5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
New Gmc Design, Have a sneak peek!
twist
Aug 11 2009, 12:31 PM
GMC:er
Its so rounded everywhere smile.gif I like it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
rivers just happen

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Aug 13 2009, 04:25 PM
I like it's look, although as I 've only been here 6/7 months or so I haven't got bored of the current look just yet!!! tongue.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 17 2009, 09:29 PM
Learning Roadie
I'd like to make a few requests about the bookmarks section of the site. It would be really cool if eventually we could move the folders around and reorganize them. Also it would be nice to be able to organize lessons (within folders) by difficulty or instructor, or just alphabetically. Lastly, I noticed that when I was trying to edit the name of a folder while watching a lesson, some of the letters triggered functions like the metronome, which of course is a nice feature, but it shouldn't do that when you're typing.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 17 2009, 09:32 PM
Lets go fishing!

Looks nice and clean, very good!

The only thing im not keen on is the luminous yellow smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Aug 18 2009, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 17 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I'd like to make a few requests about the bookmarks section of the site.

I'd recommend http://www.xmarks.com/ as an alternative. It syncs your bookmarks on every computer you use. Bookmark a new lesson at work and it will be on your computer when you get home.

I've got a GMC Lessons folder in bookmarks and then a sub folder for bass lessons and I put the difficulty beside each lesson.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 18 2009, 02:02 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 17 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Lastly, I noticed that when I was trying to edit the name of a folder while watching a lesson, some of the letters triggered functions like the metronome, which of course is a nice feature, but it shouldn't do that when you're typing.

Definitely not - well spotted, reporting it right away.

Also, I agree that even more control over bookmarks would be great to have in the future.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Sep 2 2009, 01:40 AM
As I am but a noob here I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post my observations about the user interface experience in general? Since it seems there is change in the air, now is probably as good a time as any to do so.

The only suggestion I would make is in the video player itself. It isn't an earth shattering thing and I may well be the only one who even considers it a little irksome but here goes!

On the right we have the backing track list. Its title, if too long, is not visible. It doesn't scroll or allow you to resize to make it so. I may be stretching things a little by assuming it is a descriptive title and often contains things like bpm count etc. Since I am sure I am not the only one who flits back and forth between different lessons I am sure it will just make the experience just that little bit more comfortable by perhaps having the title scroll as it is being played - à la regular mp3 player?

That said. Keep up the good work! Apart from that little quibble I have been most impressed with the thought that has been put behind every facet of the design here to make it a most excellent ride and continues to get even better ...

I look forward to any and all improvements on the drawing board for the future.

BTW If you are looking for an alternate term for Wiki then how does "Repository" sit with you? That might be too big a word though, eh? wink.gif In light of that, a better suggestion could be that of "The Vault" .... Now I am getting carried away. Anywho.

Also too, I think the original banner font for 'GuitarMasterClass.net' is more striking than the proposed one in the sneak peak. All caps doesn't really pop as it does now already. Excuse me if I over step my bounds, dear sir.

[EDIT] >> Doh! Found the answer to my woes! Just click the arrow, young man. Click the arrow. Well I ain't a clicker. I am more of a click-and-drag kinda guy ...

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Sep 2 2009, 02:56 AM

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 20 2009, 06:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
any clue when this might get implanted? It looks so cool tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
CathShadow
Sep 20 2009, 06:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 20 2009, 07:14 PM) *

Hehe yeah I was wondering the same wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Sep 20 2009, 06:51 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 20 2009, 06:14 PM) *

1+

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 27 2009, 09:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Sep 20 2009, 07:14 PM) *

I hope we can live it during October..!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Sep 29 2009, 10:36 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
This new design looks absolutely cool, can't wait to see it go online smile.gif I also think some more control about bookmarks might be a good thing by the way.

PS: There is just one flaw in the new design, I am not sure if it is a good idea to put a "Slow Blues" Lesson in the "Latest in Metal guitar lessons" category wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
macseamus
Oct 12 2009, 11:51 PM
looking good! The green snot colour wouldn't be my taste, but whatever you're having yourself.. like a few people have said, maybe offer a choice of styles.

In terms of functionality, there's a good few things that come to mind, in general, you could probably make it more funky and easy to use with more ajaxy type things. like for example, bookmarking a lesson could be done without having to reload the whole page.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Oct 14 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Looks great Kris! I think the GMC logo should be more prominent though. It kind of gets lost in the shuffle with all that stuff going on!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Brandon Earman
Oct 15 2009, 12:35 AM
Learning Roadie
I like it. It's got attitude, it's clean, and the layout seems easy to navigate through. Bring it on!

This post has been edited by earman: Oct 15 2009, 12:35 AM

--------------------
"That's alright I still got my guitar, look out now!" -Hendrix

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Nov 4 2009, 02:46 AM
Instructor
just seeing this, it looks great, i think the site really needs a new design right now, and this one looks like a winner smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 15 2009, 09:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Any news on when it's going to be implemented? I can't wait tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 15 2009, 10:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 15 2009, 08:44 PM) *
Any news on when it's going to be implemented? I can't wait tongue.gif

Was just going to ask the same smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 15 2009, 11:22 PM
GMC Founder
Well I dare not give any more estimations since my last one was wrong - but I can inform you on the status.

* We are running two servers in parallel, the new (and more powerful) one has the new site version and is currently being tested and worked on. Having two servers is expensive so this yet a reason why we want this to be done as soon as possible.

* This has turned out to be much more than just a site re-design, we have changed a lot of the underlying scripts/systems. This will hopefully make future GMC development quicker and less painful.

I am quite nervous about how this will turn out as it is the biggest change we have ever done to GMC (on a short-term, users will only notice the difference in design though).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 16 2009, 12:27 AM
Instructor
Wow, now I'm pretty excited to see how this will look! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:05 AM