Delay Pedal
liveOASISforever
Mar 24 2013, 11:00 AM
GMC:er
Hi

I am looking to buy a delay pedal.There are two pedals that I am interested in which are the Boss DD3 and the TC flashback.I am leaning towards the Flashback. Have any of yo guys tried these pedals. Whats you're thoughts if you have.

Cheers Sean

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2013, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Both pedals are on every top 5 Delay list that you will find everywhere. Boss Delay DD series are the most used and never fails, i heard great things by the Flashback but I have never tried it. There is also a Flashback version that includes "Tap Tempo" which is a very useful function for setting delay time at the same tempo than the song that you are playing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 24 2013, 06:02 PM
+1 on what Gab says.
I have and use both.
DD3 is a great, straight ahead delay.
Flashback has little more potential versatility.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 24 2013, 07:15 PM
Instructor
Never ever tried the Flashback - but the Boss line - it never fails mate wink.gif Now it depends what you expect from your delay pedal smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 24 2013, 08:11 PM
I just want to add a slight delay to play solos. I have never owned a delay pedal before so I will be experimenting with it. I have heard that the TC Flashback you can get a lot of useful sounds from it.

I am going to buy one from ebay second hand. The only downside to the TC Flashback is its a lot more expensive. Perhaps the extra cash will be worth spending on it if its more versatile than the Boss DD3.

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor
If you just want delay - the Boss is cheaper indeed, but it's sturdy and well built, it won't fail you and it does a hell of a job smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 25 2013, 03:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 25 2013, 08:01 AM) *
If you just want delay - the Boss is cheaper indeed, but it's sturdy and well built, it won't fail you and it does a hell of a job smile.gif

I will second Cosmin's opinion/advice. The Boss will sound great, do EXACTLY what you want and do it for years and years w/o issue.

*The only real difference offered on the TC is that it can do reverse effects, has a very basic (and short timed) looper, offers a delay w/modulation (chorusing) on it and has the ability to have custom delays uploaded to it - the 'Tone Prints' (not nearly as easy and seamless as the adverts would have you believe). If you just want to add some 'space' to your solos with light delay the differences in all the TC presets will be practically unnoticeable. You're only gonna hear the 'delay with effects' presets if you're using them very wet i.e., a lot of delay ratio and with several repeats.

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 25 2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone a think am just going to settle for the boss DD3

Cheers Sean

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 26 2013, 12:57 PM
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Mar 25 2013, 06:46 PM) *
Thanks for the advice everyone a think am just going to settle for the boss DD3

Cheers Sean

I have 2 of them Sean and if you only want to add a bit of 'space' to your sound then it's exactly what you want. It also has the handy 'Hold' function where you could strum a chord click the pedal and it will keep repeating the chord letting you play over the top of it until you clike the pedal again!!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Mar 26 2013, 12:59 PM
The flashback is a good pedal, I used to own one. The basic looper function is a good bonus too!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:28 AM