Advanced Tapping Playing In 1965!, Gotta see this :)
Darius Wave
Jul 3 2013, 02:21 PM
Instructor
If You ever more think that something haven't been done before...get a cold rain of what have been done in the 60's smile.gif I wonder how many of cool stuff is somewhere there, in the archives smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 3 2013, 02:26 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hahahah this is AMAZING find! smile.gif

I didn't know tapping "existed" back then.
It sounds as modern as today, looks like there was no real progress in that field hehehe? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 3 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Probably nope...I wonder how poor we'll be today if back then in the 60's they had facebook biggrin.gif It would be a punch in the face to know what people actualy did smile.gif Maybe there were even high gain amps but no one bothered to interest as much as in present time smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2013, 03:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
That guy is going crazy on that acoustic!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 3 2013, 03:54 PM
GMC:er
Tapping actually predates the guitar (maybe even lute). There is an Anatolian instrument called baglama (or saz) which has lots of varietys in itself, one of the oldest string instrument. Here's a result of a quick search;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...KxpJ2PTg#t=142s

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 3 2013, 03:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2013, 04:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 3 2013, 11:20 AM) *
Probably nope...I wonder how poor we'll be today if back then in the 60's they had facebook biggrin.gif It would be a punch in the face to know what people actualy did smile.gif Maybe there were even high gain amps but no one bothered to interest as much as in present time smile.gif

ohmy.gif
hahah I can't believe this!! It's an awesome video... I'm so impressed.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 3 2013, 05:01 PM
This can't be happenning... Van Halen created tapping back at the end of 70's sleep.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 3 2013, 05:26 PM
I love it when he starts tapping the bassline with the thumb and strumming high chord voicings with his pinky of his right hand. Bravo!

*Steve Hackett from the original 'Genesis' tapped too. This is from 1972 ...

There was another guy here in Cali named Harvey Mandel (1970s solo records and with Canned Heat for awhile). He tapped too. Not fast like Ed but he'd put his right hand down on the fretboard to grab some higher notes. He'd play at L.A. rock clubs (most notably the Starwood - a place EVH hung out constantly) all the time in the 70s.
I can't find any old vid showing the technique (there's current stuff though).

Nothing new under the sun.
Having said that, Van Halen definitely did it his own way and turned it into something much more than a 'parlour trick'.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jul 3 2013, 05:32 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 4 2013, 07:40 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow! that was impressive , that guy was ahead of his time eh? When he ran that scale with the 3 note per string pattern at 1:13 I just about fell over and it instantly reminded me of this video with Greg Howe where he talks about Linear Tapping at 1:29.

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 12 2013, 09:44 AM
Amazing ohmy.gif Mind blowing. Speechless. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 12 2013, 01:50 PM
Instructor
It's a vintage Andy McKee biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:29 AM