Andy James Fans?
lcsdds
Sep 13 2008, 11:56 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Any Andy James fans here? Anybody learn any of his songs? He is definitely one of my favorite players. I'm sure all of you folks in the UK are well aware of who he is.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 13 2008, 12:43 PM
GMC:er
isn´t he one of the guys who makes dvd´s for lick library?
and i gues he plays with pink floyd now.....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Sep 13 2008, 02:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Sep 13 2008, 12:43 PM) *
isn´t he one of the guys who makes dvd´s for lick library?
and i gues he plays with pink floyd now.....

He does make DVD's for lick library but I don't think he plays for pink floyd. I could be wrong on that, but I think he has his own band called "sacred mother tongue". Totally the opposite of pink floyd, LOL!!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 13 2008, 03:20 PM
upss... it was dave kilminster i ment (also at lick library) who plays with rodger waters and has to play the parts of david gilmour..........

actually, i dont know much about andy james...

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 22 2008, 10:22 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Can't believe I missed this one.. Yeah, Andy can jam for sure!

This post has been edited by skennington: Dec 22 2008, 10:23 PM

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 22 2008, 11:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Definitely one of my favorite players!!! He has a great sense of melody to go with his insane chops biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
showyourfist
Dec 23 2008, 01:30 AM
I've learnt the exercises from his Licklibrary shred series, he's a fantastic player, very smooth.

--------------------

I've had three wives and three guitars. I still play the guitars-Andres Segovia

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Dec 26 2008, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Awesome, heard alot about him..now i see why:)

--------------------

+Quote Post
bodomcovers09
Jul 28 2010, 01:05 PM
Andy James is a god!
I love his phrasing and how he combining it with his amazing technique! smile.gif
My fave songs by him is Devils day,Octavia and Gates of Heaven! wink.gif
And I love his video on youtube called ''Crazy Tapping''!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 3 2010, 09:36 AM
Jazz Instructor
I am fan of his instructional videos... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 7 2010, 01:04 PM
Instructor
wow, that's awesome playing. I will check out his lessons on YT, I bet they are great smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Aug 17 2010, 12:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am a big fan of his. I have several of his DVD's and I especially like his group Sacred Mother Tongue.

I also took some of his online lessons using Skype. He is pretty a pretty down to earth guy. Its kinda funny to have someone like him pop up on your computer screen with his guitar and start to give you guitar lessons in real time.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2010, 02:41 PM
Instructor
I saw some of his guitar lesson on youtube and they are excelent. I bought his last solo album and I really enjoy listening to it. Great player and guitar instructor!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 17 2010, 06:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Aug 17 2010, 12:01 PM) *
I am a big fan of his. I have several of his DVD's and I especially like his group Sacred Mother Tongue.

I also took some of his online lessons using Skype. He is pretty a pretty down to earth guy. Its kinda funny to have someone like him pop up on your computer screen with his guitar and start to give you guitar lessons in real time.

Awesome......how did the lesson go? Do you mind me asking what he taught you?? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Aug 17 2010, 07:31 PM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Aug 17 2010, 12:20 PM) *
Awesome......how did the lesson go? Do you mind me asking what he taught you?? smile.gif

The lesson went well. I had a total of 3 lessons. They ended up being a little more than I wanted to pay with the exchange rate.

He taught me some paul gilbert licks and talked a little about how he goes about things on the guitar. I have done this with a couple of other high profile guitar players over skype and it goes pretty well.

But I have also realized that you can get more for your money on a website like this or by purchasing a good DVD. I do not think I am far enough along to get the full benefits that someone like Andy James can offer.

I think if you are very advanced and searching for some high level technique type stuff then you might get some good info out of Andy.

But the basics are the basics. So for a mid level guy like myself I just need to keep focused on the things here on GMC. smile.gif Thats my 2 cents anyway.

I still think Andy is one hell of a guitar player and I hope one day I can take lessons from him again when they benefit me more. smile.gif

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 17 2010, 08:26 PM
His band Sacred Mother Tongue is great, although somewhat generic. It would be nice if they went in a slightly different direction, prog metal perhaps? They also have a great vocalist, he can actually sing.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Aug 17 2010, 08:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Fingerspasm @ Aug 17 2010, 07:31 PM) *
The lesson went well. I had a total of 3 lessons. They ended up being a little more than I wanted to pay with the exchange rate.

He taught me some paul gilbert licks and talked a little about how he goes about things on the guitar. I have done this with a couple of other high profile guitar players over skype and it goes pretty well.

But I have also realized that you can get more for your money on a website like this or by purchasing a good DVD. I do not think I am far enough along to get the full benefits that someone like Andy James can offer.

I think if you are very advanced and searching for some high level technique type stuff then you might get some good info out of Andy.

But the basics are the basics. So for a mid level guy like myself I just need to keep focused on the things here on GMC. smile.gif Thats my 2 cents anyway.

I still think Andy is one hell of a guitar player and I hope one day I can take lessons from him again when they benefit me more. smile.gif

Thanks for the info. I almost took lessons from his as well but I came to the same conclusion. My conclusion was that really I know what I need to work on.......I just need to work on it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Aug 25 2010, 04:51 PM
Beginner Instructor
Andy James is pretty amazing. I'm not a big metal fan, but I thoroughly enjoy his playing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:31 PM