My Prs Custom 22
GrowingDown1
Jan 3 2008, 10:04 PM
GMC:er
Hi Kris!!
Ok, I dont want to sound like a baby but this is really bothering me. I recently purchased a PRS Custom 22 and it is just amazing. I love this guitar more than I can express. One problem, I love it so much, I cant stand to see the little scratches in the finish that come naturally from playing the instrument. They are only noticeable in the right light but its driving me mad. On the back of the guitar you can see where maybe my belt rubs against it through my shirt and there are little scratches in the finish. Also on the front where maybe the pick touches it when Im playing I see the same thing. So, my question is, do you or any of the other amazing instructors know of any type of guitar polish that can remove these damn things? Its just that I spent a great deal of money on this thing and I want to have it for the rest of my life and want to try to keep it in as good of condition as possible. I dont care the cost, if you know of any polish that can take these things out, please let me know! Thanks to you and all the instructors for the best tool a guitarist can have!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 4 2008, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (GrowingDown1 @ Jan 3 2008, 10:04 PM) *
Hi Kris!!
Ok, I dont want to sound like a baby but this is really bothering me. I recently purchased a PRS Custom 22 and it is just amazing. I love this guitar more than I can express. One problem, I love it so much, I cant stand to see the little scratches in the finish that come naturally from playing the instrument. They are only noticeable in the right light but its driving me mad. On the back of the guitar you can see where maybe my belt rubs against it through my shirt and there are little scratches in the finish. Also on the front where maybe the pick touches it when Im playing I see the same thing. So, my question is, do you or any of the other amazing instructors know of any type of guitar polish that can remove these damn things? Its just that I spent a great deal of money on this thing and I want to have it for the rest of my life and want to try to keep it in as good of condition as possible. I dont care the cost, if you know of any polish that can take these things out, please let me know! Thanks to you and all the instructors for the best tool a guitarist can have!

Hi mate

Scratches occur over time, there's nothing you can do against it. It you watch videos from guitarists and there's bright light you'll see a lot of scratches on their instruments.
Nothing to worry about.

For me it was as annoying as for you, so I decided that my new guitar will be BLACK.
Now I can't see the scratches anymore laugh.gif

P.S: Germany rocks tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jan 4 2008, 07:15 PM
kris's area. however as I am not first, I will continue.

I have this Chinese Lithograph. Really like it. Not real valuable, but still like it. A few months ago one of my cats was losing his footing on a pile of books near it, and as he fell I watched, the claw swipe to catch himself, and then the 4 short slices at the bottom of the lithograph. But I figure it is not so bad, you really don't notice it unless I point it out, and it can be repaired at some point if I want. But still, I love my cats, and he just left his imprint, and years from now when he is gone, I will remember him when I see it.

In consideration of the fact that we live in a 11 dimension reality, on a speck that is so small one cannot even have a conception of how relatively small it is, and that is considering just our own 15 billion year old universe, not to speak of the possibly infinite number of universes floating around in the 11th dimension, that probably go back so far that 15 billion years is just a speck of time, change is the order of things. I take care of my stuff, but when [poo] happens it is just a beauty mark in time and space.

Edited for language - Andrew

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jan 4 2008, 07:42 PM
Sorry to hi-jack your thread here Kris! sad.gif

GrowingDown1, I have the same issue with my PRS Custom. The PRS has a real nice glossy finish that seems to show scratches a little more than usual. I have had success with the Fender three step process and I can recommend it to get rid of some scratches that you might be experiencing. Here is one link to it:

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/guitars/ac...99-0508-000.asp

Hope this helps.

Jeff

This post has been edited by jeff: Jan 4 2008, 07:42 PM

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 4 2008, 11:12 PM
GMC Founder
Since I unfortunately don't know the answer here sad.gif I am glad you guys helped me! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jan 5 2008, 09:59 PM
I know you can get nano-tech paint for a car - maybe you can get it for a guitar as well?
The idea is to treat the laquer with a thin nano coat consisting of tiny, tiny (hence the name 'nano') capsules of fresh paint.
When something happens, the capsules crack and the car/guitar/whatever repaints itself.
Food for thought.. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 6 2008, 08:01 AM
QUOTE (GrowingDown1 @ Jan 4 2008, 10:04 AM) *
Hi Kris!!

Hey thanks for this thread! The same happens with my guitar and it's driving me crazy sad.gif

Lots of good answers here though smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
GrowingDown1
Jan 9 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks a lot Jeff and the rest of you guys. I think Im gonna try the Fender kit you recommended.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Jan 9 2008, 12:11 PM
Consider it proof that your money well-spent is being well used biggrin.gif
Would you honestly like your guitar to look like brand new 5 years from now, or do you want it to look used with attitude?
I choose the latter smile.gif

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 9 2008, 12:19 PM
All of the scratches are what makes it yours. It needs to look like its been played and played.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:26 AM