What is the hrdest song YOU can play
Mark Schiewe
Dec 23 2006, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
So the title basicly describes it, whats the hardest song YOU can play and how long have you been playing for. I have been playing for one and a half years and the hardest i can play right now is I'm alright by Neil Zaza smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark Schiewe: Dec 23 2006, 05:50 AM

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ThatGuy
Dec 23 2006, 11:32 AM
That song is fun to play, I've been playing a year and a half and the hardest song I can play is out of the ashes by Symphony X but just to tell all of you guys. I'm quickly straying from metal. I'm going indie rock for some reason : mellow.gif Well, I'll talk to you later people

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 23 2006, 12:29 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (ThatGuy @ Dec 23 2006, 01:32 PM) *
That song is fun to play, I've been playing a year and a half and the hardest song I can play is out of the ashes by Symphony X but just to tell all of you guys. I'm quickly straying from metal. I'm going indie rock for some reason : mellow.gif Well, I'll talk to you later people

This song "Green Robot" by my previous band Artifex - is one of the most tricky I have done - I could barely pull it off. Odd time signature etc. blink.gif smile.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  TheGreenRobot.mp3 ( 3.36MB ) Number of downloads: 296

--------------------

+Quote Post
Norven
Dec 24 2006, 10:46 AM
Kris! That song would be nice to be a lesson, Maybe just som parts.
I love it biggrin.gif

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Dec 24 2006, 12:10 PM
This is a very difficult question to answer in many ways.
When you are learning to play a song, its usually very difficult, and most give some problems and challenges.
But when you can play a song and you have been practicing it for ages - they become "relatively" easy and are no longer hard to play!!
It took me a long time to Learn Pink Floyds "another brick in the wall" and it also took a long time to learn to play what seems now ridiculously simple "Sweet home Alabama" but each has had different challenges to overcome.
I have found that the more I play, the less difficult other songs become. The challenge now is to find something "motivational", something that makes me still want to learn to play.
My Personal challenges now are to learn other things that will enhance my play such as playing with others or to collaborate with someone else to create a complete song with Drums, bass and guitars all together. I think that would be for me the hardest song to play !!! (and I dont even have a clue how to get started on it)

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
Mark Schiewe
Dec 24 2006, 03:37 PM
Fretdancer you always have the best answers

--------------------
Just remember, the last name is pronounced she-we

IPB Image My baby :)

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Dec 26 2006, 11:41 PM
You said it Fretdancer!
I suppose some of the finger picking I do would be very hard for a non finger picker, but they are not hard tunes.
Kris, you play faster than I can hear!
This song took me a couple weeks of practice, first figuring out the harmonized guitar part. I'm playing both parts at once, supposedly two guitars were used on the original. It took me two weeks to get it up to speed, which is still abot 10BPM slower than the orginal.
amatuer stuff:
http://hometown.aol.com/myammer/And_Your_Bird_Can_Sing.mp3

+Quote Post
bricktop
Dec 27 2006, 03:03 AM
hardest song I can play is the acoustic version of "Neon" by John Mayer, check it out on youtube sometime. It's in drop C, I can't improv as well during the solo but it's a passable version, hardest part of this song after figuring out the picking/thumb slap technique is getting it up to tempo, took me 3 weeks off an on to just get the verse section down. I've been playing 18 months...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzsEzD2fVwE
john

This post has been edited by bricktop: Dec 27 2006, 03:05 AM

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Jan 8 2007, 11:28 PM
Probably Far Beyond The Sun by Malmsteen, I've only memorised like 3/4ths of it though.

This post has been edited by VIRUS: Jan 8 2007, 11:28 PM

+Quote Post
raqroso
Jan 9 2007, 02:07 AM
I am sorely lacking in repoitoire.....

I'd say "Never Going Back Again" a fingerpick song from Fleetwood Mac Rumours is the hardest thing I can play... or "Over the Hills and Far Away by Zeppelin.... which seems to give some people trouble or maybe the Pride and Joy riff ...

Right now it is bringing even the most basic 1-3-5 5 string D shape Arpeggio up to speed for sweep picking - or anything Pentatonic even approaching what the guys around here are playing.... (I'm 70 bpm on sixteenth triplets sad.gif

+Quote Post
LoveJimboLove
Jan 9 2007, 02:16 AM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Dec 23 2006, 11:29 AM) *
This song "Green Robot" by my previous band Artifex - is one of the most tricky I have done - I could barely pull it off. Odd time signature etc. blink.gif smile.gif

Kris, that is a tune!! Excellent!

Did, you print any cd's with Artifex?

ON TOPIC - Mines probably Far Beyond The Sun: Yngwie Malmsteen which I am mainly just perfecting techniques...

or

Spit on Your Grave - Sinergy because I sweat alot on stage and have to really consentrate to keep the picking tempo and rythm in check whilst my hands get wetter and wetter and the pick starts to try and niggle outta my grip towards the end.

We normally finish with this song because my head goes numb after playing it blink.gif

This post has been edited by LoveJimboLove: Jan 9 2007, 02:38 AM

--------------------
www.myspace.com/idkillyouformyself

Guitars:
Jackson RR1 Snow w/ black pin stripes
-Duncan

Jackson KE2 Emerald Green
-Duncan

Jackson Soloist SL1 Lightning sky
-Duncan

ESP M-II Urban Camo
-EMG

Amps:

Practice
Marshall MS4 and Marshall AVTX 275

Gig
Marshall AVTX 112 412xA and 412xB

Pedals:
Marshall Guv'nor 2 and JH-1

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 10 2007, 08:25 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (LoveJimboLove @ Jan 9 2007, 04:16 AM) *
Kris, that is a tune!! Excellent!

Did, you print any cd's with Artifex?

Yes we did print a few - haven't got any physical cd:s left though smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
beebo
Jan 17 2007, 01:45 AM
PARADISE CITY from Guns n' Roses oh yea!

+Quote Post
Norven
Jan 20 2007, 09:31 PM
Midnight - Joe satriani.

Very cool song.

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
Why
Jan 21 2007, 09:28 AM
Brown Eyed Girl - That CDE chord progression is a bitch! tongue.gif

Just kidding, Hmm, Probably Sea of Lies by Symphony X, Boston Rain Melody by Vai or Under the influence by Rustey Cooley.

+Quote Post
Bobieo
Jan 21 2007, 10:48 PM
I can't say I'm finished yet, I'm done with about 80% of the song though and through.
Over the hills and far away-Led Zep. If anybody else can play this song, can you tell me if it is hard
or not. I don't think I know.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:04 PM