Time To Remember!, Winding Roads
coffeeman
Mar 15 2010, 03:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey guys,

This is one of my favorite solos ever. For those who didn't know him , this is Marcus Lavendell from sweden and his awesome lesson Winding Roads. Check oy his other videos on youtube. It would be great to have him back doing lessons. Enjoy
Winding Roads-Marcus lavendell GMC lesson Link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Mar 15 2010, 07:48 PM
GMC:er
I agree. People tend to go overboard with flowing praise of about anything but in this case the praise is deserved. If not a brilliant composition, this comes darn close. Marcus has a different way (I think) of looking at things, more free form sometimes, so you have to approach this differently than with most compositions. On word of advise, from time 12 to 16 seconds was broken up into two sub sections lesson sections by Marcus. I feel those two sub sections should have been combined, 12 to 16 seconds is really one phrase that cannot be broken up coherently.

Frank

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fkalich: Mar 15 2010, 07:54 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 16 2010, 06:10 AM
Instructor
Marcus is awesome. This solo rocks!!!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Mar 16 2010, 02:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
I love this one as well smile.gif Great solo!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Mar 16 2010, 08:03 PM
Awesome technique and feeling combination, excellent solo!!

+Quote Post
Wabba
Mar 16 2010, 08:10 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
A beautiful solo! smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 16 2010, 10:32 PM
Lets go fishing!

Marcus is a true guitar hero, I liked it when him and muris played one anothers lessons, that was too cool for school ! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2010, 06:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I love Marcus's leads! They all tend to sound so big and epic its amazing how he does it! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Mar 17 2010, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie
If I were to name my guitar hero, it would be Mr. Lavendell. I know that Steve Vai has played more technical licks than those I've seen Lavendell play, but I don't care. To my ears, Mr. Lavendell is the best guitar player ever on this planet.

Marcus, you're my hero.

( in case some of you are wondering, no, I don't "swing" that way. biggrin.gif )

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 20 2010, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Marcus is seriously good. I really enjoyed this solo.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Mandos
Mar 20 2010, 07:55 PM
It would be awesome to get some new lessons from Marcus some day.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:39 AM