Help In Transcribing Song
Victor Simion
Jan 17 2021, 04:35 PM
Learning Roadie
This solo is almost done,

I think it's pretty close.

Section A: Should be good
Section B: I fixed the sweep picking parts
Section C: I think these are the notes, but when I play over the song it sounds a bit off. Do you think my notes are not good or is his guitar out of tune there?

These is the song and the original song is tunes 1/2 half step down.
You can play the exact notes wrote by me in Guitar Pro just tune your guitar 1/2 half step down in order to play along the original song.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Jan 17 2021, 04:40 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trooper___Inca_O_Lupta__Solo_.gp ( 19.67K ) Number of downloads: 79

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2021, 01:09 AM
GMC:er
It sounds great IMHO!! The production sounds good and your playing is top notch!!! You've done a great job learning this. It's a great way to expand your ability on guitar.

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Jan 27 2021, 10:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2021, 12:09 AM) *
It sounds great IMHO!! The production sounds good and your playing is top notch!!! You've done a great job learning this. It's a great way to expand your ability on guitar.

Todd

Thank you Todd, but this is not my playing. The YouTube video is just the band playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2021, 12:51 AM
my bad. I listened to the guitar pro and I think you have a very good start on this!

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Jan 27 2021, 05:47 PM) *
Thank you Todd, but this is not my playing. The YouTube video is just the band playing.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Feb 13 2021, 11:10 AM
Learning Roadie
I changed again the Section B, a bit, in the sweep picking parts.

Not sure which are the correct notes.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trooper___Inca_O_Lupta__Solo____Version_2.gp ( 19.83K ) Number of downloads: 81

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2021, 11:45 PM
Truly impressive. Your ability to transcribe complicated passages is pretty astounding. Did you do all of this by ear? Also, are you able to play any of this?

QUOTE (Victor Simion @ Feb 13 2021, 06:10 AM) *
I changed again the Section B, a bit, in the sweep picking parts.

Not sure which are the correct notes.

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Feb 14 2021, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 13 2021, 10:45 PM) *
Truly impressive. Your ability to transcribe complicated passages is pretty astounding. Did you do all of this by ear? Also, are you able to play any of this?

I transcribed using also this video for help.

Solo starts at 2:42

Yes, I can play this but there are some parts that are giving me some problems.
Section A:
The parts that I highlighted using blue are giving me some small hand synch issues, they are played as legato(but I haven't written that in Guitar Pro). It's a bit hard for me to do a legato using second finger and pinky finger, third finger and pinky.

Section B:
The parts highlighted using red are giving me more problems. The sweeps seems hard for me since I have to go back and forth at different speeds. Not sure I have transcribed them correctly also, please check the video for comparison.
Also measure 14 which is second 3:04, I think the guitar player is messing the sweep part since I can hear some dead notes.

Can someone help me fix the sweep picking part?
And also need some advice on mastering the parts that are giving me problems.

This post has been edited by Victor Simion: Feb 14 2021, 06:12 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Victor Simion
Feb 23 2021, 06:11 PM
Learning Roadie
I will post just an audio file.
Let me know what you think of my playing.

I am still practicing this one and maybe I will post a video but in the meantime I keep on practicing.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trooper___Inca_o_Lupta_Solo__Lead_Guitar_Only.mp3 ( 826.53K ) Number of downloads: 64

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:23 PM