> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Motown With The Funk Brothers, Lesson By Guido Bungenstock
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Manu RASSE
Sep 21 2017, 04:54 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Original lesson: Motown With The Funk Brothers by Guido Bungenstock

Hi Guido, Gab, Kris, Darius, Ben and all Instructors and GMCer

This lesson is brilliant but very difficult.
The first recording was not very good.
I read your advice, your critics and I decided to begin again in June, 2017

I worked for 3 months every day to obtain the cleanliness.
Sometimes I wanted to give up because it was too hard but It is not my habit and I continued

Well, it will never be as well that the original but I gave the best of my possibility at present.

I hope that you will notice the progres

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=57665

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Sep 21 2017, 04:55 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Kristofer Dahl
Sep 21 2017, 08:35 PM
GMC Founder
Yeah!! Very cool - I can see your "funk" hand is making great progress!

Overall the groove is there and I enjoyed this take as a piece of music.

There is of course always room for improvement and at times it is a bit rough around the edges, namely at 01:14 where you probably need to get the lick down a bit better to play it with conviction.

I am not super comfortable playing funk music though - I am looking forward to feedback from the other guys as well.

You get an 8 from me!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2017, 12:03 AM
Instructor
Hi mate,

You already know my thoughts because I'm following your progress at Gab's Army. As I've said earlier, I'm impressed of your progress with this lesson which covers two topics that needed to be improved in your playing: groove and dynamics.

I can say that this lesson shows improvements regarding both elements and that we can consider this one passed. However, if you decide to keep it in your diary routine or at least play it from time to time I would put more focus on rhythm and, mostly when your are muting with your right hand and doing the muted strum. That's where your rhythm becomes less precise. Please compare the first two rhythms and notice how Guido's picking is stronger when muting strings. This creates more contrast between notes and muted parts and gives the overall rhythm section a stronger and more rhythmic sound.

You don't look and sound 100% comfortable with this type of rhythm and solo playing, so if you like this style, I would continue working on this type of lessons.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Sep 22 2017, 05:22 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM,

Thx for covering my lesson. I'm flattered! You're on the right way, mate! ;-)
Cheers Guido

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 23 2017, 12:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
One more vote please smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 25 2017, 12:49 PM
Instructor
Well well. I enjoy to watch your progress. Clean strumming part seems to be really tight. Nicely pitched and with well fitted tone.

I' not 100% convinced to solo tone. It has some fizzy frequencies around 4-6 kHz while there's much of air taken away already (low passed I guess). I guess you still need to continue your tone research to find just the right one. You already have cool dynamics and aritculation skills, but they do not translate through this tone.

As for playing solo part I see absolutely nothing serious to fix but there are details missing. For exmaple lick at 1:11 nees omse kind of fusion flow. Maybe try to play these notes even softer while keeping the accents hard. These notes just don't glue the way we would expect. There's also an annoying "crack" every time you mute the strings at breaks with your right hand. That's probably related more to the tone than a hand. If the compression is being used in front of distortion, it may be the cause.

Aside from above I've enjoyed the take and I keep holding my thumbs for your constant developement smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 1 2017, 01:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:56 PM