Free Tabs
SamJ
Mar 22 2008, 06:04 PM
GMC:er
Hi guys,

I think that tabs under the slow videos should be hidden from non-paying members. Before I signed up for the 6 month period I often used to watch the free main video and then look at the tabs of each other individual section to learn the song, riff or solo bit by bit.

I think that many people at the moment are probably doing the same thing as I was and if the tabs are removed it might encourage more people to sign up and make the community more active and helpful. It will also then mean that we are getting more benefits as paying customers, we will not only get the slow videos but also the tab for the music.

Anyway, just an idea. smile.gif

Sam.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Mar 22 2008, 06:06 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 22 2008, 06:12 PM
Get to da Chopper!
"Free Guitar Video Lessons"...i think this is the free side of the site.

You can then upgrade to see the fingering used, technique used, verbal advice, tab on one printable sheet, gp5, backing tracks....

Seems fair enough to me wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 22 2008, 06:21 PM
Hmmmm...I suppose so.

Maybe the tabs could be removed from all the videos but a page should be added to GMC with a few free full lessons on it where all the features are available so first time visitors will see what they are will get if they subscribe.

That way, there will still be "Free Guitar Video Lessons" and it will also give people the oppurtunity to test GMC out.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 23 2008, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Interesting thinking Sam. smile.gif

To me it's fair to have free tabs for every slow video,
tab does show you frets but you are still missing main things just like Deep said,
technique,fingering etc.

Lets hear more opinions on this.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 23 2008, 04:02 PM
Instructor
I think the tab works as a good bait actually.
You can see the notes, but you also want to see how it's played.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 24 2008, 06:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I thought they were hidden and remember thinking why they are showing up.. wink.gif
I don't know maybe it would be cool to become hidden since it may be logical that way...GMC have a lot of other FREE stuff for non paying visitors.. smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 24 2008, 06:31 PM
GMC Founder
It will probably be hidden in the next version of lesson layout... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 28 2008, 08:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think this shouldn't be because I don't have paid acount now tongue.gif naaah...the idea is good, but just mail me the tabs wink.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 28 2008, 08:44 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 28 2008, 08:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Maybe post the tabs on the forum? Maybe the free stuff also gives GMC power? Imagine, you see GMC for the first time and you think, how nice! Then you want to view a lessons, and everything is hidden, you can't view tabs, you can't get backing, you can't see the videos. Then you think....hmmm let's search for a new site. Not sure but maybe it works like this. On the other hand, hiding the tabs won't scare people off I think, just make sure there's still some stuff for non-paying-people to watch.

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Mar 28 2008, 08:50 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Mar 28 2008, 10:02 PM
I would say that the tabs have too much value to be free. I really don't care about fingerings. I use my own fingerings anyway.

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:35 PM