8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Blacker Than Black Collab, Extreme Metal Collaboration !
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2012, 01:33 PM
Instructor
Warriors of the Axe ! I thought it time to bring you a more intense, extreme track. So without further ado I present my latest audio collab...

BLACKER THAN BLACK

Attached File  Blacker_than_Black.mp3 ( 707.25K ) Number of downloads: 475

I was inspired by Todd's Black Metal documentary thread. I wanted to get something with icy chords and blastbeats happening. It's bit of a change to the kind of thing you guys know me for.. wink.gif

The first 'riff' is basically centred around D Minor and alternates between G# (which is the Tritone, flat 5th etc) and D. It hits the G# and D a2 time before resolving from G# to A. That would essentially mean that it resolves from the flat 5th to the perfect 5th.

So this can give us mainly a minor sound. I would use D Minor, D Minor Pentatonic.. and just emphasise the G# (flat 5th) every now and then. Or try D Phrygian Dominant.. or even Harmonic Minor.. see what gives you an evil sound !

The next riff use Em to Fm with an open E root note as a pedal tone between the chords. The F would give us a minor 2nd suggesting modes like Phrygian, Phrygian Dominant.. but also try the normal E Minor scale too smile.gif

I know it's a fast track but don't worry about your skills, I want this to be open to everyone.

Why not totally go against the grain and put some slow, bluesy licks over it ?! laugh.gif

It's an audio collab only so mp3's or wavs will do just fine !

Deadline is Wednesday 28th November !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 15 2012, 01:41 PM
Tone Seeker
You know I'm in wink.gif

Thank God this isn't vid collab. Otherwise our friend Christian might get too serious with filming.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2012, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 15 2012, 12:41 PM) *
You know I'm in wink.gif

Thank God this isn't vid collab. Otherwise our friend Christian might get too serious with filming.

Oh my... that made me give the biggest laugh I've had in a while - thank you !! biggrin.gif

Good to know you're in.. I thought you might like this cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2012, 03:16 PM
Instructor
This backing is killer!! Great job Ben! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2012, 03:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 15 2012, 02:16 PM) *
This backing is killer!! Great job Ben! smile.gif

Thanks man, thought I'd try something different ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2012, 04:26 PM
GMC:er
NIIIIIIICCCEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Who could say no to this collab? Pure Blackened Metal Perfection, I"M IN!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Nov 15 2012, 07:33 AM) *
Warriors of the Axe ! I thought it time to bring you a more intense, extreme track. So without further ado I present my latest audio collab...

BLACKER THAN BLACK

Attached File  Blacker_than_Black.mp3 ( 707.25K ) Number of downloads: 475

I was inspired by Todd's Black Metal documentary thread. I wanted to get something with icy chords and blastbeats happening. It's bit of a change to the kind of thing you guys know me for.. wink.gif

The first 'riff' is basically centred around D Minor and alternates between G# (which is the Tritone, flat 5th etc) and D. It hits the G# and D a2 time before resolving from G# to A. That would essentially mean that it resolves from the flat 5th to the perfect 5th.

So this can give us mainly a minor sound. I would use D Minor, D Minor Pentatonic.. and just emphasise the G# (flat 5th) every now and then. Or try D Phrygian Dominant.. or even Harmonic Minor.. see what gives you an evil sound !

The next riff use Em to Fm with an open E root note as a pedal tone between the chords. The F would give us a minor 2nd suggesting modes like Phrygian, Phrygian Dominant.. but also try the normal E Minor scale too smile.gif

I know it's a fast track but don't worry about your skills, I want this to be open to everyone.

Why not totally go against the grain and put some slow, bluesy licks over it ?! laugh.gif

It's an audio collab only so mp3's or wavs will do just fine !

Deadline is Wednesday 28th November !

+Quote Post
Christophe
Nov 15 2012, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hell yeah ! I just know this style like my pocket. Those chords progression are just the same in Dimmu Borgir songs.

I'm in of course smile.gif

This post has been edited by Christophe: Nov 15 2012, 08:57 PM

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Grace
Nov 16 2012, 04:40 AM
Are girls even allowed here??? laugh.gif I think I might like to give this a try......smile.gif

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Nov 16 2012, 03:40 AM) *
Are girls even allowed here??? laugh.gif I think I might like to give this a try......smile.gif

Of course !! biggrin.gif

Everybody's welcome !! cool.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Nov 16 2012, 01:21 PM
Tone Seeker
Tempo is 200 bpm right ?

smile.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Nov 16 2012, 02:04 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
cool backing, it nips along at a fair old speed huh.gif After watching that black metal documentary Im all satanic-ey so I wouldnt mind giving this a go.
I tried to do the spiders collab but eveything I came up with sucked!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 03:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 16 2012, 12:21 PM) *
Tempo is 200 bpm right ?

smile.gif

Yeah man, you got it !! cool.gif

The magic 200

QUOTE (bleez @ Nov 16 2012, 01:04 PM) *
cool backing, it nips along at a fair old speed huh.gif After watching that black metal documentary Im all satanic-ey so I wouldnt mind giving this a go.

Yeah it's weird how that all happened to you, Todd and myself !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 16 2012, 03:49 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (WeePee @ Nov 15 2012, 01:41 PM) *
You know I'm in wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dude, you promised not to show my picture to everyone!

I'm really sad this isn't a video collab...which doesn't stop me from shooting a video anyway laugh.gif

btw, killer backing track Ben!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 16 2012, 02:49 PM) *
Dude, you promised not to show my picture to everyone!

I'm really sad this isn't a video collab...which doesn't stop me from shooting a video anyway laugh.gif

btw, killer backing track Ben!

Yessss.. and Ze German is in !!!! biggrin.gif

Btw, 2 video collabs back to back ?? I think that would kill me !!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 16 2012, 09:22 PM
Here's my take, i played on first ball , didn't take any chances , to maintain true Norwegian black metal spirit !!

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Nov 16 2012, 09:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 16 2012, 09:22 PM) *
Here's my take, i played on first ball , didn't take any chances , to maintain true Norwegian black metal spirit !!

This should be worth some kind of donut.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 16 2012, 09:45 PM
Hey you Guys and you Girl are real crazy !

I must try that out too even if i dont know yet what to do huh.gif tongue.gif

Dieter

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2012, 10:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Nov 16 2012, 08:22 PM) *

Oh man that is totally NECRO !!

I'm starting to think we should make a mini album cool.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Nov 16 2012, 10:12 PM
Ok here a little record !

Dieter

[attachment=29547:Blacker_...k_Collab.mp3]

[attachment=29546:Blacker_...k_ohne__.mp3]

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Nov 16 2012, 10:16 PM
Mini album would sound totally mutilated.. can't wait for another piece of brutality.. \,,,/_

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM