Looking For Some Tt Tips
Mandos
Nov 27 2010, 12:31 AM
GMC:er
It's my birthday today and I just got an amazing gift. A couple of my friends got me an Orange Tiny Terror!

Now I need to get my hands on a nice cab suitable for a flat and probably an attenuator or something so that I can play using my headphones. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 27 2010, 01:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow, congratulations! That is amazing!
And happy birthday! Orange makes great 2x12 cabinets smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 27 2010, 04:10 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow .... Happy birthday man you got an awesome presents. You must have good friends smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 28 2010, 05:16 PM
Instructor
That's a cool present man! smile.gif

For the flat, one speaker will do.

I must say that attenuator costs a lot, and it doesn't serve well to the purpose of playing with headphones. Attenuator is there simply to lower down the volume of a cranked amp to such levels that is normal for gigs, but you still need to get the speakers moving for good sound, so you still need to play loud. If you use headphones, I believe you won't get that much further than using Guitar Rig 4 or something similar.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Mandos
Nov 28 2010, 05:43 PM
Ok, headphones with podfarm and my UX1 then. smile.gif

What 1x12" do you recommend? I've heard good things about Harley Benton or should I just get an Orange cab?

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2010, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (Mandos @ Nov 28 2010, 11:43 AM) *
Ok, headphones with podfarm and my UX1 then. smile.gif

What 1x12" do you recommend? I've heard good things about Harley Benton or should I just get an Orange cab?

Getting an orange Cab would be a good idea since the Orange heads and Cabs sound great together. They were built for each other smile.gif If you don't go with an orange cab, just make sure the speakers in whatever cab you get are nice. Some nice Celestions or something along that line. You don't want to pair it with crappy speakers. It would be a waste.

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 30 2010, 03:02 AM
Instructor
Todd is right, Orange cabs are great, I've never hear one that is bad, they all had nice warm sound. Try some combinations if you can, take it to some studios where they have different cabs. By trying with several cabs, you will quickly see what works best. You may invest some time and money in studio tests (rehearsals), but it's well worth it if you ask me..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:16 AM