2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Creeps You Out ?
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 09:28 AM
Instructor
Dudes & Dudettes ! cool.gif

Ok, I know this might seem like a really weird topic but what creeps you out and makes you uncomfortable / disgusts you ?

For me it's things like: surgical operations ( the thought of them, people talking about them or footage of them on tv ), roadkill, ashtrays full of cigarettes..

What about you ? tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Aug 12 2011, 09:28 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 12 2011, 09:29 AM
GMC:er
Freaking Clowns and Vintage Dolls with satanic eyes ...<.<

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 12 2011, 09:37 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Rooms where all the walls are painted pink freak me out blink.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 10:20 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Aug 12 2011, 09:37 AM) *
Rooms where all the walls are painted pink freak me out blink.gif

When I read this I had to keep telling myself 'Don't Ben.. just don't....' cool.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Aug 12 2011, 11:07 AM
I can watch gore movies all day long it doesn't bother me. But the minute they start talking of broken finger nails or something going through a hand or a foot I cringe every time.

And I'm kinda with Ben on the surgery thing. Few years ago my mom went in for carpel tunnel. They called me into the back when she was all prep'd up. Well she wasn't finished they still had to put a needle in her hand and ended up snaking it a bit down a vein. I was like wow cool. Next thing I know I flushed out, got sick, and was really close to passing out.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 12 2011, 11:09 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
People who chew their straw flat and lick it perfectly clean of all milkshake

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 12 2011, 11:27 AM
i can't sleep at all and i am quiet afraid to if i have my head in the direction of the roof.
this start happen when i was a kid, i didn't knew back then and still don't know what it was, even went to doctors and they didn't give me answers, a paranoia i guess.

everytime that i did sleep with my head in direction to the roof, i started to imagine a huge steel block, and a piece of wheat breaking it, in half...then i would go to the bathroom, and i start to remember songs and dialogues/ little phrases from cartoons, my heart by that time was like petrucci shred's at 2000000bpm and then puff it happen, "i will try my best to explain what happen

open a photo and really quick, start to move with your mouse wheel, so the image goes Zoom Out/Zoom in, but frenetically , now stare at it, and imagine watching every object in your house like that, imagine closing your eyes and seeing your toughs like that, it usually was 2 nights in a row like that, as a hell of a time for me :/,

so yep that's the think that makes me more uncomfortable than anything else, and the thing i fear most to be honest.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 12 2011, 11:37 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
errm, not the most pleasant of things I know but someone throwing up totally gross`s me out to the point I could quite easily throw up myself.

can become quite difficult at times with a young daughter laugh.gif

I cant touch public toilet flush handles either, I usually push the lever with my foot or with some tissue.

ahh gagging

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 01:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 12 2011, 11:27 AM) *
i can't sleep at all and i am quiet afraid to if i have my head in the direction of the roof.
this start happen when i was a kid, i didn't knew back then and still don't know what it was, even went to doctors and they didn't give me answers, a paranoia i guess.

everytime that i did sleep with my head in direction to the roof, i started to imagine a huge steel block, and a piece of wheat breaking it, in half...then i would go to the bathroom, and i start to remember songs and dialogues/ little phrases from cartoons, my heart by that time was like petrucci shred's at 2000000bpm and then puff it happen, "i will try my best to explain what happen

open a photo and really quick, start to move with your mouse wheel, so the image goes Zoom Out/Zoom in, but frenetically , now stare at it, and imagine watching every object in your house like that, imagine closing your eyes and seeing your toughs like that, it usually was 2 nights in a row like that, as a hell of a time for me :/,

so yep that's the think that makes me more uncomfortable than anything else, and the thing i fear most to be honest.

Wow, Monkey that sounds horrible.. I hope it goes away one day !

QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 12 2011, 11:37 AM) *
errm, not the most pleasant of things I know but someone throwing up totally gross`s me out to the point I could quite easily throw up myself.

can become quite difficult at times with a young daughter laugh.gif

I cant touch public toilet flush handles either, I usually push the lever with my foot or with some tissue.

ahh gagging

Yes, I understand as Ninna is the same about people throwing up..

And I'm with you on the public toilet thing.. just the thought of touching any surface - even the walls is just horrible

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 12 2011, 01:49 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2011, 02:42 PM) *
And I'm with you on the public toilet thing.. just the thought of touching any surface - even the walls is just horrible

If everybody treated public toilets with the same respect you guys do public toilets would be clean enough to drink from biggrin.gif Slight exaggeration but you could at least bring your burger in instead of having to throw it in the bin.

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 12 2011, 04:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2011, 10:28 AM) *
Dudes & Dudettes ! cool.gif

Ok, I know this might seem like a really weird topic but what creeps you out and makes you uncomfortable / disgusts you ?

For me it's things like: surgical operations ( the thought of them, people talking about them or footage of them on tv ), roadkill, ashtrays full of cigarettes..

What about you ? tongue.gif

Creepy: Eye operations

Uncomfortable: Wasps in my face

Disgusting: Toilet splash in public toilets ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 12 2011, 04:45 PM
Learning Roadie
People talking about gory stuff, and even seeing it - real or not - grosses me out.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 12 2011, 05:42 PM
Tone Seeker
I can watch gore movies like Rambo, Terminator etc. but can't watch real life hospital operations from tv. Yäk !
Also at 28 years of age I'm slightly fear of the dark. mellow.gif Example if I take shower in the morning I have to turn lights on even in the sauna cos that door of blackness is creeping me out. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 06:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 12 2011, 05:42 PM) *
I can watch gore movies like Rambo, Terminator etc. but can't watch real life hospital operations from tv. Yäk !
Also at 28 years of age I'm slightly fear of the dark. mellow.gif Example if I take shower in the morning I have to turn lights on even in the sauna cos that door of blackness is creeping me out. tongue.gif

Yes that's the same as me.. I don't mind pretend gore, blood etc.. but any hospital related stuff is off limits !!

Man, I had a real big thing about the dark too... I don't know what eventually stopped it but when I was younger I had to run up the stairs really fast and turn the bathroom light on as quick as I could.

I think a lot of it was because I read these books about Greek legends and there was a scary picture of Medusa.. so for ages I was afraid of Gorgons in the dark ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Aug 12 2011, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2011, 07:21 PM) *
so for ages I was afraid of Gorgons in the dark ! biggrin.gif

As a kid I used to be afraid of the yellow puppet Bert from Bert and Ernie of Sesame street.
He just looks evil with those eyebrows.
I think I watched the show in German TV and had no idea, what he was saying, which made it more spooky.

He was patrolling the hall in my house and would come attack me, if I made noise or got out of bed biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (WeePee @ Aug 12 2011, 05:42 PM) *

yea I know where your coming from, and Ben`s running up the stairs thing, if I`ve watched something on the TV a bit creepy late at night and my wife is already upstairs in bed then once I turn out the light its pitch black, I use my phone to light the way and do that little skip thing up the last few stairs like someone is right behind me! and sometimes if I`ve really spooked myself I do that jump into bed and pull the cover over my head thing, like that is going to stop the "axe of doom"! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2011, 08:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Aug 12 2011, 08:18 PM) *
yea I know where your coming from, and Ben`s running up the stairs thing, if I`ve watched something on the TV a bit creepy late at night and my wife is already upstairs in bed then once I turn out the light its pitch black, I use my phone to light the way and do that little skip thing up the last few stairs like someone is right behind me! and sometimes if I`ve really spooked myself I do that jump into bed and pull the cover over my head thing, like that is going to stop the "axe of doom"! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Hehe, I don't think we ever grow out of our fear of the dark in some ways. Who is truly comfortable in darkness, apart from ninjas and Agent 47 ?

Attached Image

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 12 2011, 08:39 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 12 2011, 10:33 PM) *
Hehe, I don't think we ever grow out of our fear of the dark in some ways. Who is truly comfortable in darkness, apart from ninjas and Agent 47 ?

Sorry I had to reply biggrin.gif

Chuck Norris sleeps with a night light. Not because Chuck Norris is afraid of the dark, but the dark is afraid of Chuck Norris

This post has been edited by WeePee: Aug 12 2011, 08:42 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 12 2011, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Liars and people who constantly change their belief! That's scares me a lot ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 13 2011, 01:33 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Loose hair. Like when there are strands of someones hair just laying around. I don't know why, but that really gets to me. Also, construction site porta-potties - the epitome of disgust.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:01 PM