About Techniques, What are the common mistakes?
seagull
Feb 10 2008, 07:29 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC. smile.gif

I came to think that it would be absolutely cool to have a sort of "F.A.Q" concerning the various techniques that the instructors cover in lessons. I remember in one of Pavel's alternate picking lessons, he said that it was common for players who were new to speedpicking to have tension in their hands and shoulders and that one should relax instead.
That helped me a bunch, and I was thinking that there are probably other people on GMC who just struggle with some technique because they are doing it the wrong way. So if the instructors (or equally qualified others) would write down, in a few words, what the common mistakes are concerning: Sweeping, Legato, Tapping etc. etc.
I know it would help me polish my techniques and get better results when I practice.

What do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Windwalker
Feb 11 2008, 12:44 AM
QUOTE (seagull @ Feb 10 2008, 07:29 PM) *
Hey GMC. smile.gif

I came to think that it would be absolutely cool to have a sort of "F.A.Q" concerning the various techniques that the instructors cover in lessons. I remember in one of Pavel's alternate picking lessons, he said that it was common for players who were new to speedpicking to have tension in their hands and shoulders and that one should relax instead.
That helped me a bunch, and I was thinking that there are probably other people on GMC who just struggle with some technique because they are doing it the wrong way. So if the instructors (or equally qualified others) would write down, in a few words, what the common mistakes are concerning: Sweeping, Legato, Tapping etc. etc.
I know it would help me polish my techniques and get better results when I practice.

What do you guys think?

Great I idea, I just had to ask exactly how you do a pull-off. I figured the amp and gain was turn up so that was it. No, the instructor told me you actually "pull' on the string on the lift off to get the next tone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
seagull
Feb 12 2008, 08:54 PM
No other opinions on this?

+Quote Post
Henkka
Feb 12 2008, 09:07 PM
I think this is the kind of stuff that should be in the Guitar Wiki.

+Quote Post
Melvyn
Feb 12 2008, 09:20 PM
This is the kind of stuff that is going into the guitar wiki, just theres not that many writers for it, so things are being left out

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2008, 10:08 PM
Instructor
There were some topics similar to this, but there are many different advices and approaches to be putted in one topic imho.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
seagull
Feb 13 2008, 12:26 AM
QUOTE (Henkka @ Feb 12 2008, 09:07 PM) *
I think this is the kind of stuff that should be in the Guitar Wiki.

I also thought of that, I just forgot to post it. smile.gif
But nevertheless, I think it would be a good idea to know what to have in mind, when you're approaching a new technique, so that you don't get bad habits you'll have to get rid of later on. Sort of a preclusion. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 14 2008, 12:03 AM
Instructor
There are lot's of things to mention, but there is however one most important thing - and that is to stay RELAXED and sit comfortably at all times smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:11 AM