2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Prs - Paul Reed Smith, anyone played one?
MickeM
Apr 24 2008, 10:38 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Has anyone played a PRS like the CE22, Standard or Custom - mahogany or maple top - and care to share the experience?

I never bothered since the pricetag is ridicilous. But soon enough I might get there and I'd care to know peoples experiences with a PRS, any model smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 25 2008, 03:40 AM
Learning Roadie
They're amazing. Yeah, pricetag is a big obstacle though biggrin.gif I'd love to have one someday though.. worth the cash if you have it to burn.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
J.T.
Apr 25 2008, 10:28 AM
GMC:er
I have one... a PRS CE24 and it's worth every penny I paid for it! An amazing tone and an amazing guitar to play! Ofc the price tag is high and it took me long time to get there but it is worth it!
My next investment in the next few years is def their PRS 513 model... best thing I ever played!

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 25 2008, 11:42 AM
I tried one when I was looking for a high end guitar. I tried 5 high end guitars

Caparison TAT2
Parker Fly Classic
Suhr Custom
Expensive Jackson
PRS

All around the 1800 pound mark but the order above is what I'd put them as quality wise. The PRS was instantly discounted as I didn't like the look, sound or feel of the thing. The Jackson was pretty bad also and the top 3 it was marginal. If your spending that money on a guitar I'd suggest a Suhr Custom as then you can say what you want on it also smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 25 2008, 12:23 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (J.T. @ Apr 25 2008, 05:28 AM) *
I have one... a PRS CE24 and it's worth every penny I paid for it! An amazing tone and an amazing guitar to play! Ofc the price tag is high and it took me long time to get there but it is worth it!
My next investment in the next few years is def their PRS 513 model... best thing I ever played!

That 513 looks pretty cool, I'd love to try one.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
J.T.
Apr 25 2008, 12:32 PM
Ye but the most amazing thing on it is it's pickup system... there is nothing u can't get out of that guitar!

@OrganisedConfusion: All guitars in that price range are amazing I guess but not all are for everyone... you have to find the one that suits you and your style of playing ofc smile.gif

--------------------
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 25 2008, 12:37 PM
Indeed. I know a lot of people that dislike Parker Fly guitars but I love them.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 01:01 PM
That 513 looks great but oh my.. lol, it's $3000!! ohmy.gif

Still the 22 fret CE looks yummy. Caparison is appealing but too much shred-reputiation and I'm no shredder and never will be, and Parkers are just so.... Kris, David, JVM and all the others with Parkers are so good looking, very handsome dudes so they can manage to lift the appearance of a parker. I on the other hand, I need a beautiful PRS to help me look good wink.gif

You know, I've watched a lot of videos on the PRS and it's really stunning what the pu's and tone knob does for the sound. It's a definite must have.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 25 2008, 01:05 PM
You ever tried a Suhr guitar? They are beautiful.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 01:13 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Apr 25 2008, 02:05 PM) *
You ever tried a Suhr guitar? They are beautiful.

No I haven't. Suhr isn't very common here and it's just the past month(s) a store started on Suhr amps around here. I saw a nice 18W head. Don't know if they will sell guitars aswell.

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Apr 25 2008, 01:18 PM
Instructor
The PRS are great great guitars. Try to get a mint used in the U.S.A...they cost much less than Europe...ah if you are interested in Italy, close to me, there's a shop who sell a Private stock just for 18.900 euro...do you wanna buy it? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 25 2008, 01:22 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 25 2008, 01:13 PM) *
No I haven't. Suhr isn't very common here and it's just the past month(s) a store started on Suhr amps around here. I saw a nice 18W head. Don't know if they will sell guitars aswell.

That's a shame. I'm gonna get a Suhr next possibly. They have loads in UK at my local shop. They have like 15 of them, 10 Parkers, 20 PRS and god knows what else. They are a dealer in rare and expensive guitars.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Apr 25 2008, 02:18 PM) *
The PRS are great great guitars. Try to get a mint used in the U.S.A...they cost much less than Europe...ah if you are interested in Italy, close to me, there's a shop who sell a Private stock just for 18.900 euro...do you wanna buy it? laugh.gif laugh.gif

18900 Euro!! For that kind of money I could buy the entire shop laugh.gif

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 25 2008, 01:50 PM
I currently own a PRS SE paul allender but not too long ago i was able to play on a custom 22 because someone i knew had one so whenever i went round there i could play on it. The custom 22 is an absolute amazing instrument the best i've ever played by far. If i had one now i wouldn't need to buy another guitar ever again. It makes even the worst gear sound great and the pickups are boss. My SE is good i like it, i like the feel of PRS guitars and of course the tone but my SE doesn't come close to the custom. One day i'll own one but i don't think i'll be movign away from PRS smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 25 2008, 02:03 PM
Instructor
I would kill for a PRS.. I've only tried one or two in a store, but i really loved them. Shame about the pricetag though.. you can get a good car for less

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 25 2008, 02:05 PM
The price tag did originally put me off until i realised if i had one as long as i didn't ruin it or something i'd have it for life so i want to eventually save up. But i guess you get what you pay for so if you're paying a lot of money you're going to get quality for sure. I can't imagine you being unhappy with them

+Quote Post
Chief Brody
Apr 25 2008, 02:10 PM
Well i recently purchased this little beauty (any excuse to bring the pictures up mwahaha).

PRS Custom 24 10 top and i'll tell you, now i've had a good amount of time with it i don't think i'll ever need another guitar.

Of course i'm a greedy SOB and just because i don't need another doesn't mean i won't buy more.

Seriously though, you can play damn near anything on it and it's so easy playing you'd think it was infused with magical guitar imps who secretly guide your hands and fingers to all the right places laugh.gif

Obviously it cost a lot, but i can say for certain that as long as you're passionate and love to play often it is well worth the money and you cannot go wrong with a guitar like this (personal preferences aside obviously).

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 25 2008, 02:20 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 24 2008, 05:38 PM) *
Has anyone played a PRS like the CE22, Standard or Custom - mahogany or maple top - and care to share the experience?

I never bothered since the pricetag is ridicilous. But soon enough I might get there and I'd care to know peoples experiences with a PRS, any model smile.gif

i know that they are top notch but they have this one made in korea (i think) great tone but not too pricey
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Paul-Reed-Smit...370-i1150570.gc

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 25 2008, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (Chief Brody @ Apr 25 2008, 03:10 PM) *
Seriously though, you can play damn near anything on it and it's so easy playing you'd think it was infused with magical guitar imps who secretly guide your hands and fingers to all the right places laugh.gif

Magic, that's a feature I'd like to adipt into my playing laugh.gif

What a beauty of a guitar! Congrats to buying it smile.gif

QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Apr 25 2008, 03:20 PM) *
i know that they are top notch but they have this one made in korea (i think) great tone but not too pricey
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Paul-Reed-Smit...370-i1150570.gc

Yeah, but the thing is I have enough low cost guitars if I summed their pricetags together I'd be a lot closer to a PRS than I am today.
However, I've read some good stuff about that low price PRS guitar on the Internet aswell so if I wasn't set for an expensive one that will ruin my econom for quite some while I could very well get that one instead.

+Quote Post
J.T.
Apr 25 2008, 03:25 PM
@Chief Brody: love the color looks amazing!

@MickeM: It actualy costs around 3500eu here thats about 5500$ if I'm not mistaken smile.gif but as I said its one hella of guitar... was especialy blown away by its pickup system... basicaly 3 different sets of pickups in one guitar smile.gif

--------------------
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:02 PM