> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Spasemoonkey's Preparation Frenzy
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 13 2012, 07:05 PM
GMC:er
I'm thinking of doing this randomly. Not only do my soundcloud for practice, but maybe once a week I'll try to do a noodle session like this. To see how I've improved from the week before and then I can keep track over time!

I slowed the sweeping process down as you've said. I think I set it to around 40 instead of 60. I noticed a lot of what you said. I pick down it's clean when I pick up I speed up the full sweep or just a few of the notes, very inconsistent indeed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2012, 01:18 PM
Instructor
Hey Travis! It's not a bad idea smile.gif But I'd rather have you post the tackled lessons here rather than noodling smile.gif Noodling doesn't keep you focused. I think that after taking care of the lessons and posting the parts which are giving you trouble, we could talk about implementing various phrases over a backing track, where all these techniques will have a direction and an application smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 14 2012, 01:34 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 14 2012, 07:18 AM) *
Hey Travis! It's not a bad idea smile.gif But I'd rather have you post the tackled lessons here rather than noodling smile.gif Noodling doesn't keep you focused. I think that after taking care of the lessons and posting the parts which are giving you trouble, we could talk about implementing various phrases over a backing track, where all these techniques will have a direction and an application smile.gif

What do you think?

Cosmin

Oh the lesson was not neglected at all, that was after 4 hours of sweeping with the metronome. biggrin.gif

That would be awesome to learn how to actually place those techniques in something when they are learned. That has always been a wonder for me. Because it just seems people know when to do it at what time and fits perfect.

Edit: Ha! I see what I forgot on that video I actually meant to ask you a question which is why I posted it. On the sweeping how do you get it to sounds smooth and not full of pick plucking each string?

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lian-02-sweeps-major-minor

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Dec 14 2012, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 14 2012, 06:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 14 2012, 12:34 PM) *
Oh the lesson was not neglected at all, that was after 4 hours of sweeping with the metronome. biggrin.gif

That would be awesome to learn how to actually place those techniques in something when they are learned. That has always been a wonder for me. Because it just seems people know when to do it at what time and fits perfect.

Edit: Ha! I see what I forgot on that video I actually meant to ask you a question which is why I posted it. On the sweeping how do you get it to sounds smooth and not full of pick plucking each string?

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lian-02-sweeps-major-minor

Great mate biggrin.gif Let's chop chop then!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 15 2012, 02:20 PM
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lian-sweeps-major-minor-50bpm

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/evh-02-tapping

Tapping is way easier with a metronome hands down.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 15 2012, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Mate! The sweeping was ok - tell me what sort of tempo did you have in mind for a goal regarding this one?

About the tapping - take care about the note length - it sounds a bit shaky and uneven, in comparison with the metronome - please focus on getting all the notes even smile.gif

Now - let's see two more takes, focusing on the stuff above and after that, I'll tell ya a thing or two about implementing them over some chords biggrin.gif Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 15 2012, 11:20 PM
On the tapping the last set is what throws me off, that last stretch 10T-5-1-5-10T is quite the stretch for my fingers even after a nice warm up. But that's no excuse just needs more practice and it will work itself out. I think tomorrow I will warm up with something like a Tap-6-1-6-Tap so I can work some stretching in. Then go back to practicing it with the 10T-5-1-5-10T and record it.

Not sure why but I think that sweeping is horrible, better than when I started but still horrible. I get caught up more in the sound. It bothers me when you hear that really aggressive picking sound from string to string.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

Like this, he has a nice smooth sound, does it have anything to do with tone? Or is it just the skill of the player?

Woot reward for progress! I like the sound of this. Hard work, more work that rewards and shows how to implement it! Wooo! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2012, 09:32 AM
Instructor
smile.gif Hey mate! It's the flow - in sweeping it's always about the flow and it comes with practice. I for one am not a sweeping guy, just because I don't have that many contexts to apply the technique. But anyway, give it time mate smile.gif And work smoother with the picking wink.gif

Looking forward to the next vids biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 20 2012, 04:31 PM
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lian-sweeps-major-minor-40bpm
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/lian-sweeps-major-minor-60bpm

Double Action!

Those are starting to sound more realistic with being more fluid. I started to notice what you were speaking of with not being smooth on the 60BPM. I was hitting like the first 3 notes faster than the last 2 but with the slide up the scale I was making sure was on beat opposed to the whole segment in it entirety!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 21 2012, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif Smoothness in the making smile.gif Mate, I think you are on the right way! All you have to do now is clean up the sound a bit and raise the speed keeping the constant flow! How are the other lessons going?

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 21 2012, 06:28 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 21 2012, 10:57 AM) *
Hehehe biggrin.gif Smoothness in the making smile.gif Mate, I think you are on the right way! All you have to do now is clean up the sound a bit and raise the speed keeping the constant flow! How are the other lessons going?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/
I've started this one about a week ago, trying to work on the transitions from chord to chord. Working outside the typical chug chug chug and helping myself learn to play more relaxed and loose.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Inside-Outside-Picking/
This is next up in the works as well. I think will help round out picking making alt picking more versatile no matter where it stops I'd be able to go in or out. So it will help with getting my picking a lot stronger.

I also took time and did the Arnold Collab, I tossed in a take. Overall I think my timing is ok, could be better. But as I stated in the post for Ben. I am so happy that I created something like that. It's starting to make me feel accomplished with all the hard work I've done and how your pushing has helped me see that there is always more. That a point can be good enough, but why stop there, work outside your comfort zone and it will pay off in the end.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 23 2012, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hey bro smile.gif Always glad to know I can help out! Indeed, those two lessons are very good on the long run and this should be a good approach - to always try and figure out how knowledge will apply in your playing in the long run biggrin.gif

I like the take, as it has a lot of chunk to it!! Be careful though when you get into the lead zone, your spirit falls a bit - by that, I mean that you created awe with the first part and you need to keep the same spirit with the second part where you get into the lead playing. It's more of an attitude and 'I mean what I play!!' kind of thing rather than timing or correct execution here smile.gif

I hope I was able to transmit the idea and I would be curious to see what happens if you treat your recordings in this manner biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 28 2012, 12:23 PM
In and Out and a Round About!
https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/ben-in-out-picking-120bpm

That was a bit awkward feeling to start, but after an hour it started to feel way better.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Hehe smile.gif Not bad mate! Please take care of the dynamics wink.gif Even if the timing is good, there are some notes which sound weaker than the others. Think of yourself as you would be a piano - does this make any sense?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 28 2012, 01:44 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Dec 28 2012, 07:40 AM) *
Hehe smile.gif Not bad mate! Please take care of the dynamics wink.gif Even if the timing is good, there are some notes which sound weaker than the others. Think of yourself as you would be a piano - does this make any sense?

Cosmin

Ah the velocity I hear that now. Shall warm my hands up since I was outside in the snow and get back to practicing! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 28 2012, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 28 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Ah the velocity I hear that now. Shall warm my hands up since I was outside in the snow and get back to practicing! smile.gif

Great that you mentioned this smile.gif I have something for you, when coming out of the cold:

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 30 2012, 10:34 PM
That's a really neat way to get the blood flowing in your hand! Watching the hand kinda reflex I was thinking of Frankenstein "It's Alive"! laugh.gif

Also did some work on the in/out. Tried to get same hard slapping pick on all notes, sounds more as your looking for than the last one.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2012, 08:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 30 2012, 09:34 PM) *
That's a really neat way to get the blood flowing in your hand! Watching the hand kinda reflex I was thinking of Frankenstein "It's Alive"! laugh.gif

Also did some work on the in/out. Tried to get same hard slapping pick on all notes, sounds more as your looking for than the last one.

laugh.gif Frankenstein Kiko - it was my friend that helped me demonstrate the technique biggrin.gif

This is WAY better! Good work mate - now, when can I see the full version, good sir? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Jan 2 2013, 01:22 PM

Had an hour before work so I figured why not. Also did different angles, with an awesome effect between each set! laugh.gif

That way you can see my picking if there is anything that needs worked on in that area as well!

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 2 2013, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Howdy man! Happy new year! I think you did a great job - there are slight slips, but overall it is obvious that you have practiced smile.gif You know what I'd do to become even better? I'd reduce the gain in the tone so that my technique would become deadlier biggrin.gif How does that sound?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:47 PM