2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Formula 1 Championship 2008
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 02:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 3 2008, 08:20 AM) *
To be fair though emir even if glock did slow on purpose its only what raikkenen did in china for massa.

But for Massa and Raikkonen these things are normal. They get orders from their team when to do it. It is not a secret that they help each other when one needs points.

Also if he did slow down and got paid that is highly illegal and would they really risk that?

We will never know that and we are not supposed to know. These things are done silently in such business and there is no risk unless Glock admits if it really happened. You can find these kind of agreements in any sport, especially soccer. I am still convinced that it didn't happened by accident.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 3 2008, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
Hamilton well deserved his championship even though it did not fully depend on him especially in the last laps...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 03:04 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 3 2008, 01:50 PM) *
But for Massa and Raikkonen these things are normal. They get orders from their team when to do it. It is not a secret that they help each other when one needs points.

Team orders aren't allowed in Formula 1 though. You can get disqualified. And he didn't lose 14 seconds to Massa with no incidents. Trulli and Glock posted a similar final lap time on dry tires so I think McClaren just knew they'd get infront of Glock before the end because he couldn't go fast because the temperature of the tires would have sent him spinning off if he accelerated too much.

I think if Hamilton was less defensive in the last race he would have won by a much more clear distance. If he attacked like he usually does. He just seemed to make defensive decisions all the way through the race which cost him dearly.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 3 2008, 03:12 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 3 2008, 02:18 PM) *

Yep. I read that before, and to be fair I think that even if he did something, he was indeed with extra trouble because of rain .

I am just saying you not to blame the brazilians who booed, because it would be exactly the same if it were the other way around (Massa winning a championship in UK race on that way). wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 3 2008, 03:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 3 2008, 02:04 PM) *
Team orders aren't allowed in Formula 1 though.

Ferrari has 1st and 2nd driver in the team and they are not equaly treated acoording to their contracts. That's not the case with McLaren. When Raikkonen let Massa overtake him a couple of races ago, he admited that on the press conference and didn't get penalised by anyone. Teams do these things more silently if they need it. For example through a pitstop or similar so people don't think it was done on purpose. Baricchelo did it at least 10 times for Schumacher when they were together in the team. It is well known thing for Ferrari team and that's why I don't really like them although Kimi is the best driver in my oppinion.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
chmilew
Nov 3 2008, 03:23 PM
Congrats to Hamilton even if yesterday the last lap was weird, Hamilton has done a really good season and deserved that( I'm a Ferrari fan but must admit it !)
Hamilton, Kubica and Alonso are the future of F1 anyway !

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 3 2008, 03:34 PM
QUOTE (Gus @ Nov 3 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Yep. I read that before, and to be fair I think that even if he did something, he was indeed with extra trouble because of rain .

I am just saying you not to blame the brazilians who booed, because it would be exactly the same if it were the other way around (Massa winning a championship in UK race on that way). wink.gif

Knowing what people in England are like we wouldn't boo Massa if he won in UK. The problem is we'd boo Hamilton as the British are like that. Our football team gets booed when we lose not the opposition. We have many superstar sportsmen from Great Britain and we expect them to perform but unfortunately we are great underperformers and tend to throw things away sad.gif.

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 3 2008, 02:13 PM) *
Ferrari has 1st and 2nd driver in the team and they are not equaly treated acoording to their contracts. That's not the case with McLaren. When Raikkonen let Massa overtake him a couple of races ago, he admited that on the press conference and didn't get penalised by anyone. Teams do these things more silently if they need it. For example through a pitstop or similar so people don't think it was done on purpose. Baricchelo did it at least 10 times for Schumacher when they were together in the team. It is well known thing for Ferrari team and that's why I don't really like them although Kimi is the best driver in my oppinion.

I must disagree on the best driver. I think Alonso and Kubica are probably the best drivers for making the most out of cars that aren't at the top of the field. Kimi had an awful season for the car he had. Next year I think Vettel, Kubica, Massa, Alonso and Hamilton will be the ones fighting for the championship.

Assuming Red Bull sort their car out that is with Vettel.

For those that want to see the end again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D63WnBwYWs

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Nov 3 2008, 09:17 PM
Indeed the end of the race (last 6 laps) was exciting but i would have rather seen Massa win it all not just the race... But congratz to Hamilton none the less he is a good driver wink.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:43 PM