Rec Program
JesseJ
Jul 4 2012, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
Hi everyone smile.gif am kinda curious as to what the REC program is all about ? Do I just upload a video of me playing and then the instructors give me a rating and if it is high enough I pass and go on to the next level ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 4 2012, 02:46 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi Jessej!

Yes - you just need to use the "Post Your Take" option in the lessons to enter REC!
Click here to read more about the REC program.

It would be awesome to see your first REC take! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 4 2012, 05:02 PM
Sweet thanks smile.gif I was thinking I would start by recording a level 1 solo that I already know and then go up a level until I have reached a level ten solo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 4 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Sweet thanks smile.gif I was thinking I would start by recording a level 1 solo that I already know and then go up a level until I have reached a level ten solo.

That sounds great mate! Receiving other instructors feedback (besides the comments that I give you at Gab's Army) will be
really useful! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 08:08 AM
Instructor
Great idea Jesse smile.gif I'll follow the REC zone to see when you post the vid wink.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 5 2012, 09:35 PM
Okay now I just have to figure out how to film smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 7 2012, 06:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 5 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Okay now I just have to figure out how to film smile.gif

Well Jesse, there are several ways....and since I haven't been here long, I'll share my experience.

I started off with just a digital camera and a small practice amp. I'd do a test video or two, to make sure my volume mixed well with the backing track volume. Also, make sure the camera is close, but not TOO close. Instructors want to be able to see your fretting AND picking hand! I made that mistake before, and missed out on very valuable tips for my picking hand!!

Another tip is to just leave the camera rolling. If you have to press "rec" EVERY time you give that lesson a run, you'll get the classic "red-light-fever"! But as Dinaga had pointed out, it is better to leave the cam rolling, keep trying at the backing track and let it loop time and time again until you finally get it! Then, just a quick video edit to splice off all of the beginning attempts, and SUBMIT!!

OR, you can video and record your guitar through an interface, for better quality. I believe you then submit the video mixed with the audio, and maybe they also like to have the guitar only-track (or is that just for collabs?). It's a bit more work (not much....depending on your home recording setup and experience) but the end result is a cleaner mix, and therefore you will get a worse score!! Ha!! just kidding. But, with a cleaner take, you will get more precise feedback in my opinion....that's what it's all about! It's not about getting 100% scores, it's really about challenging yourself and learning and growing as a musician through the practice and feedback!

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 8 2012, 06:29 AM
Thats a good idea about keeping the camera rolling smile.gif I will have to try that. I will just have to spend some time learning how to edit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
derper
Jul 8 2012, 06:34 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 7 2012, 10:29 PM) *
Thats a good idea about keeping the camera rolling smile.gif I will have to try that. I will just have to spend some time learning how to edit.

I'm horrible at that stuff, and only have a cheap Toshiba PC so I just used the free Windows Movie Maker that comes with windows xp...(wait, is that what I have? Whatever is current) but I'm sure there are free programs too. And there is almost always a youtube tutorial for anything! wink.gif

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 10 2012, 03:43 AM
QUOTE (derper @ Jul 8 2012, 05:34 AM) *
I'm horrible at that stuff, and only have a cheap Toshiba PC so I just used the free Windows Movie Maker that comes with windows xp...(wait, is that what I have? Whatever is current) but I'm sure there are free programs too. And there is almost always a youtube tutorial for anything! wink.gif

Haha yup that is how I learnt to use garageband and imovie smile.gif Youtube tutorials ! And i am also horrible at using all these programs, i just want to play. But in the interest of becoming a better player I need to learn all of it I guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:42 AM