Quick Licks #96 - Double Picking Gone Wild
Todd Simpson
Sep 7 2019, 09:27 PM
GMC:er
In this Quick Licks, let's do a bit of "DOUBLE PICKING" which is just striking a given note twice. In a given pattern, if you were going to strike a note once, then an adjacent note twice, to 'Double Pick" it, you'd strike the first note twice and the adjacent note four times.

It's important to keep a LOOSE grip on your pick without letting your hand go slack. Finding the middle ground is the most important thing. If you tense up, you will WRECK your endurance and your precision. This is a Drill all about helping your hand find the perfect balance between playing briskly and not tensing up. Give it a go!!

Attached File  96.gp5 ( 2.33K ) Number of downloads: 18289

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Phil66
Sep 14 2019, 08:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge, there is a little hiccup in there, REC button syndrome. Like a total dingbat I went and practised this without the repeats, I didn't spot them and only listened to your video once so when I discovered them the other night as I was playing along with GP5 for the first time just prior to shooting the video I went into meltdown. It took a lot to train those repeats in after learning it without rolleyes.gif I did go around 15% quicker without the repeats laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/0RsghmgqFQs

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:58 PM