My First Acoustic Solo Gig
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Hey guys smile.gif This Saturday, I performed my first solo gig - acoustic guitar and vocals smile.gif It was a very interesting experience and I must say that I enjoyed a big lot. It was an all acoustic event, meant to raise funds for the mom of one of our country's metal singers. He invited people from all the rock/metal bands to perform and of course, everyone said yes without any exception.

There were about 400 people in the audience, which is amazing for that place and I had a hell of a time biggrin.gif Here are two of the three songs I performed:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 3 2014, 04:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Interesting versions of both song; especially Billy Jean. I never though I'd hear that unplugged. You have a great rasp to your voice. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 3 2014, 04:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
I really enjoyed the videos smile.gif You know that always I like separately projects, not only with the band. Congrats for this successful first acoustic gig smile.gif

Even if I will repeat myself I must tell you again that your voice sounds damn awesome smile.gif In Billy Jean the part that start at 2:07, that way of singing it's very..........sexy biggrin.gif (I heard it in that point some girls screaming.......you bad boy laugh.gif laugh.gif ) laugh.gif
I waited to see that idea......you know.....with the beer wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 3 2014, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 3 2014, 03:46 PM) *
I really enjoyed the videos smile.gif You know that always I like separately projects, not only with the band. Congrats for this successful first acoustic gig smile.gif

Even if I will repeat myself I must tell you again that your voice sounds damn awesome smile.gif In Billy Jean the part that start at 2:07, that way of singing it's very..........sexy biggrin.gif (I heard it in that point some girls screaming.......you bad boy laugh.gif laugh.gif ) laugh.gif
I waited to see that idea......you know.....with the beer wink.gif

Haha! Didn't have any beer close enough biggrin.gif But thank you!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 3 2014, 08:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
way to go C-Dawg smile.gif
Ive never been a fan of michael jackson but I do like a lot of his songs when they are covered by other people. Very cool version of billie jean, matey. nice job.... on both songs.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 3 2014, 09:35 PM
GMC:er
Great stuff Cos!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 3 2014, 03:08 PM) *
Interesting versions of both song; especially Billy Jean. I never though I'd hear that unplugged. You have a great rasp to your voice. smile.gif

Enjoy!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2014, 09:38 PM
Super congrats!!!! Well played!!! Going up solo can be pretty scary and you nailed it!

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 3 2014, 09:47 AM) *
Hey guys smile.gif This Saturday, I performed my first solo gig - acoustic guitar and vocals smile.gif It was a very interesting experience and I must say that I enjoyed a big lot. It was an all acoustic event, meant to raise funds for the mom of one of our country's metal singers. He invited people from all the rock/metal bands to perform and of course, everyone said yes without any exception.

There were about 400 people in the audience, which is amazing for that place and I had a hell of a time biggrin.gif Here are two of the three songs I performed:

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 4 2014, 08:52 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys!

Neil - that version is totally awesome!

Todd - mate, the audience was so cool, it actually felt like one big party! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 4 2014, 09:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 3 2014, 08:35 PM) *

Enjoy!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Really cool version, different and so enjoyable smile.gif Very catchy this rhythm wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 4 2014, 11:22 AM
Instructor
Ha ha! Cosmin Your facial expressions compensate all the lack of movement because of sitting on the chair, surrounded with microphones smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2014, 03:45 PM
Instructor
I saw FF in the other thread, but now I know about the event. This is fantastic mate, congratulations! It must have been an amazing experience. How did you feel at first? Were you nervous? happy?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 4 2014, 04:19 PM
Well done Cosmin...That must have been nerve wracking. I enjoyed both songs..and IMO I thought the second, The Best of you, was a more natural performance. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 5 2014, 12:28 PM
Instructor
Thank you guys biggrin.gif As a first experience of this kind - I must admit I was a bit nervous in the beginning, but just because I was sure I would mumble on the lyrics laugh.gif Which actually happened in the Foo Fighters song, as you may notice... BUT smile.gif There's one important thing here - I won the crowd.. When you win the crowd, you can make mistakes and they will find it funny and laugh and feel good. I tried to go along with the flow and just enter into 'party mood' if I can say so... It was a concert in which people came to support a cause and seriousness was understood, but it wasn't by far the moment to be sober. The people in need have to be supported with a good attitude and a bit of a sense of humor smile.gif

All in all, I want to do this again as many times as possible with a lot of songs - got about 50-60 on my list and I am working on re-orchestrating them in acoustic versions smile.gif More to come, soon... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 5 2014, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Just like my father....He could play one chord over an hour and still own the public tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 08:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 5 2014, 01:29 PM) *
Just like my father....He could play one chord over an hour and still own the public tongue.gif

I always wondered ... aside actual stage experience, how in blazes do you practice to get good at being a frontman? smile.gif I guess this is something you are either born with, or you have a hell of a lot of gigs to help you get good at it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 6 2014, 10:01 AM
Instructor
From my experience with different people with frontman status I can say it is something You can workout through years (that's how it was with my main band leader) but...people who I know to be best at it are people who just are like that. They have a gift. I think Cosmin that You also have some kind of talent for it smile.gif Even though I was never able to see You live on gig smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Thank you for your kind thoughts mate - but, I still have a long way to go. You know what scares me the most? What if I will open my mouth and say something REALLY stupid? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 6 2014, 02:43 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 6 2014, 01:03 PM) *
You know what scares me the most? What if I will open my mouth and say something REALLY stupid? laugh.gif

No chance, Darek has right and you have a gift for this wink.gif Assuming that you will say something really stupid, just make one of your facial expressions and everything will be like never happened tongue.gif biggrin.gif Seriously, i'm not kidding, you are a very charismatic guy and people like this. This is a great quality for a frontman wink.gif Nothing will be so bad if you will make a mistake. People will not judge you very harshly or at least this is how I guess smile.gif
Or......you can pray that my theory to be a good one laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Mar 6 2014, 02:56 PM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 6 2014, 04:40 PM
Instructor
See...now Monica confirms wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor
Haha! Thanks guys smile.gif Whenever I will have any doubts, I will keep your words in mind smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:46 AM