Do You Have Lessons For.., I didn't know how to search for it
Barnea
Oct 6 2008, 12:45 PM
GMC:er
Do you have ways to help me improve the following:

1. when jamming with friends (i have a drummer friend and another guitarist), when they play me some chord progression i will be able to improvise on it

2. lessons that i could play without the backing track and still would sound as exciting as they are with it (so i can show-off to my friends without needing to enter the website)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 6 2008, 12:55 PM
Lessons that sound cool without backing are pretty much any tapping and sweep picking lessons and lessons like the Judas Priest style lesson so more riffage based lessons. Search for tapping or sweep picking in the search box on the main page.

For the first question you need to know theory so check out Andrew Cockburn's Theory lessons within his Forum area and mix that along with lessons like Carlos Carrillo's Melodic Solo in Gm and try and understand why the notes work alongside the theory and then get your friends to play the same progression as Carlos plays and just jam along with your new found knowledge. I hope this helps. Others may be more knowledgable than me smile.gif

Good luck with your practicing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 6 2008, 01:02 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 6 2008, 01:01 PM
Instructor
Some cool suggestions from OrganizedConfussion!

I think you should look for lessons up to difficulty 6. Make sure to type in the search box things like Solo, Sweep picking, Tapping, Shred, Improvisation and things like that. If you have a specific key you want to jam in , you can type that in ex. my lesson series are in A min so if you just type A min the will come out.

Let me know if you need any more assistance !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2008, 01:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Barnea @ Oct 6 2008, 08:45 AM) *

1. when jamming with friends (i have a drummer friend and another guitarist), when they play me some chord progression i will be able to improvise on it

2. lessons that i could play without the backing track and still would sound as exciting as they are with it (so i can show-off to my friends without needing to enter the website)

Hi Barnea! I also suggest to check Andrew's theory lessons: Link. Learn the theory behind the scales and search video lessons about every scale. You'll find some helpful David's, Alejandro's and Murises lesson about this.
I think that the best way would be if you start with the pentatonic major and minor scales. Learn the positions and the theory behind it.

About lesson that can be played without backing: Now I remember my "Muse Style Lesson", Carlos Tapping Lessons, Ramiro's Chord Melody Lesson, Lian Rhythm Guitar Lessons (like Slayer style for example).

Gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2008, 04:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Barnea @ Oct 6 2008, 01:45 PM) *

It is always good to know the key you are in when the rhythm guitar player is jamming, so you can choose the scale you wanna use. If you are unsure what root he is using, check out some of Andrew's theory lessons. In most cases, you can find the root, and start playing over minor pentatonic scale from that root and it will sound good, specially if the chord progression is a simple one.
You can check out mu pentatonic workshop series for a pentatonic scales over the neck, and various techniques that can be useful when improvising. Pentatonic scale is universal, and it can sound good on most chord sequences, when used properly.

Other than that is it cool to know some good and flashy licks if you wanna show of. This include sweeping, tapping, and whammy use. You can search the lessons for those lessons, and learn some of the licks, and remember the key you were in. Later on the jamm session, you can tell the rhythm player to start from that key, and you can do the licks with no trouble.

Cheers mate smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Barnea
Oct 7 2008, 12:29 PM
thanks for all the comments.
i have learned all of the G Major modes
(G major, A Dorian, B Phrygian, C Lydian, D Mixolydian, E Minor, F# Locrian)
how can this be put in use with lessons at the website?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 7 2008, 09:17 PM
Instructor
You didn't tell us how you learn these modes. Did you learn the 3 note per string patterns, starting from low E string where the first note is the root? If so, all you have to do is change the fret position, and you'll be in another key. For example to go to key C major, all you have to do is move the G major (Ionian) mode from 3rd to 7th fret of low E string.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Barnea
Oct 7 2008, 11:34 PM
exactly biggrin.gif 3 notes per string shapes where the root is the first note at the 6th string. can this help me at any lesson so i can improvise on it?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:54 AM