4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Death Magnetic Is Out What Do You Think
jer
Sep 12 2008, 10:10 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Nazgul @ Sep 12 2008, 04:03 PM) *
No, that's a fact. Whether it's good or not, is up to you.

How is that a fact?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Sep 12 2008, 10:12 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 12 2008, 11:10 PM) *
How is that a fact?

Well, my bad english. rolleyes.gif It's not a fact, but when I listen to Metallica it's always like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 12 2008, 10:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I must say I'm liking it so far smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
midnight
Sep 12 2008, 11:56 PM
Best stuff since the Black album. It definitely fits in with the great albums of the past. It's not at the level of those, but it's an excellent album.

I like that it has alot of the vintage thrash vibe of the old stuff and that it sounds new and different compared to the other heavy bands out there. There will never be another Master of Puppets, Lightning or Justice.

+Quote Post
Disturbed21
Sep 13 2008, 12:12 AM
Death magnetic is not as great as their older stuff (kill em all-black album)but i'm actually starting to get addicted to it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Enter The Doom And Gloom If You Dare Below This Message

http://www.last.fm/user/Disturbed21

and add if you want...

+Quote Post
Antipolitik
Sep 13 2008, 03:17 AM
Hey guys,

Been listening on the album on repeat 9 hours at work. Well, some pauses of course but not many.
I think the album is 9.5/10 and this is why:

The songs are just insane! Great rhythm guitars (don't like the solos too much), bass good but a bit "hidden".
Hetfields vocals are 10/10, I think he really delievers on this album. About the lyrics, very good imho!
Lars is banging the drums as he should, hard and tight enough. I really like the whole production. It gives a kind
of garage, live more dirty feeling than the most shit I listen to these days. It really sounds oldschool AND modern but
still as many say, old Metallica. I hear Sabbath, RATM, Slayer and even Disturbed in some of the riffs. Really cool stuff.

Hetfield is Hetfield but he really shines at some parts like in Cyanide "Suicide I've already died" etc is wicked!
Judas kiss is also insanely great especially the vocals are superb! It's also in Judas Kiss you can here a bit of
Disturbed on the Chorus riff. Anyway, I won't bore you with me reviewing all the songs haha.

I can't really say why the solos isn't feeling perfect... they ARE very good but it feels like someone else said like
Mr Kirk put some of the solos just as "fillers" and not as a songlifting solos... if you know what I mean.

If those old farts manage to play these songs live gig after gig on tour man, oh man... They ARE ON DRUGS!

Metallica rules again! Much respect!

--------------------

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Sep 13 2008, 03:26 AM
i acually love the album. has some sweet riffs. first day!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Sep 13 2008, 03:36 AM
I've only heard their single... not bad, but the drums sound like a trash can... I would like to hear the rest...

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Sep 13 2008, 06:51 AM
I only heard a few songs, and after hearing those songs I'm not interested in buying the album.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Young Guitarist
Sep 13 2008, 09:08 AM
I agree with RIP, i love metallica, but this album wasnt it for me :S Il just stick to the older songs ^^

--------------------
Rock On!

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Sep 13 2008, 12:40 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I think the album is pretty cool, a lot of classic Metallica headbanging riffs. I was a little disappointed about unforgiven III, and Day that never comes was ok. Except those, the first 6 tunes are killer! And My apocalypse.
By the way, I have an idea I would like to share.
Track 9, Suicide and Redemption. Since this is a instrumental song, the song couldn`t have been named after the lyrics. So I wondered if it was meant to symbolize Metallica`s latest records. St. Anger was suicide, Death Magnetic is redemption. What do you think biggrin.gif?

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
edguy
Sep 13 2008, 06:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Mh i have to say i change my Opinion after listen to the album a couple of times:)
I really love what Metallica did:) Hetfield's voice sounds amazing and their really nice riffs there. Maybe it was not the best idea from me to listen to the record that early in the morning:)

Edguy

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Sep 13 2008, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 12 2008, 10:50 AM) *
Not for me.

I shouldnt have to make myself like something.

Sounds like something your cellmate in prison would say.... "Relax.... After a few times....."

YIKES!!!!

loler skates laugh.gif

-

I might buy the album, Im debating with myself about it. Apparently from the comments im reading on here its getting "mixed reviews."

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 13 2008, 11:33 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Havent listened to it tht much but Cyanid is my favorite song

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 13 2008, 11:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Sep 12 2008, 11:59 AM) *
I mostly like it but I haven't had a chance to listen really hard yet.

I love that stuttering riff on Broken Beat & Scarred. I mean, I really, really love that riff.

While the song is OK, just the idea of there being Unforgiven III bugs me. Unforgiven I and II were bad enough.

There's a lot of good ideas in the album, I think. It seemed that they made up their mind to have long songs and for a couple songs could have been a lot better if they cut them down a bit (The Day that Never Comes comes to mind).

I expected to be blown away. I don't think I was so I'm a little disappointed. It's a lot better than Load, Reload, and St Anger though. There's some good stuff there though. It raises even more expectations for the next album.

If you mean the riff starting about 1 minute into the song, I completely agree.. best riff on the album tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Sep 14 2008, 09:09 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Not bad not great, simple as that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Sep 14 2008, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (jer @ Sep 12 2008, 12:43 PM) *
Some bands have 1 good album in them.

Some have 10.

Metallica had 5.

In today's music scene Metallica aren't leading the charge. They're being passed by the likes of Lamb of God, Trivium, Shadows Fall and others. And there isn't anything wrong with that. Rarely does a band stay on its A game for more than 2 albums.

Don't settle for a mediocre album with a recognizeable brand name on it. Dig and discover a band you havent heard of yet and find your next Metallica.

This is great! i love this opinion i never really thought to argue like that but its true. Metallica are not at the front anymore and i think this has to be accepted. There are soon going to be bigger bands than Slayer and Metallica, they've kept the old crowd but just like everything else the youth will discover what is new and one day Metallica albums will just be what once was. I don't think we can ever expect to see Metallica regain the fame with 1 album.

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Bedlam
Sep 15 2008, 03:51 PM
I was skeptical... but the album is actually pretty good!

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Sep 15 2008, 04:56 PM
Ive listened to it five times, and its so average, i find myself just not able to like it. also, did anyone else notice the Horrid production? the entire album is the victim of clipping and generally muddy production. Unfortunately, its NOT a thrash album, like they promised. oh well, i guess i just don't care about metallica anymore.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 15 2008, 05:17 PM
Singing Instructor
Well,the first single from the album,kinda grow on me.I will go to stores for shore.But I don;t like the idea of Unforgiven III,but,I will wait and hear.
Defenetly sounds better then the last one.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:24 PM