Slide Guitar
anton
May 10 2007, 12:09 AM
GMC:er
I've been searching the forum and had yet to find any information on how to play slide guitar. I have recently bought a metal slide and have no idea how to use it. If you could make a lesson and show a few techniques that would be very helpful.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by anton: May 10 2007, 12:09 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
anton
May 11 2007, 01:27 AM
what, nobody wants to know how to play slide?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 11 2007, 01:56 AM
yea idk even know what slide guitar is..or what it sounds like sad.gif

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
May 11 2007, 03:54 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 11 2007, 12:56 AM) *

I have Bad Horsie on the brain, I guess...that song uses a slide for the main riff. George Thorogood is known for his slide playing (Bad to the Bone, etc). You normally hear it more in blues-ish stuff than in prog/metal.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 04:19 PM
Johnny winter uses it alot. I dont really know how, all I know is that you arent using it to push the strings down to the fretboard, you just it slide it light on the strings. I'm also pretty sure that you can use normal tuning for it.

+Quote Post
anton
May 11 2007, 06:37 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ May 11 2007, 08:19 AM) *
Johnny winter uses it alot. I dont really know how, all I know is that you arent using it to push the strings down to the fretboard, you just it slide it light on the strings. I'm also pretty sure that you can use normal tuning for it.

yeah, but since u have to keep the slide perpendicular to the guitar neck u also have to mute all the other strings, and i have yet to figure out how to make it sound clean so that no other strings are making any sounds. I saw the movie Crossroads with steve vai at the end and would love to learn how to play slide guitar.

+Quote Post
moles
May 11 2007, 08:04 PM
QUOTE (Ryan @ May 11 2007, 01:56 AM) *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUi9-jqq_i0

=]

+Quote Post
Robin
May 11 2007, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (anton @ May 11 2007, 05:37 PM) *
yeah, but since u have to keep the slide perpendicular to the guitar neck u also have to mute all the other strings, and i have yet to figure out how to make it sound clean so that no other strings are making any sounds. I saw the movie Crossroads with steve vai at the end and would love to learn how to play slide guitar.

Yeah its hard, I've tried it a little bit, I cant possibly make it clean >_< Unless I practice of course smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 11 2007, 11:31 PM
Check out Dave Lindley on youtube, that's the master of slide and bottleneck

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:27 AM