Playing With Albow Or Hand
Webside
Jul 9 2007, 08:26 PM
GMC:er
When you pick you pick should your hand go side to side or should the albow move side to side. blink.gif

Vebjørn

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 9 2007, 08:36 PM
QUOTE (Webside @ Jul 9 2007, 01:26 PM) *
When you pick you pick should your hand go side to side or should the albow move side to side. blink.gif

Vebjørn

well, i say only with your hand. The less movement possible of your arm..the better.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Yeah, it's all about the wrist movement! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jul 9 2007, 08:40 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Webside @ Jul 9 2007, 01:26 PM) *

Vebjørn

The hand should. More specifically the wrist, you might try to use your fingers to guide the pick sometimes but it's best to make movements from the wrist, if you're going for speed. If you're playing slowly then fingers are ok probably.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Webside
Jul 9 2007, 09:30 PM
Thanks, I keep that in mind while playing, its just something I forget sometimes.biggrin.gif

but i have another prob too,
when i do 3 note per string from high E to low then it is ok

But when my left hand does 3 note per sting from the lower E string to the High E string, my right hand goes in small circles. and that isnt normal is it?

???

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 09:44 PM
Instructor
A video would be more than useful! Can you record a small clip of your "problem"?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Webside
Jul 9 2007, 09:48 PM
i dont have a webcam, sorry, i will by a new computer soon, you will see then, if i remember so:D

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jul 9 2007, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Oh, it's a shame. You can even record it with a digital photo camera if you have one. Nah, just forget about it! It was just a suggestion that could greatly help smile.gif

There is a fellow here in my city that plays in a locally popular melodic death metal band and when he plays solos or some shred runs his right hand is always going in circles. it looks very funny and when i asked him why does he do it - he couldn't answer. I guess it's just somehow natural to you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:18 AM