Question About Basic Recording
TreyDeschamp
Jul 6 2012, 11:00 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I use GarageBand and use my Pod GX to connect my guitar to the program.

I know next to nothing about recording, so all I do is use the Pedals and Amp that GarageBand provides.

I have Pod Farm 2 but I have no clue how to loop it to GarageBand.

Anyway, I have a problem.....

I can get my settings alright but when I record, the guitar doesn't sound loud enough on lower strings. There is also this horrible buzzing when I try to choke my notes of palm mute. I don't have this problem when playing throw my regular half stack.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what my problem is?

Also, does anyone have any tricks and tips about basic recording and mixing that they can share with me?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 7 2012, 12:37 AM
GMC:er
The buzzing could be a few things. Have you tried using a software noise gate in pod farm?

As you might guess this question comes up a lot so there is a great resource in our WIKI where many such questions and their most pertinent answers are enshrined. Check it out. FRAN runs it and HE IS THE MAN!

Here is a section in the wiki that I helped create about home recording. Also, the forums are full of info!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...Tips_And_Tricks

As for using pod farm or any plugin in Garage band, just start garage band first (common mistake is to start the plugin first), then

create new track
go to the track controls
click on an empty
select desired plugin from drop down
Bingo!

Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 6 2012, 06:00 PM) *
I use GarageBand and use my Pod GX to connect my guitar to the program.

I know next to nothing about recording, so all I do is use the Pedals and Amp that GarageBand provides.

I have Pod Farm 2 but I have no clue how to loop it to GarageBand.

Anyway, I have a problem.....

I can get my settings alright but when I record, the guitar doesn't sound loud enough on lower strings. There is also this horrible buzzing when I try to choke my notes of palm mute. I don't have this problem when playing throw my regular half stack.

Could anyone enlighten me as to what my problem is?

Also, does anyone have any tricks and tips about basic recording and mixing that they can share with me?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 7 2012, 05:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd! I'll try this out.

Maybe now I'll be able to get my take of Ben's lesson to Cosmin before I lose my mind!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 7 2012, 07:25 PM
GMC:er
Happy to help! smile.gif I LOVE garage band. It's so quick and simple. A great way to start tracks. I usually demo songs in garage band and then import to LOGIC 9 to finish them.

Todd

QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 7 2012, 12:43 PM) *
Thanks Todd! I'll try this out.

Maybe now I'll be able to get my take of Ben's lesson to Cosmin before I lose my mind!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:38 AM