7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Who Is Your Favorite Guitarist?
mattacuk
Jun 22 2008, 06:21 PM
Lets go fishing!
Buckethead and Paul Gilbert , Yngwie Malmsteen, Dr Brian May

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Jun 22 2008, 09:17 PM
GMC:er
think I have to answer Guthrie Govan on that question smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
LasseToftDK
Jun 23 2008, 07:11 PM
Steve Lukather, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Mike McCready, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Allan Holdsworth.. Just to name a few.. But it's impossible to pick my favorite guitarist cause they are all good in their own ways and styles..

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jun 23 2008, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 19 2008, 06:45 PM) *
Lots of them are cool, too much to write. Each one is great in its own way. smile.gif

I also think about it that way...I'd say I have at least 2 faves for a genre...for instance paco de lucia flamenco, yngwie neo-classical, SVR, Freddie King Blues, John Frusciante Funk, Crossover, Kirk Hammet and many others metal, and so on and so on

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 23 2008, 07:27 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
So many to pick from, SRV and Page are two that come to mind

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jun 23 2008, 08:39 PM
Instructor
Well.. hm.. i have way too many favourites smile.gif But if i were to pick 2 that has really made an impact on me, then it's Kirk Hammet and John Petrucci

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Jun 24 2008, 10:06 PM
I've got loads of favourite musicians (!). But as far as a guitarist I'd have to say Teppei Teranishi from Thrice. He's just... well, my favourite. Good riffs, nice variation and great songs. As far as vocalists, don't get me started!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jun 24 2008, 10:16 PM
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jun 20 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Andy Timmons, Guthrie Govan, or Greg howe..

Amazing to say the least.

These are my favorites also...and throw in John Petrucci.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 24 2008, 11:28 PM
Instructor
Really hard decision,tons of outstanding players out there!!

But there is one who made huge impact on me
and always brings nice memories when I'm listening to him

Mr. Knopfler smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 24 2008, 11:46 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jun 25 2008, 12:28 AM) *
Mr. Knopfler smile.gif

Yes!
And he's surprisingly difficult to play when you study his technique! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Strungout180
Jun 25 2008, 01:49 AM
way too many to list for me, but lately its been Warren Haynes, Gary Moore, Mark Knopfler, Joe Bonamassa, Slash, and Jimmy Page.

--------------------
Electrics: Epiphone Japanese Les Paul Standard • Squire MIM Stratocaster/w. Texas Specials • Fender Robert Cray Standard

Acoustics: Takamine EG540 • Art & Lutherie Folk Cedar

Amps: Blackheart 5w/3w Little Giant

Effects: Boss SD-1 • Holy Grail Reverb • MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive • Boss DD3 Digital Delay • Crybaby Wah

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jun 25 2008, 05:58 AM
Instructor
Steve Vai, Kiko Loureiro, John Petrucci, Eklundh, Govan, Friedman...

+Quote Post
Jackson
Jun 25 2008, 02:27 PM
Mine would be myself happy.gif nah joke...Matthew Tuck, Michaelangelo Batio, Alexi Laiho

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Jun 25 2008, 02:45 PM
My favourite guitarists of all time are: Reb Beach, Robert Marcello, Yngwie Malmsteen, Andy Timmons and George Lynch. Those are my top 5, Reb is my favourite, I just love the guy!!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jun 25 2008, 07:06 PM
Marcus Lavendell, Emppu Vuorinen of Nightwish, Dave Murray of Iron Maiden, Yngwie Malmsteen, Muris Varajic.

After Lavendell, there's no particular order tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 26 2008, 02:40 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Emppu and Dave....Fantastic picks cool.gif

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Jun 26 2008, 02:45 AM
Kirk Hammet, Dave Mustaine, Herman Li, Dimebag Darrell, and Zakk Wylde to name a few.

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 26 2008, 02:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
well as I said Zacky Vengeance and Sinister Gates. Alex of Black Tide and Matt Tuck o and almost forgot Paul Gilbert.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Markwnjr
Jun 26 2008, 03:19 AM
I always liked Brian Hanor ( synyser gates) and his lefty sidekick. but after a while, i realized, what they do is hard, but its the same stuff but just, not? haha, i dunno how to explain. sounds like power ranger solo's. then i started to like herman li. and then found out, they speed up what they play, so i realized i dont need a favorite! because every guitarist is better and different from everyone else. biggrin.gif an i hope to be a role model and a favorite, one day. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 27 2008, 12:04 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
My favs are Dave Murray, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, David Gilmour and so many others. Also Gwyn Ashton, an australian blues guitarist whom I`ve once seen live in Hamburg. It was awesome!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:23 AM