Delay Pedal Help
BrainSmash
Sep 11 2008, 08:47 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone, i just bought this analog delay pedal from a company called Artec over Ebay. I works fine and all but i have one concern, when it has a low battery its sorta makes this screaming seagul sound, can some one help and tell me if this is normal, Thx alot

Heres the link to the auction to same item
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANALOG-DELAY-guitar-pe...1QQcmdZViewItem

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 11 2008, 08:57 PM
Instructor
I would warmly recommend that you get a 9V DC adapter for it, this will payout in a long run and hopefully get rid of the problem.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 11 2008, 09:03 PM
Instructor
I'm not familiar with that particular pedal, but on most pedals you should unplug the guitar cable when you don't use it. Otherwise the batteries will run out very fast. Best thing is of course as Ivan said, to get a 9V DC adapter.

Not sure about that "screaming seagul sound" unsure.gif ... but it sure sounds cool biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 11 2008, 09:05 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't have an analog delay myself (I use a digital) but sure, anything is possible when a battery is running out.

Like Ivan said, get a 9V and use when you practice. Batteries are better for live performances.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 11 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Battery dies very quickly with delay pedals. Yes the screaming sound is also present, you can always hear it when you change the delay rate if the battery is low. Unlike distortion, compressor etc..., delays, pitch shifters and such effect use the most complex algorithms for sound processing so my advice is to use adaptor for these. You never know when the battery it's going to die. Of course you wouldn't want to risk in the middle of the show.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 11 2008, 10:29 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 11 2008, 10:19 PM) *
Battery dies very quickly with delay pedals. Yes the screaming sound is also present, you can always hear it when you change the delay rate if the battery is low. Unlike distortion, compressor etc..., delays, pitch shifters and such effect use the most complex algorithms for sound processing so my advice is to use adaptor for these. You never know when the battery it's going to die. Of course you wouldn't want to risk in the middle of the show.

Yeah that's so true, now I don't remember but a distortion in general takes 5-7mA while a delay takes up to 30mA. Simply meaning that it will dry a battery out in average 5 times quicker. About 40 hours of use in a distortion pedal is ~8 hours use of a 9V in a digital dealy (I don't know if an analog delay eats batteries quicker or last slightly longer)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 11 2008, 11:30 PM
Instructor
I'm not sure either, but I do tend to think that analog devices in general suck more power because of their bulky electronic components.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 12 2008, 12:05 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its normal man , just get an adapter or rechargeables smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Sep 12 2008, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Low battery can damage the pedal, although someone said that this way it sound better (big ears Johnson) I strongly suggest an adapter or better a power supply like the voodoolab. Good luck.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:48 PM