 12 2019, 05:37 PM) *
The file I need from you should include your amp sound, but no reverb / delay. This is the "dry" file.

Thanks Kris.

My "dry" takes were unprocessed also. So thanks for the clarification and thanks Leo for asking!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Aug 12 2019, 07:24 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Sorry Kris,
I hope this does not bother you

No delay no reverb Part 1 : https://ahp.li/f5903d810960a733b153.wav

No delay No reverb Part 2 : https://ahp.li/df09ff591b5251a11f8c.wav

This post has been edited by MisterM: Aug 12 2019, 07:24 PM

+Quote Post
Rids
Aug 12 2019, 07:56 PM
So here are my true dry takes.

I understand now what bothered me about my tone in the video.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Solo_1_dry.wav ( 5.79MB ) Number of downloads: 76
Attached File  Solo_2_dry.wav ( 5.79MB ) Number of downloads: 69

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 12 2019, 08:13 PM
I had reverb and delay in my takes, sorry Kris. I've always sent wet tracks to collabs and when I remember I send the dry track too.

I'll remember in future.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 12 2019, 10:53 PM
GMC Founder
Great MisterM & Rids, these are the files that will give best results while still retaining the main feel of the tone you dialed in.

In some special cases - ie in the case of a very elaborate delay setting - it can be relevant to keep the wet signal. For pro results in this case it is always better to export the wet signal alone on a separate track. However this is too ambitious for our collabs - where it's also important to retain a good work flow in order not to loose momentum/inspiration.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Aug 13 2019, 03:29 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 12 2019, 05:37 PM) *
@ Leo -

Thanks for asking - I agree a clarification is in place:

However if you send me the unprocessed direct signal (without even the amp sim) - I will need to use amp sim on my end. And this could end up sounding very different than what you had in mind.

There is no need to resend me any files now, but it's a good rule to remember for coming takes/collabs.

I can insert this in coming mixes. However best results would probably be if your dry files had your amp tone but without any reverb/delay, I would then use these.

Definitely go for it Todd! 👍

Thanks everyone for your answers. I want to double check I got it clear laugh.gif

Attached Image

For instance, if I have this set of pedals and I need to send you a "dry" file, can I turn on every single pedal (compressor, distortion/overdrive, noise gate, equalizer, chorus/flanger/phaser), plus the amp/cabinet (that's the one on the top of the image, right?), everything except by the delay and reverb? Or a "dry" file should only have the amp/cabinet turned on, and all other pedal/effect should be turned off?

Sorry for being so insistent, just want to do the things in the right way in the future.

Thanks!!

Angel.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 14 2019, 07:13 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 13 2019, 04:29 AM) *
Thanks everyone for your answers. I want to double check I got it clear laugh.gif

Attached Image

For instance, if I have this set of pedals and I need to send you a "dry" file, can I turn on every single pedal (compressor, distortion/overdrive, noise gate, equalizer, chorus/flanger/phaser), plus the amp/cabinet (that's the one on the top of the image, right?), everything except by the delay and reverb? Or a "dry" file should only have the amp/cabinet turned on, and all other pedal/effect should be turned off?

Sorry for being so insistent, just want to do the things in the right way in the future.

Thanks!!

Angel.

This is correct, you only need to disable delay and reverb.

Explanation:
If you do leave delay and reverb turned on - it will sound like everybody is playing in different spaces rooms/and it won't really sound like a jam. When disabled, I can add the same reverb and delay to everybody - and it will sound more like we are actually playing together.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LEO89PRIEST
Aug 15 2019, 09:06 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 14 2019, 06:13 PM) *
This is correct, you only need to disable delay and reverb.

Explanation:
If you do leave delay and reverb turned on - it will sound like everybody is playing in different spaces rooms/and it won't really sound like a jam. When disabled, I can add the same reverb and delay to everybody - and it will sound more like we are actually playing together.

Hi Kris,

It totally makes sense now. Thank you for taking the time to answer! I want to ask you if I can upload a new file correcting what I did wrong before (but it implies you need to change the audio I originally sent you mellow.gif ), or if I can participate with another solo for this same jam (leave the one that is already mixed in the video and add another one).

Thanks!

Angel.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 15 2019, 09:18 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (LEO89PRIEST @ Aug 15 2019, 10:06 PM) *
Hi Kris,

It totally makes sense now. Thank you for taking the time to answer! I want to ask you if I can upload a new file correcting what I did wrong before (but it implies you need to change the audio I originally sent you mellow.gif ), or if I can participate with another solo for this same jam (leave the one that is already mixed in the video and add another one).

Thanks!

Angel.

No problem mate, either one is fine 👍

Anymore takes anybody?! 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 15 2019, 09:32 PM
I might try a third pair at the weekend buddy. I'll see what inspiration hits me wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:52 AM