> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Opetholic Technical Guitar Journey
Cosmin Lupu
May 13 2012, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Aloha Mert biggrin.gif

alright man, this is your spot so, let's see - first things first, would you like to approach things from a technical perspective only or would you like to focus on theory or other things as well?

Out of what you told me, technique would be your main interest at this point, but I am asking since I would like to know where you would like to travel in your musical journey smile.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 13 2012, 12:21 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Cosmin,

I have had classical guitar education for 8 years and I have been playing the classical guitar for over 20 years now. So from theory side I am pretty well educated and comfortable. I have a pretty solid fretting hand as well. I would like to focus for now on technique, mostly for the picking hand.

Speed is my main problem and things like inside picking, sweep picking, alternate picking with string skipping are things I can do but I would like to be comfortable with these techniques at a shredding speed..

Looking forward to our journey smile.gif
M.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 11:43 AM
Instructor
Alright Mert! We shall start from the outside in smile.gif by that, I mean to take things in a slow but surefooted way.

the main points of focus will be:

- relaxation
- precision
- movement economy
- dynamics

This being said, let's start with a simple two note per string pentatonic pattern which I attached in this post.

It is based on 16th notes and you may start at a tempo which feels the most comfortable at the moment smile.gif I am thinking that we should agree on a particular BPM goal, ok?

let me know what you think wink.gif

Cosmin

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Pentatonic_2strings.gp5 ( 2.5K ) Number of downloads: 213

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 14 2012, 12:08 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hi Cosmin,

I think the plan you suggest sounds excellent! I will have a look at the exercise you attached for the coming days. For me a good starting pace would be 100bpm. I don't know what the goal should be, let's say 140bpm to start with?? It is best if you set some goal for me and I will do my best to achieve that smile.gif

I will post a video once I achieve it or if I can't within a week I will still post a video as best as I can do it and wait for your feedback..

Best,
M.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2012, 12:33 PM
Instructor
I think 140 is awesome biggrin.gif Send the first vid when you shoot it at 100 BPM and we'll take it from there wink.gif

cheerios

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 14 2012, 02:12 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
Hey Cosmin,

Here we go. The pentatonic 2 strings exercise at 100bpm.

Cheers smile.gif
M.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 15 2012, 07:53 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert, this sounds very clean and accurate smile.gif it is not really necessary at this stage, but focusing on moving both your hands less and less will bring enormous benefits.

Let's see the next one biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 17 2012, 10:17 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 15 2012, 06:53 AM) *
Hey Mert, this sounds very clean and accurate smile.gif it is not really necessary at this stage, but focusing on moving both your hands less and less will bring enormous benefits.

Let's see the next one biggrin.gif

Cosmin

Here we are. Pentatonic scale exercise with 2 strings at 130bpm.

Cheers smile.gif
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2012, 08:06 AM
Instructor
Hey Mert, this sounds good man! You choked a few notes but you kept the timing which is very good. Now, this whole deal is just a matter of practicing more wink.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 20 2012, 01:20 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 18 2012, 07:06 AM) *
Hey Mert, this sounds good man! You choked a few notes but you kept the timing which is very good. Now, this whole deal is just a matter of practicing more wink.gif

Hi Cosmin smile.gif

How is it going? So here we are, pentatonic 2 strings exercise at 140 bpm.

Cheers smile.gif
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 05:33 PM
Instructor
haha biggrin.gif Great timing man! And very tight played! You are pretty awesome man biggrin.gif now, let's change things a bit wink.gif you have noticed that the exercise takes each 4 notes of each pentatonic box one after the other, right? What if we would shift the exercise on the next pair of strings smile.gif meaning A and D - would you be up for it? 140 is our goal as well wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 20 2012, 06:01 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2012, 04:33 PM) *
haha biggrin.gif Great timing man! And very tight played! You are pretty awesome man biggrin.gif now, let's change things a bit wink.gif you have noticed that the exercise takes each 4 notes of each pentatonic box one after the other, right? What if we would shift the exercise on the next pair of strings smile.gif meaning A and D - would you be up for it? 140 is our goal as well wink.gif

Cosmin

Thank you Mater Cosmin smile.gif I am honored to hear good compliments from a guitar player like you smile.gif
Ok I will work on the next pair of strings with 140 as my goal. Will post something slow, around 110-120 first.

May the force be with you smile.gif
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif man, you are awesome yourself! I feel like I am inserting a coin and the prize comes out from the machine when I see your progress biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 24 2012, 10:54 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2012, 05:06 PM) *
Hehehe biggrin.gif man, you are awesome yourself! I feel like I am inserting a coin and the prize comes out from the machine when I see your progress biggrin.gif

Hello Master Cosmin smile.gif

Here is my take on the new exercise. Pentatonic exercise on B and E strings. I skipped low speeds, uploading my take on 130 bpm. Next will be at 140, hopefully tongue.gif

Cheers,
Mert

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Almost perfect mate biggrin.gif try the 120 once wink.gif but it has to be flawless, k? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 24 2012, 11:50 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 24 2012, 10:05 AM) *
Almost perfect mate biggrin.gif try the 120 once wink.gif but it has to be flawless, k? wink.gif

All right, here we go, at 120 bpm. It is so hard to make it flawless biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Almost there man! biggrin.gif Well, In the mean time, I told you something about some arpeggios played by using sweeping 3 strings, right?

Try this idea on for size - harmonize the C major scale using these positions and sweep through the shapes:

E--3---------------5----7----------------8----
B-----5---------6----------8---------10----
G--------5---7----------------9---10----

for instance, or re-arrange them so that you will always start on the G string going up towards the E string and then back again for the follwoing shape smile.gif

What do you think? What tempo shall we aim for this one?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 25 2012, 03:38 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 25 2012, 02:27 PM) *
Almost there man! biggrin.gif Well, In the mean time, I told you something about some arpeggios played by using sweeping 3 strings, right?

Try this idea on for size - harmonize the C major scale using these positions and sweep through the shapes:

E--3---------------5----7----------------8----
B-----5---------6----------8---------10----
G--------5---7----------------9---10----

for instance, or re-arrange them so that you will always start on the G string going up towards the E string and then back again for the follwoing shape smile.gif

What do you think? What tempo shall we aim for this one?

Cosmin

Hey Cosmin,

Thanks smile.gif I will post my pentatonic exercise at 140 bpm in the coming days. In the mean time yes I need to practice some sweeping. Basically sweeping and inside picking are two things that stop me from being fast. So this exercise is very nice. I don't know what tempo to start this or what to aim for. In the GMC lessons this kind of sweeps are usually done at say 120 bpm with 16th notes, but that seems a bit too out of my reach at the moment. What do you think? You tell me and I will work towards it smile.gif

Cheers,
M.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 25 2012, 03:55 PM
Instructor
Start playing it at 100 BPM - 8th notes smile.gif go up until you reach your limit biggrin.gif then go down 10 units (playing 16th notes now, k?) and start building up from that point on biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Opetholic
May 28 2012, 11:58 AM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 25 2012, 02:55 PM) *
Start playing it at 100 BPM - 8th notes smile.gif go up until you reach your limit biggrin.gif then go down 10 units (playing 16th notes now, k?) and start building up from that point on biggrin.gif

Hey Cosmin smile.gif

Here is pentatonic exercise on B and E strings at 140 bpm.

I didn't quite understand your suggestion on the sweeping exercise tempo, what I will do is I will start at 60 bpm with 16th notes and try to reach in the end 120 bpm. But that will take a long time tongue.gif so I should also be working on another AP or sweep exercise in parallel to that. As you find fit my master smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:15 AM