2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I Need A New Audio Card!, budget -99 eur
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 02:15 PM
GMC:er
Okay, i;ll make it simple.

I'm running WIndows 7 platform, and i desperately need a new ,external audio card with which i'll work in Cubase 5.
By budget's not big 50 - 99 eur for the 2nd hand card, and for that price i found out these cards.

As far as i've read about, digidesign mbox can only work with Pro Tools, and have problems with other programmes, like cubase? Can somebody approve or dissaprove this ?

I will record mainly guitar, and eventually bass. Maybe some vocals.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 5 2013, 02:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Slav, I'm using the M-Audio FastTrack Pro with Cubase5 and it works like a charm smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 02:57 PM
On Windows 7? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 5 2013, 03:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Jepp, W7 Pro 64bit

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 5 2013, 03:32 PM
My friend uses M Audio Fast Track Pro with Reaper, works without any hitch smile.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 5 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Jepp, W7 Pro 64bit

Thanks . i think Fast track pro should also work good for connecting laptop with my Vintage Audio amplifier via those stereo line outs!

As far as i've read from many forum' reviews, Mbox mini has better sound reproduction, but Fast Track has more options unsure.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 05:18 PM
I use a PreSonus 2X2 USB in Win 7 and it works fine. No issues, now my playing could use some work, but the hardware is fine. smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 5 2013, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Thanks . i think Fast track pro should also work good for connecting laptop with my Vintage Audio amplifier via those stereo line outs!

As far as i've read from many forum' reviews, Mbox mini has better sound reproduction, but Fast Track has more options unsure.gif

Nah, everyone I've talked to (the people who've used either or both products) say that sound reproduction is the same more or less, no noticeable difference.

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 5 2013, 04:18 PM) *
I use a PreSonus 2X2 USB in Win 7 and it works fine. No issues, now my playing could use some work, but the hardware is fine. smile.gif

If your playing could use some work... I'm hopeless blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 05:40 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 5 2013, 11:22 AM) *
Nah, everyone I've talked to (the people who've used either or both products) say that sound reproduction is the same more or less, no noticeable difference.

I doubt that sir... you had a good take on the last collab.... plus you younger fellas will pick up the learnin easier, now me on the other hand... I've already gotten to set in my bad habbit ways from trying to teach myself how to play from too long ago. These old habbits are hard to break... and maybe even hear?? I apparently can't seem to bend to pitch, but I can break strings with the best of em! LOL!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 05:52 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 5 2013, 05:22 PM) *

Offcourse u're hopeless now, but this Marc's playing for 40 years now rolleyes.gif

Thanks for suggestions btw. but this Presonus card doesn't have line out for chinch cables which i use to connect on my Vintage Audio amp!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Feb 5 2013, 05:55 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 11:52 AM) *
Offcourse u're hopeless now, but this Marc's playing for 40 years now rolleyes.gif

Thanks for suggestions btw. but this Presonus card doesn't have line out for chinch cables which i use to connect on my Vintage Audio amp!

mad.gif Thanks Slavenko, you making old jokes now? Not 40 years d@mm1t 39!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 5 2013, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Feb 5 2013, 04:40 PM) *
I doubt that sir... you had a good take on the last collab.... plus you younger fellas will pick up the learnin easier, now me on the other hand... I've already gotten to set in my bad habbit ways from trying to teach myself how to play from too long ago. These old habbits are hard to break... and maybe even hear?? I apparently can't seem to bend to pitch, but I can break strings with the best of em! LOL!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 04:52 PM) *

I don't know much about hardware or soundcards for that matter, but yeah, I don't think most soundcards have line outs for cinch cables, and they're stereo so you can't use adapters in front of them to connect to your PC.

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Feb 5 2013, 06:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 06:12 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Feb 5 2013, 05:58 PM) *
laugh.gif

I don't know much about hardware or soundcards for that matter, but yeah, I don't think most soundcards have line outs for cinch cables, and they're stereo so you can't use adapters in front of them to connect to your PC.

I want to play music from my Laptop on my Amp via this card... and to be able to do this i need a chinch LINE OUT, which FAST TRACK HAS two mono LINE OUTS ( R+L) cool.gif

But, i'm not sure will it allow me to play guitar and listen to music at same time, because of ASio drivers??

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Feb 5 2013, 06:15 PM

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Feb 5 2013, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 05:12 PM) *
I want to play music from my Laptop on my Amp via this card... and to be able to do this i need a chinch LINE OUT, which FAST TRACK HAS two mono LINE OUTS ( R+L) cool.gif

But, i'm not sure will it allow me to play guitar and listen to music at same time, because of ASio drivers??

Oh right, we were talking about the audio interface, I thought we were talking about standard soundcards (internal ones) tongue.gif Yeah those have cinch line outs

And no, ASIO doesn't allow multitasking, I've tried it, at least it didn't work for me. That's how it reduces latency, by only providing usage rights to one application at a time (I think, though I'm new to this) smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 5 2013, 07:04 PM
Learning Roadie
>to play guitar and listen to music at same time
Use DAW. Just drag'n'drop audio files.

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 5 2013, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 5 2013, 07:04 PM) *
>to play guitar and listen to music at same time
Use DAW. Just drag'n'drop audio files.

oh thanks, and tell me how to drag'n' drop Youtube video into Daw? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 5 2013, 07:20 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 06:12 PM) *

That's no problem smile.gif
I'm using both: chinch line-out to my active speakers (which would be go to your amps inputs) and phone output.
The interface allows you to mix in-/outputs without doubt wink.gif
You can use all inputs simultaneously.. currently I'm using the spdif in's for recording with my boss gt-8 and the two hybrid-ports for mic/extra guitar.

M-Audio has dedicated win7 64bit drivers!

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Feb 5 2013, 07:15 PM) *
oh thanks, and tell me how to drag'n' drop Youtube video into Daw? smile.gif

You don't need to smile.gif
Just use your DAW to hear the guitar with effects or whatsoever and open a browser with your youtube video.. you'll hear both!

If you decide to get that M-Audio interface and run into trouble I'll surely be there to help out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Feb 6 2013, 10:00 AM
Vielen Dank für diesen Hinweisen Herr Mad!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 6 2013, 12:18 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Oh smile.gif Gern! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Feb 6 2013, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (mad @ Feb 5 2013, 07:20 PM) *
You don't need to smile.gif
Just use your DAW to hear the guitar with effects or whatsoever and open a browser with your youtube video.. you'll hear both!

If you decide to get that M-Audio interface and run into trouble I'll surely be there to help out smile.gif

Thats the problem I'm having at the moment...When I am using my DAW through ASIO4ALL to practice guitar...I have to open ASIO4all (control+p) to change the setting to Direct sound when I want to listen to a lesson...Then reverse the steps when I want to practice again...It seems pretty awkward...I'd like to be able to play along with lesson hearing my guitar as well as the lesson. All through headphones simultaneously.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:23 AM