Marshall Vintage Modern?, needin a slash sound
slash85
Sep 27 2007, 07:19 PM
GMC:er
gday mates,

im gettin a bit of a payout when i finish me apprenticeship at the end of this year and in thinkin f#%k it and im gonna go all out and buy meself a new amp...now i play guns n roses and very slash type stuff so im lookin at getting a marshall vintage modern 2466 head which is 100 watts..........now my questions are:

has anyone got one of these?
How are they ? what would u give it out of 10?
Do they sound very slash like?

now i have at the moment a vox adv30 watt amp which is good but doesnt give me the sound i want ( well not that i can find anyway) ...........i dont play in a band yet so 30 watts is plenty but im thinkin of just goin all out and gettin the 100 watt vintage modern even though i don't need that power yet but i will one day so i would have everything i needed when the time comes so what do u guys think about that? youse reckon that would be ok or would i regret it?......but im fair dinkum dyin for a marshall sound and i want the best i can get me filthy little paws on for that tone and slash sound. and in case u were wondering.....i dont give a s***about me neighbours. biggrin.gif

also if anyone has tried it did u need a distortion pedal or anything to go with it?

cheers mates

Edited for language - Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Sep 27 2007, 09:01 PM

--------------------
DEFENDER OF THE FAITH \m/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:48 AM