Bbc - Dangerous Knowledge Documentary
The Uncreator
May 12 2010, 10:42 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Going off a recommendation from Berglmir in another thread, I checked out this BBC documentary called "Dangerous Knowledge" about 4 separate mathematicians and how there work into mathematics drove them insane, mad, and even committing suicide. I'm only on part 3 but so far its very interesting, check it out!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 12 2010, 10:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Ah this topic seems very interesting to me! Thank a lot for recommendation, I'm going to watch it these days! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Berglmir
May 12 2010, 11:45 PM
GMC:er
hehe - told you so & glad you like it!
(BTW I live around the corner of the Boltzmanngasse cool.gif )

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 13 2010, 12:16 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I just finished it and I must say its amazing! I knew about Godel and Turing, and some pieces of Boltzman but most of Cantor's story I didn't know. It was great to see how his experiences with the infinite came back around to Godel and Turing and eventually brought to light, in even fuller force, that logic has limits, and there is unsolvable concepts and problems and we will never know exactly what they are.

Very interesting, definitely leaves you thinking! smile.gif

+Quote Post
OzRob
May 13 2010, 12:47 AM
GMC:er
As a point of trivia, Godel's thinking has been utilised by Roger Penrose to argue recently that true AI may, in principle, be impossible as there will be problems that are non-computable ie. some aspects of problem solving can't be turned into algorithms and thus there may be defined limits to how 'smart' AI can become. Agree or disagree, he's started a storm among AI theorists.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 14 2010, 01:09 AM
Instructor
Very cool, nice topic. I'll try to get it and watch it somehow, looks interesting smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 18 2010, 03:25 PM
Instructor
interesting!

will watch it

bookmarked

thanks!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:55 PM