Questions About Learning The *melodic/harmonic Minor* Scales, (Also check out my new demo *Dawn Breaker*)
Vulpine
Nov 27 2013, 04:53 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC , I really like hearing the Lydian Dominant and the Mixolydian b5 mode and I know they are the 4th and 5th mode of the Melodic Minor

I was wondering would it be more beneficial to learn the whole *Melodic Minor* scale as a whole so I could later be familiar with the all of the modes in the melodic minor

Or just learn the Lydian Dominant and Mixolydian b5 modes that I like and not worry about the melodic minor scale as a whole?

and I guess the same question applies to the Harmonic Minor? anyways I hope you can get what im tryng to ask here

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Professor
Nov 27 2013, 05:22 PM
Theory Instructor
Hey

Good question. If you are looking to start with the most commonly used modes of MM and HM then you might want to check out MM 1, MM 4 and MM 7 first, as those are the most commonly used. And then branch off to the other modes of MM after that. For HM it would be the 1st and 5th modes that are used the most, and then if you want check the rest out as well. Just a thought on the order to learn these things in.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Vulpine
Nov 27 2013, 09:10 PM
GMC:er
Ah ok thanks = )

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 28 2013, 10:09 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, before proceeding with the usage, I recommend you to take a look over the ideas written in here, as they shed some light on the Melodic Minor and Harmonic Minor modes:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48834

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50246

You can get a lot of ideas from here as well, so take some time to read and understand the relationship between the notes and the chords smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:37 AM