42 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 >  
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
Phil66
Sep 3 2017, 10:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for the encouragement Todd. This thread has gone strange. You've answered me above my question and you've also quoted and answered a question I've asked in 2016 huh.gif Then the challenge is related at the end of the thread after my question biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2017, 12:55 AM
GMC:er
Sorry about that. I was moving things around trying to get the CHALLENGE to stick out a bit more smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 3 2017, 05:07 PM) *
Thanks for the encouragement Todd. This thread has gone strange. You've answered me above my question and you've also quoted and answered a question I've asked in 2016 huh.gif Then the challenge is related at the end of the thread after my question biggrin.gif

CALLING OUT ALL GMCERS, STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!!! TIME TO CHALLENGE YOURSELVES!!!!

!!! SUNDAY SHRED CHALLENGE X-53 !!!
GAME OF THRONES CHALLENGE!
Attached Image

Direct Link to this Challenge :http://bit.ly/sundayshredchallengex53

IMPORTANT: YOU CAN PLAY OVER ANY PART OR ALL OF THE BACKING)

DETAILS: VIDEO OPTIONAL : audio or video is fine.

DOWNLOAD BACKING: Attached File  Game_of_thrones_Collab.mp3 ( 1.84MB ) Number of downloads: 30

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/solo-challenge-53-game-of-thrones-by-patrik-berg

KEY: B Minor

SCALES TO USE: B Minor

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 4 2017, 12:58 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 4 2017, 09:06 PM
Hello Todd,

I got in late from work so didn't have time to do a video. I really want to have another go as this is pretty dire. It does get better after 25 seconds though, I'm quite happy with it after that. I'm definitely having another go at this though now I'm starting to get a feel for it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/53-got-take-1

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2017, 01:46 AM
You are off to a very good start with this one smile.gif You gotta break some eggs to bake a cake!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 4 2017, 04:06 PM) *
Hello Todd,

I got in late from work so didn't have time to do a video. I really want to have another go as this is pretty dire. It does get better after 25 seconds though, I'm quite happy with it after that. I'm definitely having another go at this though now I'm starting to get a feel for it.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/53-got-take-1

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 5 2017, 08:45 PM
Thanks Todd,

Ok, here is another go, this track is so hard for me. Again time was too short to make a video, I'm really digging in hard with the Gab work. I did go off key at one point with one note on a repeated lick but it didn't sound too bad so I made a split second decision to go with it and repeated it a couple of times before trying to resolve it. I think it was a G# I was playing if my memory serves me right. Tried a bit more of an extreme sound too huh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/53-got-take-2

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 6 2017, 02:50 AM
You are getting there! It's that one note about 26 seconds in that sorta pulls me out of vibe. I like the rest of it though:) Please do use everything you learn from Gabe on these challenges. Hopefully you can weave it all together in to your solo playing!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 5 2017, 03:45 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

Ok, here is another go, this track is so hard for me. Again time was too short to make a video, I'm really digging in hard with the Gab work. I did go off key at one point with one note on a repeated lick but it didn't sound too bad so I made a split second decision to go with it and repeated it a couple of times before trying to resolve it. I think it was a G# I was playing if my memory serves me right. Tried a bit more of an extreme sound too huh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/53-got-take-2

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 6 2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks Todd,

I'll try but the last months, (since late 2016) I have been striving to get the Jack White lesson down so that's all I've been doing apart from the collabs and the Shred Fest plus I've had all the life hassles this year that I told you about in a PM. I'm having a last ditch attempt at one month concentrated effort on alternate picking using the Darius' lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/ which hopefully will help get through my problem with ascending runs with more than two notes per string. This is also the reason that I haven't submitted a take to Todd's Bootcamp lately as promised. I can't only do so much alternate picking practise before I get bored.

This may be the reason I don't have much ammo and will probably fail this Shred Fest, but it's all good in the big scheme of things.

Hope this helps you to understand mate.

Cheers

PHil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 7 2017, 10:01 AM
No worries Soldier!! I just wanted you to push yourself to wing it a bit and see what you came up it and you did!!! Your last take had a couple of dings in it but overall I liked it! I think you can be proud of it as a good example of coming at something you didn't think was possible and then overcoming impossibility and doing it anyway. I just wanted you to fight doubt and try, which is exactly what you did. For that Soldier, you should pat yourself on the back. Keep playing and keep pushing toward the stuff that seems too much to handle, it's in those spots where we really grow as players. smile.gif

You gotta follow the path that your instincts tell you to follow in terms of what you spend your practice time on and it sounds ilke you are doing just that. So kudos there as well smile.gif Just keep practicing. That's the honest to God secret of all of this. It really doesn't matter if it's a lesson from Darius, or bits from Gabe or my Bootcamp. It may seem like it matters, it doesn't. What does matter is that you keep playing and that you are motivated to keep playing. If you think a given path is going to get you where you wanna go, your more likely to keep going, so keep doing your thing and keep practicing! smile.gif Bootcamp will always be here for ya when you are ready to take the plunge.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 6 2017, 05:28 AM) *
Thanks Todd,

I'll try but the last months, (since late 2016) I have been striving to get the Jack White lesson down so that's all I've been doing apart from the collabs and the Shred Fest plus I've had all the life hassles this year that I told you about in a PM. I'm having a last ditch attempt at one month concentrated effort on alternate picking using the Darius' lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...Picking-Basics/ which hopefully will help get through my problem with ascending runs with more than two notes per string. This is also the reason that I haven't submitted a take to Todd's Bootcamp lately as promised. I can't only do so much alternate picking practise before I get bored.

This may be the reason I don't have much ammo and will probably fail this Shred Fest, but it's all good in the big scheme of things.

Hope this helps you to understand mate.

Cheers

PHil

Not for the feint of Heart, only those with a good Sword Arm need apply but honestly all are welcome smile.gif Just get swinging with that sword before Sunday Runs out!

--
CALLING OUT ALL GMCERS, STUDENTS AND INSTRUCTORS!!! TIME TO CHALLENGE YOURSELVES!!!!

[attachment=46457:todd_nightking2.jpg]

DOWNLOAD BACKING:
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/solo-challenge-53-game-of-thrones-by-patrik-berg

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 7 2017, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 7 2017, 12:48 PM
Cheers Todd,

I'll try to get another take in on this one but it just ain't talkin' to my heart and soul. Sorry if I've let you down but delivering on this one mate.

Thanks

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2017, 08:52 AM
Dude! The only way you could let me down, would be to let yourself down by stopping playing/practicing. Other than that, no harm no foul smile.gif There will be plenty more of these things coming so don't worry smile.gif Maybe the next one will work out a bit better. It's important to try and you did, that's all anyone can ask or do. You've got another shot coming up in two days for another challenge smile.gif Just keep practicing! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 7 2017, 07:48 AM) *
Cheers Todd,

I'll try to get another take in on this one but it just ain't talkin' to my heart and soul. Sorry if I've let you down but delivering on this one mate.

Thanks

Phil

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2017, 06:21 PM

[attachment=46457:todd_nightking2.jpg]

DOWNLOAD BACKING:

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2017, 03:25 AM
!!! SUNDAY SHRED CHALLENGE X-54 !!!
Guns and Roses "knocking on Heavens Door"

Direct Link to this Challenge :http://bit.ly/sundayshredchallengex54

BACKING TRACK: Download Attached File  GNR.mp3 ( 10.32MB ) Number of downloads: 40

KEY : G

SCALES TO USE: G Pentatonic/Blues

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2017, 03:26 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  GNR.mp3 ( 10.32MB ) Number of downloads: 37

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 11 2017, 07:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

This is my take....

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/tapedeck-2-sep-11-19-51-41

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2017, 08:03 PM
That's brilliant Laurent smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Sep 11 2017, 09:05 PM
Learning Roadie
thank you Phil

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 11 2017, 10:25 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 11 2017, 07:08 PM) *

that's really good, laurent. very impressive work. smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2017, 02:22 AM
NICELY DONE!!!! This is the kind of solo I always knew you could play smile.gif It's puts together all of the elements that we've worked on together in bootcamp and then you put your own style on top of it for a really great solo. You play with great dynamism here. You don't just rip in and shred it, which I'm prone to do myself smile.gif You let the backing lead you where you are going which is great. Being able to respond in a musical way to the backing is key to a good solo.

Then when the break hits' you are ready for it and do a great repeating lick that really shows off your technical skill. You have a really good command of the entire fretboard which is great to see. You are not locked in to a single position. This opens up a whole world of possibilities and I"m glad to see you embracing them all smile.gif

In short you just....

Attached Image

LEVELED UP!!

I hope your solo inspires others to give it a go! It's a killer backing and wads of fun to play over! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Sep 11 2017, 02:08 PM) *

Laurent has set the bar high for sure! I hope you make the time to put in a take. This is a great backing to work over and wads of fun smile.gif
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2017, 03:03 PM) *
That's brilliant Laurent smile.gif

You are up next!!! This backing is very fun to work over and is the first in a while that is not just plain crazy. I hope you can put in a take! Love to hear what you do with it smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 11 2017, 05:25 PM) *
that's really good, laurent. very impressive work. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 12 2017, 05:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry for the unsharp camera. Auto focus went out of whack the second I started recording:

By the way, I'm pretty sure this is not in G minor pentatonic as the chart says, but maybe in G major blues? I stuck to G major anyway.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2017, 08:23 PM
Now this is just all kinds of fun! You really put a LOT of things in to a very short solo here and make it all work! First off THAT FREAKING IBBY!!!! just amazing. You are a very lucky guy and one of only a dozen or so people in all of Europe to have the pleasure of that guitar if memory serves. Back to the critique smile.gif Very good use of VIBRATO in the start of the solo as well as good use of sliding technique. Very smooth transition to more technical bits directly following and then my fave part around 55 seconds in where you go all Yngwie over a Guns and Roses track and somehow make it stick!! Bravo there indeed. Then you wrap up with some Steve Vai style slide/Vibrato combos. In short a cornucopia of spiff techniques, combined with a delicate sense of vibrato and note choice coming together to make a very memorable solo. Score!!

In short you just.....

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 12 2017, 12:27 PM) *
Sorry for the unsharp camera. Auto focus went out of whack the second I started recording:

By the way, I'm pretty sure this is not in G minor pentatonic as the chart says, but maybe in G major blues? I stuck to G major anyway.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2017, 05:57 AM
We have some really cool solos on this one. If you have not tried it, go for it and put it on your soundcloud/youtube personal playlist (create one if you don't have one) to track your personal progress. As Be points out this scale is more correctly called G Minor Blues, but commonly just called the Blues Scale. I'll take either smile.gif
----------
!!! SUNDAY SHRED CHALLENGE X-54 !!!
Guns and Roses "knocking on Heavens Door"

Direct Link to this Challenge :http://bit.ly/sundayshredchallengex54

BACKING TRACK: Download Attached File  GNR.mp3 ( 10.32MB ) Number of downloads: 40

KEY : G

SCALES TO USE: G Pentatonic/Blues

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 18 2017, 05:58 AM

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 38 39 40 41 42 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:37 PM