3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
What Is The First Artist/band You Started Diggin?
Robin
Jul 26 2007, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 26 2007, 09:21 PM) *
I still consider hip hop a great genre, so I´m still in "the darkness", but I suspect that anyone who says hip hop isn´t music has just heard the horrible mtv rappers like Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, 50 cent, etc. (I´m not saying everybody should like hip hop, just accept it as a musical genre worth as much as anything)

Indeed! I want to jump in the river and drown every time I see a rap/hip hop music video on The Voice or whatever, EVERYTHING is exactly the same! "I used to be poor, now I got all the money and women in the world". This is usually people with no talent at all, its just record companies making some crap songs and a music video with chicks in it, thats how popular music works! >_<

But look at Run DMC for instance, thats freakin awesome! (I dont know if that is rap or hop hop, I dont really know the difference)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 27 2007, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Jul 27 2007, 12:40 AM) *
Indeed! I want to jump in the river and drown every time I see a rap/hip hop music video on The Voice or whatever, EVERYTHING is exactly the same! "I used to be poor, now I got all the money and women in the world". This is usually people with no talent at all, its just record companies making some crap songs and a music video with chicks in it, thats how popular music works! >_<

But look at Run DMC for instance, thats freakin awesome! (I dont know if that is rap or hop hop, I dont really know the difference)

I don´t know the difference either, but I´m glad someone agrees laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 27 2007, 03:51 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
The first band i startyed digging was Hammerfall and think i was 15-16 years old. I still listen to them very much and from the day i started listening to them i only wanted to listen to metal.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 29 2007, 07:15 PM
Rammstein! Now it's symphony X smile.gif

+Quote Post
ibanez rocker
Aug 12 2007, 06:13 AM
I started diggin AC/DC a whole lot aroung 13 anf 14 but i am still 14. I just ordered an AC/DC guitar tab book that has like 85 of their songs in tab. so thats my story.

+Quote Post
Adaman
Aug 17 2007, 01:44 AM
The first singer ive ever liked was eminem,i still think he's an intelligent artist,but his music is just not my thing anymore.
The first metal band ive ever heard and liked was acdc,and later blind guardian and hammerfall. and then ive discovered the greatest of them all Iron Maiden. And from that day farward im just into metal.. well lately im starting to really like blues and jazz.. Ray charles bb king alber king etc...

+Quote Post
Mcloven
Aug 26 2007, 12:35 PM
The First Time I Heard Iron Man i was hooked on Sabbath and along came everything else
Long Live ROCK N ROLL!!!!

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Aug 26 2007, 12:44 PM
I think the first BAND that I was really into was the Red Hot Chili Peppers...
but the first style of music I started to listen to was punk, and then after that, every time I discovered a new style of music, I would be really into it and listen to almost nothing else for a couple of months... and then I would find yet another kind of music.

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Aug 26 2007, 12:47 PM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Jul 13 2007, 02:33 PM) *
For me, it was actually Grass Roots...than came along Steppenwolf, the Stones, Zeppelin, Mountain, Lynyrd Skynrd, Thin Lizzy, UFO, Scorpions...than grunge came along with Colbain, and it ruined it for me. Thanks be praised...Ratt, Alice in Chains, just to name a couple, showed up, and renewed my faith that guitar players were still around.

Does anyone remember the one hit bands? How about Bullet Boys with the song "smooth Up In You" to start this off.

KISS, Iron Maiden, WASP, Poison, Metallica. My uncle started playing Kiss and sticking headphones on my ears when I was a year old. Metal and rock is in my blood. First concert was Maiden on the Powerslave tour and I've been hooked on Maiden since then.

I'm a fan of the Bulletboys!! If they had just stuck one of those sappy Power Ballads on their 2nd album all would've been well for them. They did it an album too late (Za Za) and it actually was one the best ballads that any of those bands had done. It was totally different than the rest of them.....very R & B based.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Aug 26 2007, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Pink Floyd, and I was 5 years old... Around the time the Wish You Were Here Album was released. Really loved it... I learned how to work with the big tapedecks around that age as well (those who are old enough know what I'm talking about), so I could listen to Dark Side as well (we only had that one on tape, not on record).

+Quote Post
Bjoerne
Aug 26 2007, 07:21 PM
The first band/s i really started to like was Guns and roses and metallica when i was around 8 i think. And later on in flames, it was my 6 year older brother that introduced me to everything that has with music to do including guitar, and he used to give/burn out records to me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 26 2007, 08:23 PM
this is kinda emberassing, but when I was 10 I only discoverd MTV, and so... I really liked the Spice Girls lol, and a cousin of mine gave me their cd, I still like maybe two of their songs.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 26 2007, 10:09 PM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 26 2007, 07:23 PM) *
this is kinda emberassing, but when I was 10 I only discoverd MTV, and so... I really liked the Spice Girls lol, and a cousin of mine gave me their cd, I still like maybe two of their songs.

Dont be embarassed, I think thats really cool! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Aug 27 2007, 12:25 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 26 2007, 08:23 PM) *

Dude, I liked the Spice Girls too but it had nothing to do with the music laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ! They did have some catchy tunes.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
bart m
Aug 27 2007, 10:50 PM
Probably the first tunes I ever heard, other than lullaby's and nursery rhymes, were church hymns...

I was into Chicago at an early age.
around 10-12 i was listening to
Kansas
Rush
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Kiss
Ratt
Bon Jovi
AC/DC

when i started playing guitar seriously...I was learning tunage from Pearl Jam, Widespread Panic, The Allman Brothers Band, Eagles, The Grateful Dead and Lynyrd Skynyrd and later on Phish...I liked my jam bands for a long time.

now i listen to just about anything that isn't strictly for commercial(to borrow a line from Frank Zappa)

+Quote Post
Cych2769
Sep 4 2007, 08:50 AM
Rush and ZZ top ^^

I actually went to my first Rush concert when i was 2 years old ^^ I havent missed a show thats come my way since.

This post has been edited by Cych2769: Sep 4 2007, 08:51 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:09 AM