Solo Writing
vampire18
Feb 12 2009, 10:15 PM
Learning Rock Star
up to now ive written some solos and riffs but only shreddy type scale running things.
what i cant seem to be able to do is write beutiful blusy bend vibrato type solo like marcus does here.
any tips on how to write an emotional solo?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 12 2009, 10:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vampire18 @ Feb 12 2009, 10:15 PM) *
up to now ive written some solos and riffs but only shreddy type scale running things.
what i cant seem to be able to do is write beutiful blusy bend vibrato type solo like marcus does here.
any tips on how to write an emotional solo?

I think you need to slow down your rhythms , don't shred as much, focus on creating melodies that interact with rests between them and you should have it wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
vampire18
Feb 12 2009, 10:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
it just doesnt sound soulful and briliant like those touchy feely solos, i alwayes get somthing very forced and not very good

--------------------

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Feb 12 2009, 10:34 PM
Learning Roadie
i am definately no expert in solos

but i would guess that doing a really soulful melodic out-of-this-world heartfelt solo gotta be one of the hardest things to do on a guitar..

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 13 2009, 02:32 AM
Instructor
I think the reason is you haven't focused on that kind of playing before mate. Just try to learn new licks and practice more bending and vibrato. Also you can post some video or audio clip of you playing so we can possibly comment what should be rehearsed.

cheers,
Ivan

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
vampire18
Feb 13 2009, 03:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
thx. i think ill practice some of marcuses lessons on beding and vibratos and a couple of ballad solos to get the feel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 13 2009, 03:16 PM
GMC:er
Take the minor pentatonic scale, put on some Gary Moore records and follow what he's doing. Listen to those records four million times and some of it will wear off on ya'.

smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:10 PM